Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Id rather beleive C'thun mutated or empowered chogall.
    If not partially (in retropsect), we do not even recieve an inkling of C'thun's voice in the datamined files for Cho'gall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    Dark side how the hell do you know one is in Stonetalon?
    Do not question Dark Side!! Just appreciate his knowledge!! =P
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there is an Old God in Stonetalon, my bet is that it is under the Oracle's Cave. Old God drawing towards great power and all that shizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeplord View Post
    If not partially (in retropsect), we do not even recieve an inkling of C'thun's voice in the datamined files for Cho'gall.
    Indeed, but he makes a mention of C'thun. A lot. Not by name, but hints at it.

First, Gall won't shut up about "the master" seeing. Who is a giant eyeball they worship? Second, he says to the player "The master sees you, he KNOWS you". This leads me to believe "the master" has been encountered by players before, IE C'thun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    Chogall was the first mage wasn't he?
    First ogre-magi. He was empowered by Gul'dan with an elven artifact during the second war.

---------- Post added 2010-08-10 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malygos The Spellweaver View Post
    First, Gall won't shut up about "the master" seeing.
    B-b-b-but... th-the master... THE MASTER SEEEEEES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why does the overmind in starcraft 2 look like an old god...are they related?
    I thought about this too. Probably one of them inspired the other
    Edit:
    Snowblind: Didn't say that either. Have to edit because I can't waste my 666th post. I meant that the original (Dunno if overmind or old gods came first tbh) was inspired by maybe Cthulhu or something similar, and the other one inspired by the one which was inspired by Chtulhy or whatever
    Last edited by Qtulu; 2010-08-10 at 11:36 PM.
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu View Post
    I thought about this too. Probably one of them inspired the other
    Blizzard didn't invent the "faceless mass of flesh and tentacle bad guy" idea.

Isn't the Overmind an "eye" object in a mess of fleshy tendrils and such?

Looks like the inside of a brain more then an old god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess blizzards storywriters are big Lovecraft fans
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post

---------- Post added 2010-08-10 at 11:10 PM ----------

B-b-b-but... th-the master... THE MASTER SEEEEEES!!!!
    But not very well...he needs a monacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why does the overmind in starcraft 2 look like an old god...are they related?
    Overminds aren't new to SC2.

Wow you guys are right, the Overrmind does look like an Old God, I bet Blizzard stole that idea from....... Blizzard XD

The Stonetalons, great find Darkside, about time you link something(jk) But I dont like how they said that. "Oh shit I feel a dark presence, must be older then the world, duh, Duh DUH!!!!!"
    Remember reading the Cycle of Hatred book when their in the fog and someone says," Sargeras could walk right by you and you wouldn't know" that right there pissed me off. Some of this shit like Sargeras and old gods is not common knowledge.

Lasty, I have a question, Stonetalon isn't the same right? is there any evidence of a buried city similar to Ulduar? since I believe 3 gods are suppose to be imprisoned?

Deleted
    Wow you guys are right, the Overrmind does look like an Old God, I bet Blizzard stole that idea from....... Blizzard XD
    Who in turn got it from many fantasy series.

Lasty, I have a question, Stonetalon isn't the same right? is there any evidence of a buried city similar to Ulduar? since I believe 3 gods are suppose to be imprisoned?
    I thought there was a full 5 in total imprisoned. Woops.

Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    There's more than 3. The Elves once felt an evil presence below the land around Tirisfal.

10+ Year Old Account
    who got in turn from H.P. Lovecraft
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

must be older then the world, duh, Duh DUH!!!!!"
    Well technically they aren't older, I'm pretty sure it was a planet before it was a prison.

Remember reading the Cycle of Hatred book when their in the fog and someone says," Sargeras could walk right by you and you wouldn't know" that right there pissed me off. Some of this shit like Sargeras and old gods is not common knowledge.
    They aren't common knowledge I suppose because of the severe lack of information on those that aren't dead. Sargeras may in fact be able to stroll on by you like a casual other person, but anyone who's been near enough to claim this story true is dead or speaks Demonic. Plus we aren't really meant to know anything about the Old Gods, if their prisons had been permanent I think all we'd ever have known of them is their whispers. Or even perhaps if the prisons kept them from chatting to us, as I suspect they are intended to but clearly don't, then we'd never have known about the great and ancient evil sitting underground just chillin' for a couple of millenia. I'm surprised the Titan's didn't leave more information behind about them, I mean at least their names would have been good, some sort of physical description, battle tactics, favourite colour, anything. But it's the Stargate Atlantis deal all over again. You find the super powered city, the computers "Have this info somewhere but we can't find it". Even a Mac has a search function, you'd think they would too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

I thought there was a full 5 in total imprisoned. Woops.
    Maybe if they retcon the original story again, but its 1 god died, 1 god fell and the rest were imprisoned. It also stated that there 4-5 Old Gods. There wasn't names or pictures or any more details, thats just how they wrote it and are just now getting back to it and adjusting it to fit the lore now.

Honestly, I dont think Metzen knows anymore then atleast 1 old God that they are introducing. Hes probably sitting there reading Dark Sides Theories and Copy/pasting them, but tweaking them just enough so that their not the same. "God Damn it, wheres that Dark Side kid, I need Moar material!"

No seriously, its gotta be hard writing lore for 3 different stores :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    who got in turn from H.P. Lovecraft
    Who in turn got it from the real C'thulu.

What, didn't you all know?

Maybe if they retcon the original story again, but its 1 god died, 1 god fell and the rest were imprisoned. It also stated that there 4-5 Old Gods. There wasn't names or pictures or any more details, thats just how they wrote it and are just now getting back to it and adjusting it to fit the lore now.
    To be honest, without anyone actually knowing (in solid lore) what the old gods are, it's not a massive retcon to say "tehre were some you weren't told about" until Blizzard tries to make them cover ewvvery square inch of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingedtoast View Post
    Well technically they aren't older, I'm pretty sure it was a planet before it was a prison.

They aren't common knowledge I suppose because of the severe lack of information on those that aren't dead. Sargeras may in fact be able to stroll on by you like a casual other person, but anyone who's been near enough to claim this story true is dead or speaks Demonic. Plus we aren't really meant to know anything about the Old Gods, if their prisons had been permanent I think all we'd ever have known of them is their whispers. Or even perhaps if the prisons kept them from chatting to us, as I suspect they are intended to but clearly don't, then we'd never have known about the great and ancient evil sitting underground just chillin' for a couple of millenia. I'm surprised the Titan's didn't leave more information behind about them, I mean at least their names would have been good, some sort of physical description, battle tactics, favourite colour, anything. But it's the Stargate Atlantis deal all over again. You find the super powered city, the computers "Have this info somewhere but we can't find it". Even a Mac has a search function, you'd think they would too.
    I dont know if your agreeing or not, but the sargeras one was about some unimportant person who was talking about how thick the fog was and was saying Sargeras could walk right by and you wouldn't even notice, as an example of it. That annoyed me, like ever played Metal gear solid snake? it'd be like a common person talking about the patriots(the secret group that controls the government)

10+ Year Old Account
    Who in turn got it from the real C'thulu.

What, didn't you all know?
    Shhhhh you cant talk about that here, also his name is spelled Cthulhu