Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WTB Unbeatable Boss

Now hear me out folks.

This post is supposed to make no sense and its not a suggestion cause I know it'll never happen.

So just hear me out.

They should make an outdoor raid boss that's completely undefeatable unless there's enough people there to make the server crash or something. Hugely inflated health pool, hits like a truck so that the tank can only survive for like 5 minutes if there's 15 heals spamming heals at him non-stop. Stuff like that. It'd of course be for shits and giggles and will lead to a lot of horde and alliance battles. Outdoor pvp in the boss's zone might become into an "OH LOOK, HORDE! LETS LURE HIM TO BOSS AND VANISH!"

Could make for some super fun times and stuff. It'll have no true value. Maybe if you SOMEHOW AFTER A MILLION YEARS manage to kill him, you get a few boe epic pieces that aren't all that amazing.

I've heard there's some boss already like this. Some whale shark or something. But I want a boss that's SUPPOSED to be made like that and isn't something that just hasn't been balanced yet or is enormously bugged.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    WTS thousants of thousants of galons of hardcore tears after this boss is not beated.

Why would you want that? After a while people will just avoid him. It would be Fel Reaver at 60 again...

IMO, Deathwing should patrol the twilight highlands, and just eat anyone who gets too close. He will be unbeatable w/o the help of NPCs who would be located in his raid dungeon once it is implemented.

And then this boss will be soloed in the expansion after Cata

/thread

The hype would last a month. And then people would stop going near him until the next raise in level cap to try again.

i wouldnt mind an outdoor raid boss that spawns once a week or something. that would cause an ass ton of faction vs faction pvp. make it hard to beat though, not something that takes only 5min. this way one faction can kill off the other and battle back and forth. i think it might be interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Joesgetndown View Post
    The hype would last a month. And then people would stop going near him until the next raise in level cap to try again.
    pretty much this :P

10+ Year Old Account
    they should make a boss that becomes immune to a magic school type until a new school is cast on him.

frostbolt - hit
    frostbolt - immune
    frostbolt - immune
    shadowbolt - hit
    shadowbolt - immune
    frostbolt - hit

yeah

We have all seen that if ppl cant face roll fights or qq they are too hard bliz folds like a wet noodle and beats the fight up with a nerf stick to let the short bat riders get a pity kill in on him. A boss that most servers couldnt beat or wouldnt would be awesome but its never going to happen.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2010-08-13 at 05:38 AM.

How about just an unbeatable boss in an instance?
    That will bring people together, like C'thun, everyone cried about it but they did it together
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Now hear me out folks.

This post is supposed to make no sense and its not a suggestion cause I know it'll never happen.

So just hear me out.

They should make an outdoor raid boss that's completely undefeatable unless there's enough people there to make the server crash or something. Hugely inflated health pool, hits like a truck so that the tank can only survive for like 5 minutes if there's 15 heals spamming heals at him non-stop. Stuff like that. It'd of course be for shits and giggles and will lead to a lot of horde and alliance battles. Outdoor pvp in the boss's zone might become into an "OH LOOK, HORDE! LETS LURE HIM TO BOSS AND VANISH!"

Could make for some super fun times and stuff. It'll have no true value. Maybe if you SOMEHOW AFTER A MILLION YEARS manage to kill him, you get a few boe epic pieces that aren't all that amazing.

I've heard there's some boss already like this. Some whale shark or something. But I want a boss that's SUPPOSED to be made like that and isn't something that just hasn't been balanced yet or is enormously bugged.
    His name is the whale shark...he one shots people and his fight is underwater, making metigation near impossible

Doomlord Kazzak returns. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Doomlord Kazzak returns. /thread

A new world raid boss would be great but Kazzak come on he was a joke and the only reason to do him was to farm his ah foder boes

Quote Originally Posted by Matran View Post
    His name is the whale shark...he one shots people and his fight is underwater, making metigation near impossible
    Yeah I was gunna say, isn't the whale shark unbeatable? Plus there's like more than one of them too.

Go make a private server and edit mob stats or something. Would be pointless, and not enjoyable, as you astutely point out anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    WTS thousants of thousants of galons of hardcore tears after this boss is not beated.
    WTS more scrub tears to make wow even easier.

What if there was an outdoor boss that spawns two maybe 3 times a week and drops some super awesome mount or vanity item or something.

And he always spawn in a different location so no camping one spot.

I am all for an unbeatable boss in cataclysm as long as it meets these demands :

1.It must be Hogger

2.He must be 50+ feet tall

3.He must not be beatable untill the final expansion in which only the best guild of best geared and skilled level 100s could beat him after weeks of agonizing attempts

4.His drop : A coupon entitling you to a refund of all the real money you ever spent on world of warcraft plus a prepaid credit card with $1,000 on it & a box of "EmergenC" to antioxidize yourself to make up for the years it took you in life to train and then down hogger this all for every member!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just the word "unbeatable" would make me ignore him and go on with my playing as normal