Thread: fake or real?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

fake or real?

So my case is, I need to verify this email which is sent from address wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com.

It said earlier that my account had been logged in 5th of this month even though it had no game time, so I think it's fake (Account cant be logged in without game time I'm sure you know this.) I can log my account fine in eu.battle.net if that's any help.

Email below:
    http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5828/fakeox.jpg

Yes, it is safe if you consider any imageshack file safe. You don't have to open it.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account

"They're real, and they're spectacular!" Sorry if you didn't get the reference :P

What were we talking about again?

as fake as my love towards flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post

"They're real, and they're spectacular!" Sorry if you didn't get the reference :P

Bout as fake as Gaga

Sorry - needed to be done

I guess you were right, Epsynus. Hovering over the address reveals internet address which is some random mumble jumble.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7910/fake2.jpg
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

It's fake, almost fell for it myself .

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    Bout as fake as Gaga

Sorry - needed to be done
    Judging that they are real and spectacular, I shall take that as a complement (for her).

Judging that they are real and spectacular, I shall take that as a complement (for her).

Unfortunately you're not helping her image at all, in fact you're making her even worse in my eyes than she already is...

nice try tho.

don't get issues and rage!

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that we've figured it's fake, the next question is, why is the OP still using Vista? :O

Deleted

Seinfeld

I wish there was some way blizz can fix this, they are starting to get smarter with fake emails and it's pissing me off. just look at this it looks pretty real but it's fake blizz needs to do something i dunno what but something maybe some kid of email back ground that only they can send and really hard to fake?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I wish there was some way blizz can fix this, they are starting to get smarter with fake emails and it's pissing me off. just look at this it looks pretty real but it's fake blizz needs to do something i dunno what but something maybe some kid of email back ground that only they can send and really hard to fake?
    No,you need to get smarter. And get an authenticator.

You really really gotta be a buffoon to be fooled by any of these emails.

I'm seriously considering compiling a thread to end all threads like these, it's getting tiring seeing people ask the same bloody question so often even though it's painfully obvious everything is fake.

Seinfeld!!!!!! Series finale too if I remember correctly

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Now that we've figured it's fake, the next question is, why is the OP still using Vista? :O
    I'm doing it aswell :< Cba download windows 7! But on the other hand.. vista is really bad..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    After 6 years, we've finally collected enough of their scales to have a full set of Murloc scaled armor.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    the best way to see if an email is fake(with firefox), is simply hover your mouse over the link, and it'll display the true address in the bottom left corner.

i had a similar email this morning, it was fake.
    Paper is fine, nerf Rock. ~Scissors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    Unfortunately you're not helping her image at all, in fact you're making her even worse in my eyes than she already is...

nice try tho.

don't get issues and rage!
    IDK how posting an image somehow transitioned into me making you lose appreciation for lady gaga... I have her as my sig/avatar because she is one of my interests and I have no intention to hide it. As long as you respect her talent then I couldn't care less if you hate her music. I tried to obey your wishes and held back as much rage as possible.

Good day to you sir.

I have gotten that email repeatedly for months. Along with others. It is BULLSHIT.

I strongly advice you NOT to click the link (in the email) unless you want to get keylogged.

Edit: Offtopic:

As long as you respect her talent
    I don't even acknowledge her talent.
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post

It said earlier that my account had been logged in 5th of this month even though it had no game time.
    Would it make sense that someone logged into your deactivated account? Forgive me if I sound rude...but...yeah

EDIT: Also Gaga hate is off topic. Don't care if you like her, don't care if you hate her - she isn't the reason we are all here in this topic.
    Last edited by Curulin; 2010-08-10 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noldi View Post

I don't even acknowledge her talent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QmE48y-_V4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HvURBhMGE&feature=av2e

Yup no talent. I'm not gonna reply to any more comments regarding Lady GaGa on this thread, this is not the place.

15+ Year Old Account
    First, don't post about blizzard emails here -- see the sticky. They're most likely fake, but the official forums are the place to ask if you really want to know. Second, there's no reason to be fighting about musical tastes; I encourage you to take (constructive) comments/criticism to the music boards.