Smile Finding a new laptop

I am looking for a new laptop and cant decide. I program in C++, VB, and mysql/php. I also of course play wow and do some other games (diablo, starcraft, real time strategies), but nothing too intense ( no crysis =P). I want a laptop with at least 4-5 hours battery life ( 6 being perfect ) and 4gb of ram. I would like to have an i3 or i5 processor if i could, possibly with optimus technology; as ive seen optimus allows for better battery life. I am hoping someone can help me find a new laptop. My price range is 700-1100. Please help fellow friends.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomemonster View Post
    I am looking for a new laptop and cant decide.

... play wow and ... at least 4-5 hours battery life

My price range is 700-1100. Please help fellow friends.
    Not possible. If you come back in 2016 we might have suggestions by then.

edit:

If by "play wow" you mean AH and solo questing it could be doable. If you mean raids... Not gonna happen.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-08-10 at 01:33 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/noteb...o-17-touch-4~~

It is decent and will meet your requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Not possible. If you come back in 2016 we might have suggestions by then.

edit:

If by "play wow" you mean AH and solo questing it could be doable. If you mean raids... Not gonna happen.
    My bad, i mean 4-5 hours for just coding and browsing kind of stuff. I know that games I wont be going 4-5 hours on battery playing away hahahah my bad =)

Finding 4-5h battery life on full-sized (not netbook crap) laptop is very hard, and probably will not fit into your budget unless you buy 2nd battery you're lugging around to double the work time. I've seen 6h+ real battery life numbers only in 12" business laptops that does not have enough power for decent gaming, and even those are closer to $1500-2000 pricetag. If you're looking for good battery life and play-ability, you should consider MacBook Pro's, or whatever those are called nowadays. Bad thing about those is the pricetag which starts from $2k.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

i prefer a 14" to 16" inch, i am considering a macbook and running bootcamp with default boot partition to windows 7.
    ive read you can do that. anyone tried that yet and able to report on performance?

Quote Originally Posted by gnomemonster View Post
    i prefer a 14" to 16" inch, i am considering a macbook and running bootcamp with default boot partition to windows 7.
    ive read you can do that. anyone tried that yet and able to report on performance?
    It is easy. Only good think Apple makes are their portable devices.

Just open up bootcamp and partition the amount of your HDD you want to use for windows then install windows on it.

i am probably going with Acer-Aspire-TimelineX-AS4820TG-5637-14-Inch on amazon