Poll: Deathwing's voice. Love it? Hate it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the few things I can really complain that Blizzard's not spending enough money on. Sure, every boss is voiced now, awesome. It'd be really awesome if we heard more than five different voices, though.
    The echo and the throat cancer aren't impressive anymore. Things are way more threatening when they sound natural.
    Which is why Deathwing's voice disappointed me to bits.

10+ Year Old Account
    hire this man for more stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamieson_Price

he voiced 2 of wows biggest meme characters

he voiced 4 beloved voices

sarth
    yogg
    thorim
    jaraxxus

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    btw i heard that metzans actual talking voice is the same 1 he uses for varian.... hes not even fucking trying there!

atleast get who voiced jaraxxus (aka spiral king from gurren lagann and the count for ganketsu the count of monte cristo) to do more stuff

YOU FACE

That's why he loves Varian so much. He imagines he IS Varian. That he's the spirit of Thrall. And all the rest.

I have to believe that a man would have to be pretty conceited to think all these important lore characters should be voiced by himself. I imagine he has a hissyfit whenever someone suggests someone else voice them. "But I wrote them! I WROTE THEM! WHO BETTER THAN ME TO KNOW HOW THEY SOUND? FOR THEY ALL SOUND LIKE MEEEE! Even Jaina sounds like me in my head, but I don't think people are ready for that... just yet..."

15+ Year Old Account
    It's Metzen and we've all heard that voice a 1000 times before. Rather have the voice actor from Ulduar doing Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malygos The Spellweaver View Post
    compared to old one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLanjE96YlI
    i like new one much more!

Give me the guy from Green Mile or the guy that does Baron Underbeit in Venture Bros.

Deleted
    add "he should be voiced by Jesse Cox" into the poll

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    hire this man for more stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamieson_Price

sarth
    yogg
    thorim
    jaraxxus
    He voiced Yogg AND Thorim? Does this guy have a Fan Club? Where can i join?

10+ Year Old Account
    i love his voice.

Wait hold up. This is the guy who did Nielas Aran and Yogg-Saron? And he did Thorim too!? This guy is nearing Peter Cullen-level.

Wait his hometown is my hometown WHAAAAAT
    God; I hate you people.

It's allright. Pretty epic, but he doesn't sound "wise" enough. Don't know if he's supposed to be wise though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    He voiced Yogg AND Thorim? Does this guy have a Fan Club? Where can i join?
    I was thinking that!

His laugh for Yoggy (and voice in general) is just epic, me want him as DW!

Yeah getting tired of hearing Metzen doing major characters, I was annoyed when I noticed that Thrall and Varian sounded very similar... I love both of those characters but being enemys and sounding almost the same is just stupid.

I vote Jamieson for DW's voice!
    Last edited by Makronette; 2010-08-19 at 07:33 PM.
    For the Horde!

I think it's perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Mkkronette View Post
    I was thinking that!

His laugh for Yoggy (and voice in general) is just epic, me want him as DW!

Yeah getting tired of hearing Metzen doing major characters, I was annoyed when I noticed that Thrall and Varian sounded very similar... I love both of those characters but being enemys and sounding almost the same is just stupid.

I vote Jamieson for DW's voice!
    Metzen does Varian too? I actually don't think it sounds anything like Thrall.
    God; I hate you people.

Metzen doesnt sounds bad or anything, I love his Thrall voice, but you clearly can recognize thats the same voice in Deathwing, what I think is bad.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old voice - great
    New voice - do not like

Blizz employs the worst voice actors for WoW.
    Metzen - overused and under talented
    Chick that does Lady Deathwhisper and others - God. Awful. I want to cut myself every time her RP begins.
    Any character with a "british accent" - Same deal. Stereotypical and obviously fake accents.

Hate it.

I'd really like a badguy that doesn't have a super gravel voice. I guess Illidan was alright....its just so damn cliche.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I don't think think Metzen is under talented at all, Algalon was awesome and Deathwings old voice was bad ass; overused, maybe, but under talented, no. Now Sindragosa/every other female villain in WotLKs' voice actress makes me want to gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons.