Warrior Talent: Blitz

I have followed each iteration of builds for Cataclysm Talents, and have noticed Blitz and how it never makes it into any spec I consider for Arms PVP. It seems that this talent would be one of those "I might take this one just for lols!". I understand that BG's are going to be much bigger now (and I myself intend to BG rather than Arena, as finding 9 meat shields is much easier than 2 proficient and skilled players). Anyway, I was thinking about how Blizzard were attempting to make all talents attractive so that choice was more "hmm which would I prefer" than "cookie cutter". Blitz's "stun an additional 2 nearby targets" while fun in the situation it happens no doubt - it requires that situation, speccing to situations that rarely occur like that and then trying to weigh the benefit (am I gonna Bladestorm after? probably not) of them to the overall picture. Stunning 3 targets for 1.5 seconds is not going to do a great deal unless I know it interrupts an important cast from 2 targets standing together (again, really situational).

What I was musing over instead was "Your charge ability generates an additional 5/10 rage, and has a 25/50% chance of applying the Hamstring effect". This is a stab at helping the issue with jumping charges (latency) and with making the talent more attractive so that it is a choice vs others. I do see choices made in the last 5-10 talents and this is where one might choose "Do I want 5% increased damage after a pummel?" "Do I want reduced cooldown on colossus strike?" "Do I want reduced cost on shouts and hs?" "Do I want a chance to apply hamstring after charging automatically?".

I was wondering if anyone had also noticed this talent and how Blizzard have tried to improve its appeal with each iteration? Has anyone else looked at any talents in any of their builds and thought how they might be better (while being balanced) ?

Deleted
    Yes, it's rather pointless at the minute. The merit of charge is rarely the stun, and I've never found myself in a situation where I thought "I'm going to charge this guy, he has 2 other guys near him, wouldn't it be cool if I could stun them for 1.5 seconds too?"

I think they've said they're trying to rework Charge to be more "iconic" to the warrior class and they've went some way of doing that in late WotLK, but this doesn't help. An idea I've seen them mention is simply increasing the damage of charge, and increasing it further depending on how far you charged, which is a nice touch.

Also, this is not the warrior forum.

Ahhh, fuck this; the browser crashed and I had a nice long post I was going to add. :/ Oh well

I wish I could [TL : DR] it, but it had a lot of stuff. I guess in short:

I think Blitz is meant to be one of those Utility talents that they will be adding more of lately so you'll be choosing between things like, say... Blitz vs. Safeguard kind of deal.

Neither are super useful and both are situational; you just choose which one you'd rather enjoy kind of deal.

You like charging? Go improve your charge! More Initial rage and AoE stun!, or maybe you want your pocket healer to be a bit more durable, then pick up some safeguard! So that squishy is a little less, well, squishy!

Edit: Wait, charge did damage? o.0? (I'm not actually being sarcastic, I didn't think it did damage, lol)
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-08-09 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram View Post
    An idea I've seen them mention is simply increasing the damage of charge, and increasing it further depending on how far you charged, which is a nice touch.
    Pff, they could increase charge damage a hundredfold and it'd still be nothing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The extra rage on a charge is nice, and might become more attractive if Blizzard goes through with further normalisation of rage by removing extra rage on a crit. Stunning additional targets is just a cheap gimmick that is nice and all, but will rarely matter and no one will pick the talent for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram View Post
    Yes, it's rather pointless at the minute. The merit of charge is rarely the stun, and I've never found myself in a situation where I thought "I'm going to charge this guy, he has 2 other guys near him, wouldn't it be cool if I could stun them for 1.5 seconds too?"

I think they've said they're trying to rework Charge to be more "iconic" to the warrior class and they've went some way of doing that in late WotLK, but this doesn't help. An idea I've seen them mention is simply increasing the damage of charge, and increasing it further depending on how far you charged, which is a nice touch.

Also, this is not the warrior forum.
    No but it is the Cataclysm forums :P

Zookz25, while I concur unfortunately "Safeguard" is not one of the options to choose from, the other options are vastly superior for PVP - one being Field dressing, 10% increased self healing and 6% increased healing, and one is a damage increase to heroic strike, victory rush and slam. By the number of points it would seem the choice is between field dressing and charge (and thats quite an easy choice).

This is what I have at the moment, and per build the setup is similar, there is no time where a talent is not better. Beta is Beta but, the charge talent is still lackluster. Definitely seems like filler, which is all good because the other talents are all brilliant, but it would be nice if the choice was there >
    beta warrior arms talent build (wowtal)