Current BM PvE rotation

FORGOT TO PUT IN THE TITLE THIS IS TALKING ABOUT CATA BETA

Am I right in thinking that the current beta rotation will be:

Bestial Wrath > Rapid Fire > Serpent Sting > Scorpid Venom (if no sunder) > Kill Command spam (till focus starved) > Cobra Shot Spam (till almost full focus) > Kill Command spam etc. (with BW used on CD and Focus Fire used when BW isn't up on CD)

This seems too simple but the damage capabilities are looking good for BM...I can see that we might see the problem that DK's currently face where if they aren't using their runes on CD they are losing DPS...ie. if we have low focus and we aren't using Cobra Shot then we are losing future DPS

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by funnyb0nes; 2010-08-10 at 02:46 AM.
    b0nez

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me go check my beta, oh wait.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it turns out this easy, and ends up being faceroll, forget fun specs.

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb0nes View Post
    FORGOT TO PUT IN THE TITLE THIS IS TALKING ABOUT CATA BETA

Am I right in thinking that the current beta rotation will be:

Bestial Wrath > Rapid Fire > Serpent Sting > Scorpid Venom (if no sunder) > Kill Command spam (till focus starved) > Cobra Shot Spam (till almost full focus) > Kill Command spam etc. (with BW used on CD and Focus Fire used when BW isn't up on CD)

This seems too simple but the damage capabilities are looking good for BM...I can see that we might see the problem that DK's currently face where if they aren't using their runes on CD they are losing DPS...ie. if we have low focus and we aren't using Cobra Shot then we are losing future DPS

Any thoughts?
    Thoughts?

1. If you're a hunter and using/will be using ANY sort of rotation, you're bad.
    2. This is early beta. By the time release comes, abilities, talents, specs, etc will all be drastically different from what they are now. Stop trying to draw conclusions before then.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Thoughts?

1. If you're a hunter and using/will be using ANY sort of rotation, you're bad.
    2. This is early beta. By the time release comes, abilities, talents, specs, etc will all be drastically different from what they are now. Stop trying to draw conclusions before then.
    Having no rotation was with mana.

The Hunter Talents and specs are VERY finished. There might be tweaks but noting more drastic than 3.1 and that was on LIVE. If you want people to stop theory crafting because nothing is set in stone then you are playing the wrong game.

Classes change almost every patch even on LIVE servers. The beta is being changed but then again so is live. I have spent thousands of gold respecing just because blizz altered a stat or spec.

I recommend you be kinder to people who find the aspect of pre-working the specs and class because EVERYONE does it on live as well.

Before 3.1 came out I was already respeced to MM. Before 3.2 came out I was already respeced SV. Now, before 4.0 comes out I am already lvling a devilsaur.

This is not Modern Warfare 2 where a patch is almost NEVER released and the game is never even remotely balanced.

Please, leave the intelligent forward thinking people alone. Rude comments like yours just waste up space on servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post

The Hunter Talents and specs are VERY finished. There might be tweaks but noting more drastic than 3.1 and that was on LIVE. If you want people to stop theory crafting because nothing is set in stone then you are playing the wrong game.
    uh, no.

Hunters are very rough on beta atm. Most of those 'VERY' finished talents do not work. rofl.

Ok now in talk about a hunter 'rotation' atm KC is the highest DPF ability, which is also on it's own GDC, so you just have KC binded with cobra. and spam away, ...then using other abilities such as focus fire etc on CDs etc. It's very simple, however it is hard to tell BMs full damage potential till a lot of the talents actually work.

There is also the ability to get imp steady shot in a BM build (15% haste after casting 2 steady shots in a row) Which would mean you would cast 2 cobra's and then 2 steady shots, basically alternating them to keep up the haste. However now sure whether this or 3% damage increase is better for BM yet.

But all in all, it is very rough in beta atm. Masteries do not work, Pets are way underpowered atm. Much of the hunter talents are NYI. Just give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post
    uh, no.

Hunters are very rough on beta atm. Most of those 'VERY' finished talents do not work. rofl.

