Poll: Winner Race

Thread: Race Wars

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    nothing ever came to your head the the humans would block off the tram? We aren't stupid.
    If your raid is bad, bind your Hyperspeed Accelerator to hearthstone!

"We are the Forsaken. We will slaughter anyone who stands in our way."

Forsaken Hands down

1. Val'kyr rez ya dead and use them against you.
    2. Tell me how your going to live past this...
    3. What Themadgod said
    4. You cant supply block the forsaken (starve us)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

There are an infinite number of ways this could play out to the advantage of any particular race, so I tried to consider the question as simply as possible. Humans have a big advantage from the getgo in sheer numbers. Trolls are the cockroaches of Azeroth.... just can't kill em all off. But honestly as it stands in Cataclysm if we're without any kind of alliances/joint attacks/etc how can you stop the Forsaken (aka Scourge Lite). Say what you will about decaying over time, (in fact is there actual evidence to support that? I was under the impression they were essentially immortal) the ability to kill and raise your enemy to fight for you is pretty overwhelming against any force.

Deleted
    Orcs, why? A self-reflection...

Quote Originally Posted by GruntSquad92 View Post
    there many many other races older than nightelves. the time, when trolls ruled the land was just before they got owned, when strange unknown creatures of the night started to blast fireballs everywhere.

tauren are also a little bit older. and with the new stuff, the explorers league found out about there past, it is possible, that dwarves are the oldest race of all(and i DON`t count the earthen)

to be honest, i were a little bit surprised, that the nightelves realy lost so much ground to the horde.
    I believe he meant old as in the individual, not the race. Night Elves are older, individually, than any other race due to being immortal. They have experience behind them. They perfected the art of trial and error and by this time they know what works.

And please, everyone stop with the whole "forsaken can raise all the dead! Derp derp were unstoppable!". I tried to explain the logic against this but it seemed to go over looked. Let me briefly explain it again. NOT EVERY UNDEAD CAN RAISE THE DEAD. There are a limited amount of Val'kyr and as far as we know they can't raise eachother. They are the only ones that CAN raise the dead and seeing as what happened to them when the Lich King died they need someone to listen to. Previously, I compared Sylvanas to a Queen Ant, which is what she is. Kill her and the Valks have nothing to do and no one to listen to anymore. The forsaken would also scatter, crumbled, and die...again. Either take the Blood Queen out, which history has proved isn't too hard, or take out the Val'kyrs. Now the undead have a finite army that can be easily wiped out. I really don't believe they can stand up to the enormous numbers of the humans, brute force of the Orcs, the strategic Night Elves, or extremely smart and clever gnomes or goblins. On my list, undead would be close to last of actually winning this war.
    Last edited by Rayzan; 2010-08-09 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Typos

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls, probably not the Darkspear ones, but the Gurubashi, Amani or the Drakkari. We know for sure they'd have eliminated the high elves if it weren't for the humans at least.

---------- Post added 2010-08-09 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan View Post
    I believe he meant old as in the individual, not the race. Night Elves are older, individually, than any other race due to being immortal. They have experience behind them. They perfected the art of trial and error and by this time they know what works.
    Actually, the draenei are probably older. Valen was already a leader among their people before Sargeras corrupted Kil'jaeden and Archimondes and kicked them out of Argus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan View Post

And please, everyone stop with the whole "forsaken can raise all the dead! Derp derp were unstoppable!". I tried to explain the logic against this but it seemed to go over looked. Let me briefly explain it again. NOT EVERY UNDEAD CAN RAISE THE DEAD. There are a limited amount of Val'kyr and as far as we know they can't raise eachother. They are the only ones that CAN raise the dead and seeing as what happened to them when the Lich King died they need someone to listen to. Previously, I compared Sylvanas to a Queen Ant, which is what she is. Kill her and the Valks have nothing to do and no one to listen to anymore. The forsaken would also scatter, crumbled, and die...again. Either take the Blood Queen out, which history has proved isn't too hard, or take out the Val'kyrs. Now the undead have a finite army that can be easily wiped out. I really don't believe they can stand up to the enormous numbers of the humans, brute force of the Orcs, the strategic Night Elves, or extremely smart and clever gnomes or goblins. On my list, undead would be close to last of actually winning this war.
    i agree with you totally, the undead are not as strong, as everybody trying to make them look like... but that doens´t mean that they´re the end of the food chain (with there stench, i doubt that they are in it at all).
    raising the dead humans (as an info, the forsaken are NOT able to raise any other race, as they don´t have necromancers/val´kyrs strong enough to do this, unlike the lich king) can be a deadly weapon, not as strong as anybody saying it, but not as harmless as you said it. also they are sinister, they have, like the nightelves quite useful tricks, not strong enough to go toe-to-toe battles, but still...

roangut is right, swords aren´t helpful, when you get shot down before you reach your enemy. perhaps goblins are more dangerous than i said before.
    but gnomes...well i´m not sure. they got pushed out by a bunch of troggs (and some of their own creations) unlike goblins, gnomes are not as numerous, i don´t have a number, but when the troggs managed it, to overwhelm them, so they had to flee...

@chomag to be fair, sylvanas is doing MUCH more than anyother leader, "political" also on the front.
    and it wasn´t the mob that killed her, it was godfrey... well actually thats even worse...
    she got ownd by crowley...? when?

I'm going with human.

I like draenei and all, but they lack the population to carry out a war. That and they are "turn the other cheek" kind of guys, more likely to flee Azeroth like they always do than participate in a war.

Forsaken may be very resilient, but they suffer from too many internal squabbles to be effective. The orcs now occupy their capital to watchdog them, even.