10+ Year Old Account

Character Bio - Gum'kron

Name: Gum'kron

Race: Two-headed Ogre

Character Class: Formerly Mage/Warlock. Now a Monk

Allignment: True Neutral.

Trade Skills/Sources of Income: Gum has worked as a Magician and Mercenary though his twin head, Kron opposes violence. In act of love towards his slow-witted friend, Gum has forsaken the life of a sell-sword and has taken Krom to see the world, even letting him care for a rabbit named Gnomebane. A task that he very much enjoys.

Appearance: Gum'kron is a large two-headed ogre. He has the average traits of an Ogre. The only difference is his second head, Kron lacks a horn and has a hazy look in his eyes. Unlike Kron, the second head, Gum has sharp eyes and a well-trimmed beard. Gum'kron wears an old leather vest and a baggy leather kilt. He carries a large pack on his right shoulder containing various magical items and scrolls. His left shoulder has a much smaller pack belonging to Kron containing a single book with a few fairytales and a scrapbook containing Kron's sketches. He has a largeleather pouch on his tunic that serves as a sort of mobile home for Gnomebane. Due to Kron's incapability of being much of an asset when doing anything physical, he only controls the left arm, whereas Gum controls the rest of the body.

Gum's Personality: A ruthless killer and skilled Magic-user in his past, Gum has given up all harmful arcane and fel magics in favor of the path of a monk. He is cunning and incredibly intelligent, the complete opposite of his twin head, Kron. Although generally bitter to other races such as the Orcs and humans, Gum's attitude changes towards his "brother" Krom. He becomes very kind and patient, often stopping and letting Krom smell flowers or look at butterflies they pass. He helps Kron fall asleep at night by reading him stories from an old, weathered children's book they found years ago. Krom often forgets the stories only days after being read them so Gum never bothers buying any others.

Kron's Personality: Kron is Gum's mentally disabled twin head. He is not very good at talking or fighting, which is partly why his brother, Gum does all the fighting and chose to study magic rather than standard Ogre combat training. Kron also has a bad memory, often misplacing objects. Gum keeps tabs of all his belongings for Kron. Kron is also the owner of Gnomebane, a magical, color-changing Rabbit. This is obviously only a story made up by Gum. Kron has a bad habit of accidentally killing his rabbits. When he does so, Gum reassures him that "Gnomebane took a nap" as he can't bear to see his brother cry. Gum then waits for Kron to fall asleep so he can catch him a new rabbit, often a different breed, hence the color-changing. Otherwise, Kron is very creative often pointing out far-fetched solutions in tough situations which end up working...most of the time. He enjoys drawing and adores eating honey .

Backstory: Gum'kron was born into the Hammerfist Ogre Clan in Outland any years before the First War. He was viewed as a freak as he had two heads rather than one(this was before Gul'dan created the two-headed ogres). He had an even more difficult time earning his place as his second head had a mental disability which was evident even among ogres(it's that bad, yes).

Still, the first head, Gum used this as motivation and eventually managed to become the Clan's Witch Doctor. Gum'kron lived a relatively peaceful life until their Clan was enslaved by Blackhand's Horde. The orcs took the Hammerfist and many other ogres with them through the Dark Portal.

One day, before a battle, Gum overheard a few orc generals planning to send the ogres of his clan on the front lines. Fearing for his life Gum'kron fled with a number of other ogres far from the Black Morass. He later heard that his clan had been decimated by Human knights and was glad of his decision. They eventually made it to the Deamines and there Gum'kron became their leader.

He began planning a way to get some leverage. A scout told him of a Human General that was passing through Westfall into the mines, his motivations were unclear. Gum'kron set up an ambush and by the end of the day, he had captured the legendary Anduin Lothar. By this time a number of other ogres had run away and found refuge within the mines, more notably the Ogre Turok and his Orc lover, Griselda, the daughter of Blackhand.

