Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There is no way a warrior would have time to raise his shield in time to block an aimed shot. Nowai.

And there's no way a shield made from titanium or saronite, or even some old shield found in icecrown citadel, could ever deflect a mighty bullet!

This game where cows kill dragons is so unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    But I need to kill fast and BULLETS TOO SLOW!
    May John Freeman rest in peace.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Mages have three ways to avoid all fall damage from heights that would instantly kill all other classes. We're quite lucky in that respect.

Deleted
    this thread reminded me how i fell to my death in the chamber of the aspects.

i jumped of the pillar-mounted circle on top to see if i could survive.

apparently, i could not. was in front of the RS10 raid i was in as well... even more embarrassing: i was a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagu View Post
    I couldn't help but notice in his video that he used it wrong; I believe the OP is asking if you could use it near the ground, whereas TotalBiscuit used it at the top of the cliff.
    Nah you seem to have got that mixed up. As a Goblin, using the boots to throw yourself to your death at high speed is using it RIGHT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivet View Post
    No it wont save u from damage, was either Jessecox or Totalbiscuit who fell to his death in the goblin starting zone obviously believing it to be his rescue.
    It does save you from fall damage if you use it when you're close to hitting the ground.

I imagine it would work much like blink for a mage does. Just need to be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    Nah you seem to have got that mixed up. As a Goblin, using the boots to throw yourself to your death at high speed is using it RIGHT.
    ROFLMAO...how right you are
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Watch Hunter Disengage videos. I have seen pro hunters disengage back into the LK fight when pushed off the edge.

It has many uses. Even for stuff like PVE where you want to jump over the fire... you can. Hell I even jump over the slime in Naxx with disengage. I aint taking 50% dmg and mana for that crap. Where as with sprint... what? Going to out run trash back to the portal faster?
    Disengaging fast doesn't require skill, just fast reaction and good keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Never said it did. I was just giving some examples.

The fact that Rocket Boots prevents fall damage is the sole reason I'm reconsidering NOT rolling a Troll as usual.

Deleted
    With battlegrounds being rated goblin hunter with engineering will be extremely overpowered. Disengage, Rocket jump, Rocket boots, Parachute cloak ..or why not use your hand rocket (zapper in cataclysm?) and the rocket racial for extra burst.

Exactly. No self-respecting Goblin would use it right before hitting the ground, they'd use it to go as far as they can, as fast as they can. If you're afraid of a little falling damage, then what's the point in being a Goblin?
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigawolf1 View Post
    Exactly. No self-respecting Goblin would use it right before hitting the ground, they'd use it to go as far as they can, as fast as they can. If you're afraid of a little falling damage, then what's the point in being a Goblin?
    This is why all gnomes are engineers right?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    For some reason, I think fast reactions and good keybindings are related to skill, in some weeeeird way. But I'm not gonna be nitpicky about it

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Now how the fuck would they do that. And don't say magic. YOU CANT JUST CHANGE DIRECTION MIDAIR. GO ON. TRY IT.
    The valkirs hold you facing towards the Lich King as I recall, if this is the case, you can just use your mouse to do a quick 180 turn and have Disengage keybound, hit it real quick, and there you go. If you happen to get lucky enough to have the valk pick you up facing the edge, you can simply Disengage as soon as it lets you go, but I still recall them facing you towards the center of the room, the opposite way you'd want to be for a quick Disengage

---------- Post added 2010-08-09 at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hurrr View Post
    For some reason, I think fast reactions and good keybindings are related to skill, in some weeeeird way. But I'm not gonna be nitpicky about it
    This. You also need to know when it's better to Disengage or just to run (or rocket boot in the case of an engineer such as myslef.)

Greater words of wisdom...have never before been said...

...*sniff*
    Running away and looking like a BAMF since 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    You telling me a tank can tell where a bullet flying PAST THE SPEED of sound is going to hit?

Even then the bullet would go through and still hit the person on the other side.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_velocity

And these are modern guns.Muskets and the likes of WoW guns barelly shoot at half a Mach and if that.Besides its not about seeing the bullet,its about noticing the shooting angle.