Thread: Too easy

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Too easy

After playing SC2 I really realized how easy wow is. Maybe 1% of the time I am playing I actually have to try all out to complete my objective etc. Now in starcraft, playing on Hard/Brutal... you pretty much have to try all out 99% of the time. I wonder if blizz could use some stuff from SC2 to make WoW harder.

And before people start saying OMG LOL LINK HD LK ACHIEVE I have two things to say to that. First off, killing LK on HM isnt really "hard" persay.. its more time consuming and or reliant on accessibility to players/friends etc. And second, even ALL icc hardmodes are less than 2% of the game. It would be equivalent to saying: On the very last mission of SC2 that part at the VERY end was hard.

I do understand wow is an MMO and it is harder to establish "hardness" if you will, but it just bothers me. I could play the SC2 campaign 50 times before i got bored, and after leveling 1 character to 80, I got bored.

Edit: HM LK is hard. I lied. Regardless.. < 1% of the game.
    Last edited by barrsftw; 2010-08-10 at 08:06 PM.

Do some arenas those are difficult.

Although I know this topic essentially has no point I do have to ask you one thing:

How is it possible for H.LK to be time consuming but not hard? That is, I'd understand if you were complaining that a whole dungeon with its trash was time consuming but not hard. Or if the encounter was like 25 minutes long and wasn't hard until the end. But you are saying that the only reason everybody hasn't downed H.LK is because it takes too much time and that the guilds can't manage to get 25 players together? What do you think guilds are spending hours doing? Taking AFK breaks? Just letting Arthas get a few kills on them so he feels better?
    Last edited by Neichus; 2010-08-10 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you will compare the hardest SC setting as super hard when probably a very small amount of the players actually succeed in? But not LKHM which a very small amount of players will succeed in?

And the fact that there is a difference between an MMO and an RTS doesn't come to mind? I love SC, but I'm not going to start to compare it to a non-rts game.

WoW is not hard because it's not supposed to be hard. Blizz has stated many times they want WoW to be accessable to casuals and those that don't play MMOs much.

Can we stop with the 'WoW is too easy' whining already? Go to Everquest if you want to rend your garments in frustration over an MMO.

If HC LK only required time, and wasn't hard, then there would be more than... 375 guilds in the world who have successfully killed him, even with the 30% buff.

Every previously hard boss that fell was slaughtered by hundreds and hundreds of guilds in the following weeks. It's taken less than 400 guilds several months to kill LK, and that is not many guilds, at all.

Not to mention you cannot compare an MMO and an RTS... at all.

I find that brutal was difficult the first time I played it, and is now very easy for me to overcome. The same can be said for raid bosses, to be honest. It's all about really knowing how the mechanics work.

You are comparing the PvE environment of an RTS with the PvE environment of an MMO. The big difference? Save.

If you screw up in Starcraft 2 campaign mission you can always reload from latest manual or auto save. Planning an all out push against Protoss? Save before just to be sure. This safety net allows Blizzard to pound you with more challenging content in which a mistake has much more costly consequences.

In WoW there is no save function. Screwed up on Defile? You done goofed. You can't reload from just before Defile, you have 24 people mad at you and you are generally a bad human being. Brutal campaign you can practice to your hearts delight, try out whatever madness you want - WoW requires you to succeed much faster.

And in the end - how the hell can you compare single player experience to multiplayer experience? Go online, get into gold leagues, Tank-rush some Protoss and then compare the 2 games.

Your comparing an MMO-RPG to an MMO-RTS. these are 2 games that could never be compared. Strategy games tend to be more difficult, but RPGs tend to be more enjoyable.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apok101 View Post
    Your comparing an MMO-RPG to an MMO-RTS. these are 2 games that could never be compared. Strategy games tend to be more difficult, but RPGs tend to be more enjoyable.
    I bet you have a really good source. Since you say that RPGs tend to be more enjoyable. And not just what you think.

On topic: Don't compare RTS with MMO games. They are totally diffrent. Both games got parts that are harder. If you find wow so easy go end game arena. Play a hard setup. If you find Starcraft 2 easy go Battle.net and win some games and finally you will play against very good opponents.

