Hey gents. Just had an idea for the site.

MMO-Champion is the haunt of the likes of me since it's first and foremost for class changes, interesting features coming in Cataclysm and all that. At the same time, I'm the type who flees in terror at the thought of spoilers, right down to forum titles shown on the front page that, although are marked [SPOILERS], you end up reading in a split second before you realise what you're reading (e.g. [SPOILERS] The Razing of Orgrimmar, from before Wrath hit). You'll also scan past screenshots that, although are thumbnails, you might see the odd thing here and there.

My idea was to tag each news post with a certain category, which a user could set to view through their profile settings. For example, in my case I might have "Mechanics" checked, which would cover class changes, instance changes or tweaks and refinements to the way a feature works in WoW (like the change to the LFG tool recently, changing how people get vote-kicked), and "Cataclysm Mechanics" checked, which would include the guild levelling system or raid information, but I would have "Cataclysm Content" unchecked, which would include screenshots and videos of the new areas as well as voice snippets taken from beta game files.

Of course this would be alot of work on the admin's side to create, as well as potentially creating more work down the line to have to divide up news into different categories, but I imagine that since people would come to MMO-Champion and see exactly what they want to see it would generate alot more regulars and traffic to the site.

Just how possible would something like this be? Thoughts and opinions very welcome.

- Pride