Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question TaJ upgrade even at hit cap?

So I have had normal tiny abom for a while now, and before that I was using WFS normal/DC normal and was just above hit cap without TaJ. My question is, is TaJ still an upgrade over WFS if every bit of hit rating on the trinket is basically useless? A respectable ret told me that it was better a long time ago and I had just always went with it and just now decided to see if it is truley correct. I haven't raided in 4 months and don't have any options for dropping the gear I have for hitless pieces so that is out of the question. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Link your armory

Its still an upgrade, but find a way to replace some of your other hit gear. Tiny abom with seal of corruption is sexy as hell. 4 motes in one swing. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ow&cn=N%C3%B9g
    In pvp gear right now and at work so can't do anything about it. Why would you need to see it anyways? All I'm asking is whether it's better than WFS even if I'm hit capped, I don't see how that has anything to do with my other gear.

/sigh

Yes. Even if you use 0 of the hit it is better than WFS

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    /sigh

Yes. Even if you use 0 of the hit it is better than WFS
    /sigh

Sorry my stat weighing isn't as good as your's, all superior god like being.

As has already been stated, Tiny Abom in a Jar is an upgrade even if you are already over the hit cap. It is the #1 ret trinket because of the proc. The Hit Rating is just icing on the cake.

There ya go. The only trinket missing from the top of that list is H: Death's Choice. You can clearly see how much Tiny Abom trumps every other trinket under the sun.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-08-09 at 08:31 PM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach View Post
    Its still an upgrade, but find a way to replace some of your other hit gear. Tiny abom with seal of corruption is sexy as hell. 4 motes in one swing. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    As has already been stated, Tiny Abom in a Jar is an upgrade even if you are already over the hit cap. It is the #1 ret trinket because of the proc. The Hit Rating is just icing on the cake.

Awesome, thanks both of you for the answers, and being nice about it. Was gonna be embarrassd if I had been wearing the wrong trinket for the last 5 months.

Deleted
    the proc for ret is magnificent, but not for the same reasons as enh or rogues:

for rogues, the main part of it is that it procs off poisons, the attack procs poisons and energy gains, you get increased uptime on weapon buffs and (i might be wrong here) if procced from a sword or axe, it can proc H&S (an extra attack).
    for enhancement, it procs of weapon imbues and static shock and the extra attack can proc your weapon imbues, static shock, maelstrom and flurry on crits. i also don't think the proc eats flurry charges itself.
    for both classes, the hit on the trinket also means you have less issues with the crit cap, since you can get about 2-3% extra crit (worth about 150 AGI or 240 crit rating).

for ret, the proc is great because we proc it really often (like one proc every 3-4 seconds), the attack procs a seal hit and berserking, and (might be mistaken here) can proc bryntroll and shadowmourne. at least, shadowmourne can be procced from the seal hit.

Exemplar from Elitist Jerks said it better than I ever could have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exemplar @ http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-retribution_updated_3_3_a/p69/
    New un-provisional recommendation: kill other guild members for this item, even if already at hit cap.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-08-09 at 08:54 PM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Exemplar from Elitist Jerks said it better than I ever could have.
    i wouldnt say it better then that.. or maybe
    like Achmed once said: I KILL YOU if you take my jar!

wait a sec there is more then 4 boss in icc?

Little off topic, but this is going to be one of the absolutely best things about the reforging system. It will be nice to be able to dump useless hit for other stats.

---------- Post added 2010-08-09 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
    i wouldnt say it better then that.. or maybe
    like Achmed once said: I KILL YOU if you take my jar!

wait a sec there is more then 4 boss in icc?
    Yup, apparently there are 12 of em. However, making digs at those not lucky enough to play on server where they can actually join a guild that doesn't use mouth breathers to prop their numbers because they have no other choice at this point in time is just mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Little off topic, but this is going to be one of the absolutely best things about the reforging system. It will be nice to be able to dump useless hit for other stats.

---------- Post added 2010-08-09 at 10:19 PM ----------

Yup, apparently there are 12 of em. However, making digs at those not lucky enough to play on server where they can actually join a guild that doesn't use mouth breathers to prop their numbers because they have no other choice at this point in time is just mean.
    I'm not terribly looking forward to it because its just going to be another thing top end raiders have to min max.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm not terribly looking forward to it because its just going to be another thing top end raiders have to min max.
    But at the same time it will solve a lot of gear problems.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    for ret, the proc is great because we proc it really often (like one proc every 3-4 seconds)
    more like 2-3 procs per gcd...

edit: nevermind, guess you were talking about the actual extra white swing.
    i was thinking about charges.
    Last edited by Skollvaldr; 2010-08-10 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    more like 2-3 procs per gcd...

edit: nevermind, guess you were talking about the actual extra white swing.
    i was thinking about charges.
    I think nzall means hitting the required number of motes for the extra attack

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    I think nzall means hitting the required number of motes for the extra attack
    thus my edit...

I don't see it as really being any more work than there is now. It will be a significant gold drain, but that's probably for the best anyways.
    All it really does is provide something like a "wild card" stat to every item, where the wild card is whatever is most valuable for you, provided it isn't on the item already.

So, what this means is that itemization is going to be a ton easier to deal with. There have been times in LK where you could run into this or that item and just think "Damnit, more <Stat X>? It's on everything! How am I supposed to stack <Stat Y>??" Reforging is the answer to that.

Generally this will be most helpful for melee, because melee have two (three on live) caps to work around. However, hunters/casters can still work around their hit requirements very easily.

It will actually be very nice for leather/mail users. Both types have a problem with hit gearing in that rogues/hance dual-wield/have spell damage and thus can benefit from excess hit. However, their gear partners: cats, hunters, and bears don't need anywhere near as much hit. So, if Blizz overloads us with hit, we can work around it, and vice versa (if they under..load.... ;x).

But there shouldn't be a lot of "min-maxing" going on, except that I guess you might need to choose whether this item or that item gets you closer to a cap.

What's bad about that?

yes. the hit isnt what you want.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin