Thread: Demo gear

Deleted

Demo gear

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lvanas&cn=Anyo

Thats my warlock and i have some gear questions.

I know i got a blue back and thats my question.
    Should i buy the one from frost emblems(i got 61 frost atm) or should i try to get the one from saurfang and farm frost until i get 95 for the hood?
    And should i try to get the spellpower trinket from PoS so i can get my abyssal rune removed? or should i use the ones i got until i can get some other trinket from icc?

You need to decide if you are gearing for personal or raid dps.
    As demo you are in an almost unique position for your potential buff, and to some extent that will determine your gearing.
    If you are gearing for raid dps, with the intent of providing Demonic Pact, then the Nevermelting Ice Crystal (if my assumption is correct) is the better choice since that is increasing your spellpower, and therefore the buff to the raid.
    Figure out your role, and gear either towards your own dps, or providing a better buff as applicable.

10+ Year Old Account
    NMIC is so terribly bad for Demonology due to the proc being essentially worthless that the loss in personal DPS wont be outweighed by any increase in raid DPS from using it ahead of Abyssal Rune. If you're looking for a replacement, you'd be hard pressed to find a raid group to find you anything short of the Dislodged Foreign Object.

The cloak from badges is alright, and such a substantial upgrade over what you have it is probably worth spending the badges on it.

Personally I am not a fan of the cloak, and I actually use a pvp one due to presence of haste as opossed to crit.
    Maybe aim for 2pc t10 instead of the cloak, running voa and hoping to get lucky in saving you a good number of those emblems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit + Crit > Resilience + Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    NMIC is so terribly bad for Demonology due to the proc being essentially worthless that the loss in personal DPS wont be outweighed by any increase in raid DPS from using it ahead of Abyssal Rune.
    NMIC is 17 rdps gain & 15 pdps loss compared to Abyssal Rune. Spreadsheets arent always right, but look at the information before making statements like this.

My view was based on the consistency really, instead of any actual numbers.
    Though glad to see it does work out that way, even if my idea didn't have any evidence behind it originally.

Deleted
    I am going for personal dps since we allready have a demolock in the raid that is raid dps gearing. (we allways have like 3-4 locks in the raid).
    I dont get any smarter of the answers :/ I am a bit confused.
    I know i need a new back but i need to know if its worth it to spend 50 frost emblems for the one from them or if i shall save my 61 that i got atm and buy the T10 headpiece. And try to get someone from icc or somewhere else. I am thinking of getting the pvp one that is giving me haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gear aside:
    If you have two demo locks in a raid, they overwrite each others demonic pact.
    He crits: Demonic Pact is applied with "Holy crap! Spell power!".
    You crit: Demonic pact is applied with "Meh Spell Power... but check out my haste!!"
    For the next 19~ seconds, the raid misses out on 10% of your spell power difference.

Might want to rethink that pDPS spec unless you grossly outgear them.

R.I.P. YARG

Dont buy the cloak, save for the helm. Enchant your gear properly. Replace black magic with 63 SP. GL!

Tbh, if there's another Demo lock in your raids, you should probably just spec affliction. Replace your leg enchant with with the SP/Spirit one, and put +81 SP on your staff. I personally wouldn't go for the cloak, and get the t10, if only because the 4p bonus is pretty awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Gear aside:
    If you have two demo locks in a raid, they overwrite each others demonic pact.
    He crits: Demonic Pact is applied with "Holy crap! Spell power!".
    You crit: Demonic pact is applied with "Meh Spell Power... but check out my haste!!"
    For the next 19~ seconds, the raid misses out on 10% of your spell power difference.

Might want to rethink that pDPS spec unless you grossly outgear them.
    I thought only the strongest buff will be buffed so that when the lowie would buff it wont becuase his sp is too low
    Read it somewhere (blue post)
    Since 1 or 2 patches

Quote Originally Posted by Rushgarroth View Post
    I thought only the strongest buff will be buffed so that when the lowie would buff it wont becuase his sp is too low
    Read it somewhere (blue post)
    Since 1 or 2 patches
    Find the Blue post plz and post it here, I dont recall seeing that

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as i know DP isn't fixed. My 500 SP DP will be overwritten by some other lock's 300 DP if he has it. I wonder how much of a dps loss is not specing DP...
    But as it's been stated... if you want pDPS and you have a Demo lock... go Affli!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    NMIC is 17 rdps gain & 15 pdps loss compared to Abyssal Rune. Spreadsheets arent always right, but look at the information before making statements like this.
    Spreadsheets are by their very nature set to show the absolute best possible outcomes; it's perfectly reasonable to expect that you wont have either that optimal raid setup in terms of numbers of casters, nor that those casters will be getting their theoretical maximums out of their gear. A net 2 dps difference either way on a spreadsheet is highly likely in real terms to be a substantial loss more than it is to be a 2dps gain.

I stand by my point that NMIC is terrible for Demonology; if it's stability you want from an easy to obtain trinket, go for the Battlemaster's 150SP trinket.

Find the Blue post plz and post it here, I dont recall seeing that
    Uhm yea... cant find it... but how can i quote post blues ?
    And yea there isnt a reason why you would like to run with 2 demo locky anyway, at least in cataclysm it'll be wayne
    then the spelldmg boni will just skale to the stats of the raid members personal spelldmg

I just showed you its not terrible compared to Abyssal Rune for demo yet you still insist on saying it? ..... standing by your point is fine! But the difference between that and Abyssal Rune is so damn close it wont matter that much which one you pick whereas your saying "NMIC is so damn terrible for demo" with your logic Abyssal Rune is so damn terrible for demo aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would aim to get all those items, order not relevant...
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|

10+ Year Old Account
    I just showed you its not terrible compared to Abyssal Rune for demo yet you still insist on saying it? ..... standing by your point is fine! But the difference between that and Abyssal Rune is so damn close it wont matter that much which one you pick whereas your saying "NMIC is so damn terrible for demo" with your logic Abyssal Rune is so damn terrible for demo aswell.
    I never suggested it was particularly good. However 'terrible' is perhaps a strong word I'll grant you, but when you look at it as an ilvl 232 PvE trinket in relation to the 245 PvP trinket and 264 healer trinket from EoF, both of which are easy to obtain and will provide similar (better) numbers, you'll see why I think it's something of a disapointment. As I say, it's also likely you will find it inferior overall to compared to the Abyssal Rune; again, further reason for my ire

Edit: Also, going back a while when I was actually using it, and ran some sims to work out whether to replace it, or Embrace of the Spider with Muradin's once I picked that up; the NMIC actually came out a lot more than 15 DPS behind Embrace for pDPS - and it's my understanding Abyssal is slighly ahead of Embrace.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-08-10 at 02:12 PM.