Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    I, unlike Blizzard now days, remember the origin of Talent trees. The current talent trees are a perverted thing that panders to the masses and get them diluted.

Warriors (and hunters) are 2 great examples of how talent trees should work, ie... 3 trees, 3 roles. In case of warriors, PROT-Tanking, ARMS-PvP, and FURY-PvE damage. In the case of hunters, BM-leveling/grinding, MARKS-PvE damage, and SURVIVAL-PvP.

But people wanted to be able to PvP in any spec, and also be able to in some cases (like hunters) PvE dps in any spec, so the trees get changed and weirded out and not true to their original intent.

I'm happy to see some trees that clearly are meant for one thing, do less well in PvP.
    I like seeing the trees being more specialized and 1 tree not working for multiple roles.

Now if people still want to use them in PvP, that's fine, but they should do what they do in PvE, ie... do lots of damage, or tank, or heal, and not do 2 things really great at the same time, like heal/damage or tank(live longer)/damage.

The above being said and just being my opinion of course...
    I have to admit I will miss the creativity of interesting hybrid specs and the fun of figuring out a cool combo of talents that have great synergy that people don't usually take or ignore. You see these most often in Warriors, DKs and Paladins for PvP success and soloing hard content I think.
    While I respect your opinion I have to agree with Blizzard's current philosophy. Even with dual specs I think it is important for each character to at least have a few different styles for pve and pvp content. Much like warriors have a pve dps spec and a pve tank spec i like that they have a pvp spec besides arms.

As arms you're mainly a peel and ms'ing but with prot you're more focused around utility such as reflecting spells at crucial times off your teammates, locking down healers, and using your mobility to harass multiple enemies. Your job all of a sudden anymore isn't about making sure the ms debuff is on and when the best time to use bladestorm is. That's what i like most about pvp'ing as prot. jigslol posted a great vid of his ATC team and he displays this style very well in his video "Protin' on nerds" (no accounting for taste on the name).

But all in all I do not agree with the op i think prot pvp in cata will be strong especially rated bg's. The only thing that i would like back is the imp spell reflect talent in the form of a major or even prime glyph.

I lol'd at people saying that prot warrior isnt for PvP. Say that to Blizzard who give us some very good Arena talents deep in our prot tree.

Until then, suck it and let me bash your face to oblivion, whatever you class, spec or amount of resilience is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    I lol'd at people saying that prot warrior isnt for PvP. Say that to Blizzard who give us some very good Arena talents deep in our prot tree.

Until then, suck it and let me bash your face to oblivion, whatever you class, spec or amount of resilience is.
    It's called PVE, not pvp talents, if blizz wanted prot to pvp they wouldnt of nerfed you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that Prot pala and prot warrior Pvp goes away in cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    In "some other game" tanks have their roles in pvp. If Blizz already "borrows" ideas from other games, why not implement this? I'll quote them:
    Basically, it's a mix of Vigilance and Hand of Sacrifice.

Just a modified Taunt, that works not only on mobs, but on players too.
    The non existent pvp in FFXI was non-existent for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    It's called PVE, not pvp talents, if blizz wanted prot to pvp they wouldnt of nerfed you.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59089/i...ell-reflection
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12804

this has absolutly no use in Pve.
    Blizz nerf prot pvp because it was a bit overpowered. Now, we are on par with other classes / spec in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post
    With no ArP, lower crit, less damage, and now the looming threat of Vengence being removed from pvp entirely or made completely useless; prot warriors have even less to look forward to in cata....
    (only read 1st page of replies)

I assume you're talking about solo-pvp, Prot warriors are not dps machines, and the game is not focused on 1v1 pvp.

If you're talking about battlegrounds like AV or WG, your job is not dps, it's cc / interference. Charge the bottleneck: shockwave, intercept to the caster-line: intimidating shout, intervene back to your line .... Shield slam/bash, concussion blow along the way. Shield wall/last stand/spell reflect as needed.

Too bad that both this talents are gone in current beta build. They could implement improved spell reflection as part of Shield Specialization.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

As long as protribution pvp is still there, I'll be fine. That's just too much fun. For war though, Arm will still be great. I am a bit sad about the end of prot in pvp. I still remember one epic arena match as prot paladin Vs prot war (both of our partners dead) One of my best wow memory =). It lasted a very long time.

Deleted
    "DERP I want my raid specc to be viable in PvP
    so I can faceroll with my PvE gear."

Tanks don't belong in WoW PvP, they just completely suck out all the fun for other melee classes
    Blizz can't even balance healers, why should they even spend 1 second making tanks viable in pvp

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59089/i...ell-reflection
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12804

this has absolutly no use in Pve.
    Blizz nerf prot pvp because it was a bit overpowered. Now, we are on par with other classes / spec in arenas.
    we are on par with prot paladins who are the bane of any melee class?

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

All I know is I cant wait to pvp as fury and not die in < 10 seconds
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post
    Most of the replies so far are crap.
    The community on this website, and for this game as a whole is horrible.

Stop playing the game and leave the forum then? Problem solved.