Video Settings for Arena

Hey,
    because I have 20 fps in arena and decided to decrease my video quality to low. I was surprised that I got 60fps instantly but also a lot of important skills get hidden i.e. consecrate and bloodboil.

So if I want to see all skills, I can't just use low quality. So plz tell me which of this cryptic sliders have to stay at high and which aren't important in arena.

btw. I can play Farcry2, Crysis and other stuff on max. details @ 30fps... ffs :'(

Deleted
    well dont get off Particle density shows you animation textures

you can always go outside IF/Org and try different settings out while ppl use those skills!

Deleted
    You might have an old computer or bad connection? Maybe delete some addons (recount and Xperl take much memory). Things like "how far you can see" and "shadows" should make your fps higher without making your gameplay shit

Ground effects like Consecration are a checkbox called Projected Textures, near the bottom of the Video window.

Nearly everything on the ground is a Projected Texture, nearly everything in the air is a Particle Effect. Back when i played on a crappy pc, i didn't notice any FPS difference if i disabled Projected Textures. Particle effects could significantly decrease your FPS if you set it too high. I recommend adjusting it until you're able to see everything you need to see, but nothing more.
    You should also make sure you've got VSync disabled, as it tends to decrease your FPS an awful lot.

Vsync usually tries to limit your fps to something your monitor can actually display.
    Over 60fps means nothing if that ix the maximum your monitor is capable of outputting.

There's a sweet little mod called DynPerf that will automagically adjust your video settings to keep you at 32fps or above. I'd try that first, and see if it helps.

well, I just can't understand why my framerate suxx so hard... I have a great pc and neither my ram nor my cpu ever reach 50% of their max. power... And my nvidea 8800 gts even allows me to play highdetail shooter on max details with 30fps... Why wont it work in wow?! wtf

the addon you gave me works great, in arena noone cares about view distance but in open world its just bullshit without
    Last edited by GNARW; 2010-08-11 at 02:29 PM.

WoW is very CPU based game not GPU. And if you are not running x64 system, it can't really use power of high end CPUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Even on an x64 system it sucks.
    Then again mine isn't what you can call "high end".

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    x64 or x32 doesn't really matter to WoW. It's a 32-bit program that can make some use of 2 cores, but gets almost no benefit from having 3+ cores. Using an x64 CPU with an x64 OS gives SOME benefit - the OS itself handles better "behind" the game, as do those drivers and background programs that are also x64.

However, a 3+ ghz 32-bit dual-core is better for WoW than most newer CPU's, as most 3+ core cpu's operate at 2.5ghz or slower clock speeds.

Yeah something I found out the hard way with a 2.6 quad.
    Even with windows 7 64-bit.
    Only wish I knew that beforehand.

got x64 system and x64 has memory support of 3,5gb+ and has better memory management but cpu power is the same in both

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    ComputerNerd, hell, I'm on a 2.4ghz dual.

Deleted
    2.8 ghz quad.
    One of the advantages of being a moderator.

Nah, just kidding :P

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was gonna say... if they're paying you, I want in. :P

I actually built my system to deal with higher-end games than WoW, even tho' I play it as much as or more than I do them. Admittedly, I also built it over 3 years ago. Moderate cpu, 4gb of ram, dual ati radeon hd3870's. I wish I'd shelled out for a better cpu, tho'.

Well unless something is horrbly wrong configuration wise, then mine seems to be underpowered.
    May have another shot overclocking, but I seemed to be lacking many options in the bios.