After nearly 2 years, Gum'kron's scouts told him that a large human force was advancing towards the Deadmines. Once again fearing for his well-being but mainly for Kron's life, Gum escaped a second time, letting the ogres of the Deadmines be slaughtered by the Humans and later on, be eradicated by the Horde. He spent the next couple decades wandering the countryside, refining his magic and tending to his twin-head Kron.

It was only until the Third War broke out that anything meaningful happened. He was venturing through the Hillsbrad Foothills when he learned of a visionnary, young warchief named Thrall. This Orc was nothing like his predecessors and was full of compassion and love. He wished to find a fresh start for his kin as did Gum'kron for himself. The orge-mage paid a visit to Thrall before he left and asked if he could come along. Thrall was touched by his selflessness towards his brother and let him onboard. During the voyage, Gum'kron served as a Maintenance Man, repairing many of the larger pieces of the ship too encumbering for the orcs to handle.

When Thrall's ships crashed onto the shores of Kalimdor, Gum left them and went to fulfill his promise to show the world to his brother. Free of any Human or Orc threat, Gum'kron voyaged into the heart of Kalimdor, meeting and befriending many of the indigenous creatures. They eventually came across a dead gnome and his broken flying machine. A rabbit was happily hopping about foraging for food. Kron had thought that the rabbit had killed the gnome and told Gum that "a strong rabbit like this can protect us". This was the first of a long line of Gnomebane's.

The few years after that mainly consisted of Gum taking various jobs as a mercenary or bodyguard much to the disgust of Kron who was tired of all the killing. Gum had secretly been saving up to buy them a piece of land far from any of the other races. Kalimdor was becoming more and more populated by all of the problems that Gum'kron had sought to escape.

Gum has since stopped taking dirty jobs and now follows the path of a Monk but is still saving up for a piece of land. He is working as a wandering Magician entertaining children and Kron alike all across Azeroth.

((I hope you liked my character. As you may or may not have noticed, he is based off the characters from John Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men" which is one of my favorite non-fiction books. I kind of stole "Gnomebane" from one of TB's Worgen videos. I for one find Kron adorable and am eager to roleplay both of them.))
    Last edited by bajerman; 2010-08-11 at 05:01 PM. Reason: refinement and slight change to the story

"I want to tend the rabbits, Geo-- I mean, Gum!" "N' live off the fatta the lan'!"

Really well written, I hope I get to RP with you at some stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    ty

I like what you are basing the character off of, but I do have a question. Who controls the body? Does Gum control it and Kron is just a head or can they both control certain parts? I also hope that this does not end like Of Mice and Men.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, no ones getting their heads shot off. Also, I thought I mentioned it in my description but in case I didn't: Gum (right head) has control of the right arm and entire body. Kron (left head) just controls the left arm.

Also, I modified Gum a bit. He was formerly a mage/warlock but has left that path to follow that of a monk, wandering the land.

Ogres themselves aren't very true neutral. Ogres are usually with clans, or factions, and usually aren't, errr, helpful.

EDIT: Also, there was no such disease of two heads before Gul'dan, so perhaps you could look into that. He would work, but entertaining kids? He needs to be kept in check by a Gnome, preferably one named Silas.
    Last edited by Garots; 2010-08-11 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, I want him to be venerable, but I can't make him a 2-headed ogre and old, because Gul'dan only started making them during the Second War.

There were a few accounts of very smart 2-headed ogres on Draenor before Gul'dan forced their creation if I remember well. Cho'gall is one of those I believe. I guess I could make him one of those but I'll have to change his story a bit.

As for being compassionate, note that unlike most 2-headed ogres, Gum'kron has 1 incredibly intelligent head and one that's a complete moron(even more so than regular ogres). Perhaps that super boost in intellect lets him see past what other ogres can.

Well, we'll see how he works in roleplays, seeing as not every situation will invite a super-ogre
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, hes not super op or anything. Gum is pretty gentle and Kron is like a 2 year old. Gum just happens to be very wise and smart

Yeah, I just wanted to say super-ogre

But really, not every situation calls for an Ogre to accompany them.
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    true but wtv. He's more of a character I made for myself more than anything else. So its cool...