Ok now in talk about a hunter 'rotation' atm KC is the highest DPF ability, which is also on it's own GDC, so you just have KC binded with cobra. and spam away, ...then using other abilities such as focus fire etc on CDs etc. It's very simple, however it is hard to tell BMs full damage potential till a lot of the talents actually work.

There is also the ability to get imp steady shot in a BM build (15% haste after casting 2 steady shots in a row) Which would mean you would cast 2 cobra's and then 2 steady shots, basically alternating them to keep up the haste. However now sure whether this or 3% damage increase is better for BM yet.

But all in all, it is very rough in beta atm. Masteries do not work, Pets are way underpowered atm. Much of the hunter talents are NYI. Just give it time.
    They dont have to work to know how they will play out in the future.

inb4 they change the trees around again

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly View Post
    inb4 they change the trees around again
    Lol no doubt.

Classes change almost every patch even on LIVE servers. The beta is being changed but then again so is live. I have spent thousands of gold respecing just because blizz altered a stat or spec.

I recommend you be kinder to people who find the aspect of pre-working the specs and class because EVERYONE does it on live as well.

Before 3.1 came out I was already respeced to MM. Before 3.2 came out I was already respeced SV. Now, before 4.0 comes out I am already lvling a devilsaur.

This is not Modern Warfare 2 where a patch is almost NEVER released and the game is never even remotely balanced.

Please, leave the intelligent forward thinking people alone. Rude comments like yours just waste up space on servers.
    Talents are very finished? Are you smoking crack? They're no where near balanced and they won't be for a long time. LET ALONE THE FACT THAT PETS HAVEN'T BEEN TOUCHED YET.

No, I'm sorry, developing "top bm hunter rotations" is useless right now.

I suppose you have just never played during an expansion transition. Either that, or you're just a very misinformed player, considering the statement you made in another thread about how "hunters aren't worth playing in battlegrounds because they get owned too hard".
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    "hunters aren't worth playing in battlegrounds because they get owned too hard".
    How are they unbalanced?
    Also, I was being sarcastic in that thread. Nor did I actually say that word for word. So do not quote what I didn't actually say.

Pets don't even need to be touched. What could Blizz possibly do to their talents to mess them up?

Also, if the Hunter talents are far from finished, then why the fuck would blizzard even put it out. They dont put shit into patches they dont like. It is all a matter of balancing things out.

Also, top BM rotations are slammed down to abilities that come for just lvling. What the fuck could you do to mess it up? Spam Kill Command more? Stop thinking that hunter specs and rotations are rocket science. It is really straight forward after blizz reduced them.

Also Balanced≠finished. BM was no where near "balanced" in WotLK yet it when to live. Honestly I think you have to be really blind to not realize how inbalanced the classes and specs are on LIVE.

I see Boomkins running in to a group of people with starfall up and decimate everyone if they arnt bursted before they get in range. I see Spriests killing people in full pvp gear with one dot.

There is no way in hell finished= Balanced with an MMO. I recommend you stop thinking balance is the key to being finished.

Remember 3.0? how imbalanced retadins were? I wonder how they ever finished... makes really no sense.

I am done talking to you. The fact that you bring in false quotes in order to reduce my reputation means that you are VERY bad at having a civilized debate.

(You said in another thread "Hunters can only melee to be successful in pve". Wow, you are really stupid and obviously have not played anything but WotLK because of the lack of knowledge in your fake quote.)
    ^
    Your entire comment.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Umm.. If all noticed the designer notes back when Cata was going from Alpha to Beta.. You'll notice that Hunters were at a 95% completion.

Now, did they revert back to 31 point talent trees and screw a lot of stuff up? Yes. But, the core mechanics of the talent trees & the ideas behind them were generally complete. Right now in beta, I'm willing to bet that your rotation of abilities will not change due to new ability introduction or new mechanics change, if anything they'll tweak numbers and it might change to lubricate how fluid it is.

There will be no... "Dramatic Change" as you suggest. You can hope if you'd like, but this just leaving room for the door of disappointment to slap you in the face when it doesn't happen. Learn to work with what you currently have.

