Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Sharpopiev2 View Post
I think they mentioned something like that very early in the talks about Cata.
Yeah they did, but they haven't mentioned anything about it since. I hope they didn't abandon the idea.
This is what my idea is based on. Blizz mentioned a long time ago that they wanted to find a way to allow us to choose the tree for each of our pets, but they weren't clear on exactly how they were planning to go about it. I seem to remember that the examples of possible solutions to be either having a dialogue window pop up when you tame something that gives you a choice between the three trees OR consolidating the talents into one tree and structuring it so that in order to get the best build for dps or tanking, you just had to bypass other talents that would normally not be available otherwise. What I came up with is based on the second possibility and IMO I think I did a decent job of designing the tree to allow for some hybridization and "fun" talents while still ensuring that the "best" builds for dps/tank are pretty defined without too much overlap. Last thing we need is to have pets that provide the dps of a ferocity pet with the survivability of a tenacity and the gimmicks of cunning rolled up into one.. That just screams "SWING THE NERFBAT MY WAY!" to me XD

Any specific suggestions on changes to what I have currently? All of the cut talents are hiding on the right in the SV tree portion so it would be simple for me to swap them in/out if needed, plus since this is pure speculation, we could also toss in some more new stuff if anyone comes up with anything good ^^