Thread: Bloom in Cata?

Question Bloom in Cata?

So I just looked at the screen shot of the Troll log in screen, and it looks like there is bloom effects. I am just wondering if this is only the log in screen, or if Blizzard added bloom to the game? (Or maybe the guy who took the SS had the WoW HD mod that enables bloom?)

Last edited by SensenmanN; 2010-08-09 at 02:52 PM.

I'm pretty sure that effect has been in the game since start, just log in and look into the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW always had bloom, it just wasn't very visable.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Oww...my eyes... But I think blizzard had a form of bloom in the game to be honest, but so far in cata, the engine was improved (like on everything else).
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    When You look at the sun or in a brightly lit area your eyes see it as an immense light which becomes less brutal as your eyes ajust to it.

Bloom lighting was something introduced with Dx10 if i remmber rightly. and its an effect where lights soften after a second of looking at it WoW does not have it, This just looks like a constant bright light to me which is not the same thing, Gears of War is a good example if you want to see bloom lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphis View Post
    When You look at the sun or in a brightly lit area your eyes see it as an immense light which becomes less brutal as your eyes ajust to it.

Bloom lighting was something introduced with Dx10 if i remmber rightly. and its an effect where lights soften after a second of looking at it WoW does not have it, This just looks like a constant bright light to me which is not the same thing, Gears of War is a good example if you want to see bloom lighting.
    That's not bloom lighting. That's HDR. The two are not to be confused.

Also, HDR has been around since DX9.