That said -- It's a designed mechanic that if you aren't using Cobra Shot you're losing DPS because you're losing potential Focus regen. This is what limits your mobility & prevents you from wanting to be in Aspect of the Fox 24 / 7. Do not even begin to compare it to DKs losing DPS because they aren't using Runes on CD -- It's not the same because Double Rune abilities exist which make up for it. Focus works more like Energy, in which case the only time you're losing DPS with it, is when it actually hits 100%. You lose DPS when you don't use Cobra Shot because you are not regenerating additional Focus with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    Umm.. If all noticed the designer notes back when Cata was going from Alpha to Beta.. You'll notice that Hunters were at a 95% completion.

Now, did they revert back to 31 point talent trees and screw a lot of stuff up? Yes. But, the core mechanics of the talent trees & the ideas behind them were generally complete. Right now in beta, I'm willing to bet that your rotation of abilities will not change due to new ability introduction or new mechanics change, if anything they'll tweak numbers and it might change to lubricate how fluid it is.

There will be no... "Dramatic Change" as you suggest. You can hope if you'd like, but this just leaving room for the door of disappointment to slap you in the face when it doesn't happen. Learn to work with what you currently have.

That said -- It's a designed mechanic that if you aren't using Cobra Shot you're losing DPS because you're losing potential Focus regen. This is what limits your mobility & prevents you from wanting to be in Aspect of the Fox 24 / 7. Do not even begin to compare it to DKs losing DPS because they aren't using Runes on CD -- It's not the same because Double Rune abilities exist which make up for it. Focus works more like Energy, in which case the only time you're losing DPS with it, is when it actually hits 100%. You lose DPS when you don't use Cobra Shot because you are not regenerating additional Focus with it.
    It isnt like Cobra shot is a bad thing. it is 3 birds with one stone.
    Focus
    DPS
    SS increased duration.

You would be crazy not to use it when you have nothing else to do.

Being said I think I will just set CobraS to one key and Kill Command on the key right next to it. Then spam the two when needed. Then worry about CD's when they are necessary for a fight.

I hope BM rotation is that easy.
    I want BM from BC where I can bash my finger on one button and watch youtube on my other monitor.
    ...Those were the days.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It isnt like Cobra shot is a bad thing. it is 3 birds with one stone.
    Focus
    DPS
    SS increased duration.

You would be crazy not to use it when you have nothing else to do.

Being said I think I will just set CobraS to one key and Kill Command on the key right next to it. Then spam the two when needed. Then worry about CD's when they are necessary for a fight.
    Oh I was just responding to the OP suggesting that it's a "problem" for him to be losing out on potential DPS when he isn't using Cobra Shot.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant mechanic for regenerating additional focus & a lot less clinky like a Feral Druid & less passive than a Combat Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    Oh I was just responding to the OP suggesting that it's a "problem" for him to be losing out on potential DPS when he isn't using Cobra Shot.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant mechanic for regenerating additional focus & a lot less clinky like a Feral Druid & less passive than a Combat Rogue.
    I know. I was not disagreeing with your statement.

More like adding to it =P

BM rotation is pretty simple

Hearthstone > Respec MM > Get summoned > Nuke

Quote Originally Posted by Iacom View Post
    BM rotation is pretty simple

Hearthstone > Respec MM > Get summoned > Nuke
    Actually a good BM spec is only about 500 dps less than an MM spec. (live)
    Although, 500 dps is quite the loss. If you really want to play BM you could do raids with fun (if you find BM fun) in mind over max dps.

Like any spec there are a few ways to tweak your dps. Using Fervor+massive kill command spam when procs are up to increase damage. Timing focused fire procs, not starting your KC spam until you just procced a rhumba etc.

Actually a good BM spec is only about 500 dps less than an MM spec. (live)
    Although, 500 dps is quite the loss. If you really want to play BM you could do raids with fun (if you find BM fun) in mind over max dps.
    Yet more words of wisdom from you. It is far more than a 500 dps difference.

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t42519-b...k_spreadsheet/

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...astery_Hunter/

VS

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...anship_Hunter/

build pics