Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified View Post
    Ah crap, the end of the MMO report seriously made me laugh.
    Haha same they really should of ended on the inception bit instead of cutting to bloopers.

"Why can't tanks do competitive damage in PvP?"

Are people on smack when they post such shite? I've seen tanks top the dmg done in bg's TONS of times and whenever I've watched live arena that had a prot warrior they did around about the same but sometimes MORE damage than the pure dps classes, I remember seeing Enforcer (old SK rogue) going on a prot war and he did the most damage out of EVERYONE in that 3v3, so when people say prot dmg sucks in PVP I ask myself, what the fuck are they smoking?

There were a few tanks at the recent LAN event in Germany if someone can, go check the stats and see how they compared to proper dps classes.

Deleted
    To constantly see DLC and Teh Gladiator side by side feel kinda wrong.
    While DLC is always funny, inventive and effective, the only reason why I still click on Teh Gladiators is to see how low, banal and unsuccesful are its attempts to be original and funny...

Whole shove thing in DLC is a major miss imo. Hope they move on soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    Did you even read what you quoted?

And it wasn't a poll in the EU forums, it was a survey you could fill in that included the question. So before you tell someone they are wrong: a) Read what you are dismissing; b) Get your facts correct.

mommy dont hurt me

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    To constantly see DLC and Teh Gladiator side by side feel kinda wrong.
    While DLC is always funny, inventive and effective, the only reason why I still click on Teh Gladiators is to see how low, banal and unsuccesful are its attempts to be original and funny...

Teh Gladiators has 'never' been good. DLC's the only good one out there, but as someone else said, I think they should drop the shove thing now.

By the way, it seems a few people aren't up to date with trolls The warlock option for Trolls has been known for quite some time now.

I swear thats one of the best DLC's that they've ever put out; had me laughing for a few minutes straight once I saw the last panel

I've never really liked DLC...but that was easily the best I've seen on here. I actually laughed at it.

Digging the character backgrounds.

Deleted
    DLC is so win and so true

"Yay! Its a nice evening to do some raids!"
    After a sec
    "Crap, no one plays in guilds and pugs suck >.>"

Deleted
    DLC wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Protection
    Paladins were always the "Block first, ask questions later" tank class of TBC and Wrath. Yes warriors use shields too, but Holy Shield made us block far more than the other guy.
    We're just not happy with the way Prot paladins have been playing in Lich King. If you've followed these forums for some time that should come as no surprise. It's difficult to do that without breaking some eggs / butchering some sacred cows / insert your own metaphor here. Now we don't want to lose what it is that attracted you to the class in the first place, but we do need some space to come up with something we think is fun. (Source)

Holy Power as a mechanic is far from a polished entity.
    I would agree. It just went in a few weeks ago. But we have plenty of time before we ship. (Source)

TLDR: 1) Please rethink the Holy Power = Mitigation philosophy and work it into Holy Power = Burst Threat philosophy.
    The problem with this is that survival tends to trump threat concerns for tanks much of the time, and that's a totally logical response to have given the encounters you're asked to tank. While there are some fights where burst threat matters, there are plenty that don't. Almost every fight involves the tank staying alive however. We didn't want to introduce this new mechanic which was supposed to add some interest to all three paladin trees, and then have Prot paladins fall back on just mashing buttons on cooldown the way they play today, at least on the fights where threat wasn't tight. (Source)
    Well for one, I just hope they remember the difference between breaking a few eggs and dropping a 15-megaton payload on the coop.

And I kinda have to agree with the last guy. I've said it before, I don't think anyone will take the opportunity to use Word of Glory to heal themselves and put up a shield over Shield of Righteousness to do damage and get 15% block given the opportunity to choose. I'm not saying it doesn't have it's uses, just saying that currently it's a bit lackluster when compared to others.

With all of the absorption mechanics flying around today you might not know whether or not that Word of Glory would have absorbed the damage instead of another shield. I mean, you have the Holy Paladin Mastery, Sacred Shield, everything the priests do, and most of those will probably be a stronger shield than your Word of Glory shield. And as for being nearly dead and using it to save yourself, I don't think healers should be that mana starved that you need to heal yourself to survive unless it's the end of the fight and the guy's going down whether you live or die. And even if the guy isn't going down, it's probably a better idea to hit something like shield wall or our new gumpy last stand. And if you don't have those because you used them already to save yourself, you can't win this fight. Try again later.

Also, I don't think Prot paladins will ever get too far from just mashing buttons on cooldown. There doesn't appear to be a talent that generates Holy Power only some of the time (At least for now), so it would be pretty simple to calculate how long it takes to get 3 and weave that into the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    It also makes hunters now more like casters than .... hunters. I HATE the new focus thing because 75% of the time I am "casting" steady shot. Why didn't they just make aspect of the viper part of hawk instead, or something like they did with enhancement shaman. I have to say, this is the worst part of cataclysm by far, especially as ive played hunter for so long.
    Yes, god forbid your class be balanced in PvP because you suddenly have to think about what you are using instead of spamming all of your abilities as quickly as possible. They will be just fine in PvE.

its a little bit offtopic but i just wondered, as i see, racials are same. so still there is no new racials or did i miss something? is there any news about that?

Deleted

this

Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    Good nice to see gnomes and trolls get their own screens now.
    its a minor thing but its always bothered me for them not to have one. especially since troll architecture is cool. good so see their own shiny new screen.

Oh noes ! Casey didn't like poutine /sad

Why can't tanks do competitive damage in PvP?
    Because of common sense. Why do we have to waste time on stupid questions ? Why should tanks with crazy high survivability do the same damage as dps spec with shitty survivability.

Jeez, the troll character selection screen made me realize that trolls are now the only race that has access to every class excepted one :d

"Feedback like that is useful to a point, but understand that your feedback will be more valuable if it does align with our goals. "

In other words: If you agree with US we are going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaice View Post
    Jeez, the troll character selection screen made me realize that trolls are now the only race that has access to every class excepted one :d
    Dwarfs too.