Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    On sindragosa, a fight that has very little to do with actual DPS.
    It has everything to do with DPS. That is, DPS not killing the shit out of ice blocks early like a bunch of tunnel visioning retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Looking at the top parse from each spec doesn't really tell you anything useful, it just shows how the different specs scale with rng. If you look at the fallen crusader uptime and crit percentages they were both far higher than normal, those logs aren't really useful for making a fair comparison of how the specs perform in normal situation. A more useful comparison of how the specs compare on saurfang would be something like. As you can see unholy has a mean dps of 17830 with a standard deviation of 434.55 and blood has a mean dps of 16162 and a standard deviation of 874.28.

Unholy generally performs better but the performance of blood randomly varies by a wider margin, that's all there is to it. Blood can do more dps but usually won't.
    this to me is the best statistics to use when determining which spec does higher dps. taking the top of each is not a good way to determine the best spec. This shows unholy narrowly beating Frost, but honestly it is so close that you should just pick whichever you prefer...

(won't let me post the link to his post, but you can check it out in his original post at the top of page 3)

Edit:
    I just checked the 2 fights that someone posted earlier about being the main 2 fights for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbrocker View Post
    Because its hard to aoe your way to the top amirite
    It is on single target boss fights

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.