Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fan made Weapon for WoW:Cata for Hunters

Hey Guys/Girls,

Recently I just started to randomly draw things and well one of the things I drew was a concept for a Bow for Hunters with the Cataclysm theme. It consisted of deep sea things, so I "cleverly" named it Deep Sea Bow. (I'm so smurt... derp!)

The reason why I'm posting this, is cause I want to know if Hunters WOULD want to use it, if they like the design. Why? Cause I just want to know. I'm learning to use 3Ds Max and learning to draw and one of the many things that's important when learning to be an artist is criticism.

So, as stated above, if you are a Hunter, would you like to use a bow that looks like this? What do you like and what don't you like on the bow?

Note: The texturing for the 3D model isn't done yet, it's just the UVW map that's unwrapped at the moment. I'm learning this on the side, so I'm not on this project all the time. Not to mention, I need to learn to make textures too, Haha!

Here are quick concept drawings of the bow... Yes they are ugly, I'm an uber newbie.

And here's the 3D Model with the temporary texture on it. Like I said, this is a WIP.

So ya, hope you like it and please let me know of what you think of it

Thanks

---------- Post added 2010-08-09 at 01:12 PM ----------

Guess no one is interested

I do, of course It's a side project I'm doing while learning to 3D model, texture and draw conceptual art. Once I get some updates, I'll upload them here.

nice drawing skillz.
    perfect for sketching

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

now, while ur at it, make a new soulharvest animation

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

Just posting a quick update. I didn't have much time to work on it this past week, busy busy
    Really not much work on it, just made the fins, with alpha channel, along with the teeth.

@ Replay Glad you like it
    @ DerpderpHAMMA Thanks
    @ Rottenbeaver I would if I knew how to :P

Sign me up, I'll take one =p.
    Looks really good man. Nice work!
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    Sign me up, I'll take one =p.
    Looks really good man. Nice work!
    Hehe, Thanks

Once it's done I'll try to photoshop it into the hands of some characters to see how it looks.

I know I'm late by about a month or so... but here's a small update... I was able to fit in some work on this. To be honest, I know it's not up to par with Blizzard quality at all, but whatever I'm still learning . I just had time to do the 2 layers of "Barbed Seaweed" and the Pearls. For the Pearls, I'm still trying to figure out how to make them into 2D sprites.

Anyways, here's a pic of the latests version of the bow. Hope you guys like it! Please let me know what you think

Looks amazing man, I would definitely use it , keep up the good work. Kudos to anybody who does 3D Modeling! Maybe when your done you'd consider making some unique arrow models for this bow ,I don't know something like fish bones followed by bubbles as an effect. Something like this: http://gatortags.com/AutoXtras/image...or-&-Black.jpg .

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    Looks amazing man, I would definitely use it , keep up the good work. Kudos to anybody who does 3D Modeling! Maybe when your done you'd consider making some unique arrow models for this bow ,I don't know something like fish bones followed by bubbles as an effect. Something like this: http://gatortags.com/AutoXtras/image...or-&-Black.jpg .
    Thank you for the support
    As for the Arrows, I'll try to whip something up following your suggestions

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs to say "Mrmrmrglglgl" when proccing

Quote Originally Posted by Mutilator12 View Post
    It needs to say "Mrmrmrglglgl" when proccing
    Would definitely make it Overpowered due to the fact that your opponents will laugh their asses off and won't be able to concentrate. PvP-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see this done i for one would roll a hunter ust to use this Yes i agree it does "need to say Mrmrmrglglgl" or should have flavor text saying MRMRMRMRLGLRGLGL

Yet another update, this time it's the Shells. Both inside and outside have been textured. Hope you guys/girls like it. Please gimme feedback

Edit: Strange, only 1 pic is getting linked... I'll try to figure out how to fix this.
    Edit2: The second pic appears a few seconds later.

Still looks kick ass man. I liked the shading and whatnot for the second pic there. Really made it pop more.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    it's looking bad ass bro keep it up