Lightbulb The OMG Cataclysm is messing up priests thread

Thought I'd add to the repetitive spam in the priest forums about how beta is destroying World of Warcraft, and how it's the end of the road for priests. OK, not really.

I'm petitioning the moderators to please do something that will make it easier for new priests to find useful information, and for old hands to discuss tips and tricks. No offense to anyone, but a subforum so we can keep the Cataclysm-is-going-to-be-a-catastrophe and chicken little squawks together would be pretty spiffy. Siloing Cata from current content discussions would make it easier for people to find what they're looking for.

I think this is something that everyone could agree to as a good idea. No?

Maybe a huge thread to discuss each spec in Cata, and only in those threads? If you don't, it means possible punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    Maybe a huge thread to discuss each spec in Cata, and only in those threads? If you don't, it means possible punishment?
    You could do something along the lines of stickied threads for Cata: Disc, Cata: Holy, Cata: Shadow, and maybe Cata: PVP.

Upside is obviously a cleaner forum where it's easier for those newer to the cloth to find the information they seek to help them today, not buried in the midst of threads that are in all fairness very speculative given the still somewhat early stages of beta.

Downside is that there are so many sub-lines of discussion within each of these categories that those defined threads wouldn't be... well, they wouldn't be threads, but tangled lines.

If something like this were to be enacted, though, an appropriate "possible punishment" measure to take against those not posting in the 'approved' threads would be as simple as deletion of posts in violation.

A more ideal solution, since we're really talking about two things -- what's real and exists today versus what's speculated and in the future -- would be adding a sub-forum under the Priest Class forum specifically for Cata, which would allow complete separation and provide priests the ability to choose the information trove relevant to them. Topics that are germane to beta could be moved by a mod to the appropriate area. Of course, this would involve some level of development probably beyond the admin rights of the mods, and then generates the question of how to handle the forum's transition when we hit pre-4.0 talent release, and then Cata going live.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Of course, this would involve some level of development probably beyond the admin rights of the mods, and then generates the question of how to handle the forum's transition when we hit pre-4.0 talent release, and then Cata going live.
    I thought about that, but at that point things won' be beta anymore, it'll be implemented. I guess the discussion would naturally drift into the regular forums. The subforum could be titled "Pre-release Cata-strophy discussion". Heheheh I just had to make a bad pun. But yeah, the thread could be just pre-release discussion. Upon release everyone would naturally move to the regular forum.