Edit: Wrote a sentence twice :P Not really awake today it seems.
    Last edited by Xart; 2010-08-11 at 05:05 AM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777 View Post
    I could play the SC2 campaign 50 times before i got bored, and after leveling 1 character to 80, I got bored.
    I could level 10 characters to 85 before I got bored, but after playing SC2 for about 10 hours, I got bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if it's hard or not? One person's hard is another person's easy. (Yeah, go ahead and laugh that one up.) If you want to play or do something challenging, then find out what that is for you and do it. If you prefer something that's not as challenging, but maybe more relaxing and something you can stop and start up again or play casually then find something that does that for you. WoW can be either of those things, depending on the person or specific activity. It's not rocket surgery, for chrissakes. Though maybe there are some rocket surgeons out there that might find WoW challenging.

Comparing two diffrent games from diffrent genre is very logical.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777 View Post
    After playing SC2 I really realized how easy wow is. Maybe 1% of the time I am playing I actually have to try all out to complete my objective etc. Now in starcraft, playing on Hard/Brutal... you pretty much have to try all out 99% of the time. I wonder if blizz could use some stuff from SC2 to make WoW harder.

And before people start saying OMG LOL LINK HD LK ACHIEVE I have two things to say to that. First off, killing LK on HM isnt really "hard" persay.. its more time consuming and or reliant on accessibility to players/friends etc. And second, even ALL icc hardmodes are less than 2% of the game. It would be equivalent to saying: On the very last mission of SC2 that part at the VERY end was hard.

I do understand wow is an MMO and it is harder to establish "hardness" if you will, but it just bothers me. I could play the SC2 campaign 50 times before i got bored, and after leveling 1 character to 80, I got bored.

Edit: HM LK is hard. I lied. Regardless.. < 1% of the game.
    Arena Master or GTFO, ah u don't have it....
    Sticks and stones break my bones but it’s the words that make me cry.

Off-topic internet poet. Habbekrats' pet.

Deleted
    My friend i played SC II this morning.
    I won 3 matches in this way : Probe in enemy base , pilon , GWx2 , pilon - > 3x zelot ( while i kept produceing probes )
    3x zelot vs 4 zergling/2 marine / 1 zelot and i wont
    I lost 2 matches in the folowing way : 3 x reaper a cliff harast , zelot is slower than reaper GG

Sc II dose not requier skill until you reach end game.. aka player like WhiteRA , thelittleone ,LiquidNazgul ( those are the one i liked til now ).
    And campagin is all about stacking 1 or 2 p units and its easy win i 1 shooted everything on hard , brutal would have been no diference..

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: refer to your own avatar
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Orly? Already noticed it?

In SC2 (which I dont play for the simple reason I didnt play WC3. Nothing's truly changed)you play directly against another human opponent. Kinda like a duel...

Whereas in the campaign you just throw enough stuff at a wall. Also it seems to me (from looking at it) that you do as with others RTS games and just spam 1-2 types of unit. It has no kind of strategy, whoever manages to train some early units and kill the opposing player's workers win.

You dont take big decisions on how to make a solid defence cuz players will run past your bunkers anyway. You dont have to husband your resources or troops to any degree cuz you can always train new...

Its like the Zapp Brannigan mantra "I'll send in wave after wave of men". Aint funny aint strategy, just whoever can maintain focus for the longest time.

In conclusion: Your argument is that because you dont have time neither slack nor think, its harder than wow?

just because there is a ranking system in WoW arena doesnt make the game hard. Its like adding a ranking system in Pong. Then saying Go play the top ranked pong player and tell me it isnt hard to win... Its just an invalid argument.

I dont see how people can argue that the game isnt easy and even too easy.
    Last edited by barrsftw; 2010-08-11 at 10:04 PM.

You realize most MMOs our about the same difficulty there are none now that are "harder" or "easier" then WoW that i know of. You could say that PVP is harder for an individual in WoW due to the unbalanced classes, but other then that it's not really harder or easier.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rendy View Post
    My friend i played SC II this morning.
    I won 3 matches in this way : Probe in enemy base , pilon , GWx2 , pilon - > 3x zelot ( while i kept produceing probes )
    3x zelot vs 4 zergling/2 marine / 1 zelot and i wont
    I lost 2 matches in the folowing way : 3 x reaper a cliff harast , zelot is slower than reaper GG

Sc II dose not requier skill until you reach end game.. aka player like WhiteRA , thelittleone ,LiquidNazgul ( those are the one i liked til now ).
    And campagin is all about stacking 1 or 2 p units and its easy win i 1 shooted everything on hard , brutal would have been no diference..
    This, he has somewhat of a point, you could easily overwhelm your opponent early game with a rush of zerglings, marines, zealots, etc. But, turtle games take more skill towards the end with large masses of units.