Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Empowered Totem Idea

So yeah I kinda went off on another thread and my idea kinda blossomed into this.

I think Blizzard should really consider this as a strong possibility, This is something we REALLY need.

Of course all my examples are just that...examples. I would really love for feedback and i wanna see a damn dev read this O-o

The effects would share CDs with their elemental opposite.

earth/air
    water/fire

Empowered Earth: x% base mana. Empowers your current earth totem granting it additional effects for a certain time. 2 min cd (30 sec shared cd with air)
    Empowered Air: x% base mana. Empowers your current air totem granting it additional effects for a certain time. 1 min cd (30 sec shared cd with earth)
    Empowered Water: x% base mana. Empowers your current water totem granting it additional effects for a certain time. 2 min cd (30 sec shared cd with fire)
    Empowered Fire: x% base mana. Empowers your current fire totem granting it additional effects for a certain time. 1 min cd (30 sec shared cd with water)

The shared CD will allow you to choose between utility and offense and would give you more control over your abilities.
    The fun is all in the choices you can make. IMO this would be VERY NICE and not too op.

examples:

Earth:
    Strength of Earth: reduces the global cd of all spells and attacks by .5 seconds for 10 seconds.
    Tremor Totem: Clears and grants immunity to Fear/Horror effects for 4 seconds.
    Earth Elemental: 20% reduced damage to all party/raid members. Last 6 seconds.
    Earthbind: Slows afflicted enemies cast speed by 20% for 6 seconds.
    Stoneskin: clears bleed and poison effects and grants immunity to bleed and poison effects for 6 seconds.

shares a cd with

Air:
    Windfury Totem: Adds and additional 10% melee haste for 8 seconds.
    Grounding: The grounded spell is reflected back at the caster for 50% of the damage over 10 seconds, dispelling this will cause the dispeller to gain the debuff at full duration.
    Wrath of air: increases nature damage caused by 6% for 10 seconds.
    Sentry: Allows you to move while gazing through the totem for 4 seconds. LOL
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________

Water:
    Healing Stream: Healing received Increased by 15% for 6 seconds.
    Mana Spring: Every tick restores mana equal to the amount of mana given by a water orb. (almost like improved water shield
    Mana Tide: When empowered you gain an extra 20% of the total mana gained over 6 seconds.

shares a cd with

Fire:
    Searing: Spouts searing bolts hitting every target within 10 yrds for 8 seconds. (aoe restrictions will apply and it would not hit CCd targets)
    Fire Elemental: Each attack now stacks the searing flames debuff for the rest of the elementals duration (This would make fire ele totem useful for enhance)
    Magma: Pulses from this totem knock back all targets 3 yrds for 6 seconds.
    Flametongue: Increases fire damage caused by 6% for 10 seconds.

Feedback please. :]
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2010-08-08 at 09:48 AM.

You come to my thread and LOL at some of my ideas but you state some that are more ludacris, Nice man.
    Last edited by DistortionSleep; 2010-08-08 at 09:58 AM.

Yeah except I think mine are more viable and I actually put time into my ideas :]

I am a bit confused as to why SoE would give GCD reduction and not increased crit or AP or something more like its original use. I know that they're examples, but Blizz has never been good at coming up with new shaman ideas (except for icons), so a little nudge in the right direction is needed.

I love the Fire Elemental idea, it would be perfect for enhance.

So overall, most of your ideas seem well thought out and useful in many ways. This could ultimately be Blizzard's reason for keeping totems.

P.S. R.I.P Sentry totem

You play a shaman on live I see..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fire Ele idea should probably include Lava Flows too.

Distortion, I did read your thread as well and you came up with a great idea, Funky just modified it. Together, the two of you made something that could really be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel1337 View Post
    I am a bit confused as to why SoE would give GCD reduction and not increased crit or AP or something more like its original use. I know that they're examples, but Blizz has never been good at coming up with new shaman ideas (except for icons), so a little nudge in the right direction is needed.

I love the Fire Elemental idea, it would be perfect for enhance.

So overall, most of your ideas seem well thought out and useful in many ways. This could ultimately be Blizzard's reason for keeping totems.

