Thread: Spirit heal

Spirit heal

I've PvP'd with every class (sept hunter) and in bg's when you die and res, you get Spirit Heal so you can buff up quickly for free.

You get a similar thing at the start of a bg, and in this part as a warrior you can Battle Shout or Commanding Shout (or generally any ability that costs rage that doesn't require a target) at your hearts content.

Is there any reason why you cant do your buffs as a warrior when you have spirit heal, where as any other class you can use ANY mana using spell in this time period without it costing anything.

P.S I'm assuming its the same for bear druids.

its literally for spells. like things you can't do while silenced.

I is incredibly annoying when at the start of a bg you can buff like everyone else for free, but cant when you res while everyone else can.
    And 9/10 times have to use a bloodrage cooldown.

Also I still don't understand WHY.

Becouse it doesnt cost you something. I'd like to go into battle with full mana ;s

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Becouse it doesnt cost you something. I'd like to go into battle with full mana ;s
    Yes it does, it costs rage, and yes you do go into battle with full mana as you get ressed with 100% and buffs use 0% of it.

Spirit Heals reduces the mana cost of all spells by 100% for 6 seconds. That should explain it enough for you.

There's no way Blizzard would reduce the rage cost of all your abilities to 0 for 6 full seconds. Anyone anywhere near the graveyard would be annihilated by the Warrior spamming Mortal Strikes and Whirlwinds after just having ressed.

What? Those ability have a cooldown you know, so you could do each move... once? and IF there are anyone near the graveyard you would be attacking them anyway, thus not making much difference.

Warriors can't shout while silenced

So no, it makes no sense. The only thing that comes to mind, is that it only reduces mana cost.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Yes it does, it costs rage, and yes you do go into battle with full mana as you get ressed with 100% and buffs use 0% of it.
    yea but you always start out with 0 rage. As a mana user it's just an inconvinience to start of with 80% mana every time you ress and therefor they removed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    What? Those ability have a cooldown you know, so you could do each move... once? and IF there are anyone near the graveyard you would be attacking them anyway, thus not making much difference.
    Yes, but in this situation, you would be able to rip your opponents into pieces without having any Rage cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Yes, but in this situation, you would be able to rip your opponents into pieces without having any Rage cost.
    Would change almost nothing. Most rage abilities have a CD, only one you could spam is heroic strike... WOAH, dude, like, that's some serious PvP damage!

There was a blue post about it when they first added it in TBC. They basically said something like "Battle Shout costs rage because you're supposed to use it in combat, it's a fighting skill and not a simple buff like the mana ones". Bad excuse for being lazy i'd say, though that was back when BS only lasted a max of 2 min i think, so it indeed wouldn't make much sense to buff it in the graveyard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    Would change almost nothing. Most rage abilities have a CD, only one you could spam is heroic strike... WOAH, dude, like, that's some serious PvP damage!

There was a blue post about it when they first added it in TBC. They basically said something like "Battle Shout costs rage because you're supposed to use it in combat, it's a fighting skill and not a simple buff like the mana ones". Bad excuse for being lazy i'd say, though that was back when BS only lasted a max of 2 min i think, so it indeed wouldn't make much sense to buff it in the graveyard.
    Then let me go in this situation a little deeper. How many SECONDS do you think you will survive against a Kitty Druid which has 0 energy cost for 6 seconds? I'm guessing no longer then 3.

Because yea, if there would be 0 rage cost, energy should get the same treatment.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2010-08-08 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Then let me go in this situation a little deeper. How many SECONDS do you think you will survive against a Kitty Druid which has 0 energy cost for 6 seconds? I'm guessing no longer then 3.
    Cat druids use energy. Energy is not rage, and not what we're talking about here, since you can never buff anyone with energy (don't bring tricks of the trade please). On energy, i'd agree it could be pretty OP to use it without limits for 6 sec, assuming you had someone right in front of you when you rez. Though you're still exaggerating it insanely, as feral druids without savage roar don't really do that much damage.

So don't try to change the topic suddendly, you know you're wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    Cat druids use energy. Energy is not rage, and not what we're talking about here, since you can never buff anyone with energy (don't bring tricks of the trade please). On energy, i'd agree it could be pretty OP to use it without limits for 6 sec, assuming you had someone right in front of you when you rez. Though you're still exaggerating it insanely, as feral druids without savage roar don't really do that much damage.

So don't try to change the topic suddendly, you know you're wrong.
    Bleh, then what about Focus in Cataclysm? Will be used for both buffing (Aspects, Trueshot Aura) aswell as other abilities. A Hunter would probably blow you up in a matter of seconds aswell.

And yes, I'm exagerating by saying 3 seconds because it might actually take them 4-5, but SR isn't a big deal. Open with pounce --> SR = WIN. After this first second, you'll basically rape anyone in a matter of seconds if you would actually have no energy cost.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2010-08-08 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Bleh, then what about Focus in Cataclysm? Will be used for both buffing (Aspects, Trueshot Aura) aswell as other abilities. A Hunter would probably blow you up in a matter of seconds aswell.

And yes, I'm exagerating by saying 3 seconds, but SR isn't a big deal. Open with pounce --> SR = WIN. After this first second, you'll basically rape anyone in a matter of seconds if you would actually have no energy cost.
    Focus isn't used for buffing either. Stop trying, if you can't tell the difference between focus/energy and rage, i suggest you check that neat Bear Form skill you have.

It all doesn't matter anyway, because rage won't be used for buffing in Cataclysm anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're right, I was wrong about Hunter buffs requiring Focus at Cataclysm. Was all logic because they used to cost mana aswell, but apparently they removed any costs from it.

Still, what makes you think I don't know the difference between Rage/Energy/Focus..? I didn't make any statement at all which made it sound like I don't, so don't go throwing out shit like that.