P.S. R.I.P Sentry totem
    To be COMPLETELY honest, I couldnt think of anything but I was thinking in a pvp situation a resto/ele shaman would be able to lay that for melee and get a couple more casts off in the process but Im a PvE enhance shaman so idk.

Mainly I was trying to make these effects interesting and fun, imo stacking more crit ontop of an ability that already gives crit is kinda boring.

---------- Post added 2010-08-08 at 02:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Samx View Post
    Fire Ele idea should probably include Lava Flows too.
    I think its fine.

Its giving another dot to elemental without speccing into the enhance tree. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    To be COMPLETELY honest, I couldnt think of anything but I was thinking in a pvp situation a resto/ele shaman would be able to lay that for melee and get a couple more casts off in the process but Im a PvE enhance shaman so idk.

Mainly I was trying to make these effects interesting and fun, imo stacking more crit ontop of an ability that already gives crit is kinda boring.
    I'm PVE enhance and PVP Ele. I personally don't run arenas with many melee and in BG's, its every man for himself, so SoE would need a better "empowerment" although more crit is boring.

Possibly something with the earth helping you fight? Maybe increased Nature damage and Wrath of air can be reduced GCD?
    Last edited by arcangel1337; 2010-08-08 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Grounding: The grounded spell is reflected back at the caster for 50% of the damage over 10 seconds, dispelling this will cause the dispeller to gain the debuff at full duration.
    I want feedback on this what do you guys think?

I like it. Would give totems a whole new dimension and would give a lot of nice options and really give the Shaman a very utility like playstyle. like it.

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel1337 View Post
    I'm PVE enhance and PVP Ele. I personally don't run arenas with many melee and in BG's, its every man for himself, so SoE would need a better "empowerment" although more crit is boring.

Possibly something with the earth helping you fight? Nature damage version of Black bruise?
    yeah thats interesting melee attacks cause an extra 6% damage as nature damage for 12 seconds maybe?

---------- Post added 2010-08-08 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanaa View Post
    I like it. Would give totems a whole new dimension and would give a lot of nice options and really give the Shaman a very utility like playstyle. like it.

If you guys really like this I'm completely serious keep bumping this lets get a fkin dev to see it.

I really think this could get pushed and it is a totally new dimension

10+ Year Old Account
    Great idea. A bit complex altrough. Adding additional 16 spells to shaman's arsenal will be kind of confusing.

We need a bulbasaur to help make this thread more popluar

Great idea man ... with this ability it will be more interesting to play shammy hope blizzard will take a look and think about it to add to the game !

Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    Great idea. A bit complex altrough. Adding additional 16 spells to shaman's arsenal will be kind of confusing.
    Agreed, but remember a few things, Enhance shams are going to be less clunky and have more free GCDs, and ele is too easy as is (no offense, but it is) and also, the empowerments share some CDs

---------- Post added 2010-08-08 at 10:08 AM ----------

and as to the grounding totem idea, its awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siika View Post
    Actually it would just be 4 aditional spells

Empower Earth Totem
    Empower Air Totem
    Empower Water Totem
    and
    Empower Fire Totem

the effects of the spells would just be modified by the totem you have out at that moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    What about this for the empowered WF totem,
    Empower Air:

Windfury: For the next 16 seconds, the mainhand melee weapons of nearby raid and party members have a 45% chance to proc an additional attack for 75% of the original weapon swings damage.

Haha, oldschool WF totem.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Durenek View Post
    Empower Air:

Windfury: For the next 16 seconds, the mainhand melee weapons of nearby raid and party members have a 45% chance to proc an additional attack for 75% of the original weapon swings damage.

i was thinking that

but blizz stated they didnt want that mechanic back sadly.

I LOVED OLD WF

Quote Originally Posted by Durenek View Post
    Empower Air:

An ok idea, but it would just be weird for each class and what happens if you have another enh sham in the group, do they get double WF procs?

I kinda like that idea. imagine the arena carnage
    Last edited by arcangel1337; 2010-08-08 at 10:23 AM.