Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    This race asura looks like some abomination from shitty asian F2P game.
    Skills are too flashy, again remind me about asian games.
    NCsoft logo doesn't add much appeal to the game, too.
    Wtf are you talking about too flashy? At least the spells/ abilities aren't just the same rendition and animation with just a different color (look at shadowbolt, firebolt, frostbolt, FFB, pyroblast and chaosbolt for example). All that "flashy" is to make you feel like you're actually doing something different. It's meant to be like whenever you press a button for a spell people will be like "Oh shit! That's cool!" not the boring bolt, cone, and circle-on-the-ground stuff WoW's got.

Have you seen ranger's Serpent Strike(a huuge green trail was left after the weapon), or warrior's shield skills?

If it's a magical class, like paladin, flashy things like Divine storm are ok, but weapon trails after every strike remind me of console fighting(asian, of course).

Fireworks after every button press are not good for the eyes.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    We get it, you don't like it.
    So I'm happy that you wont buy it.

http://multiplayer.it/video/guild-wa...escom-2010.hi/

Unofficial demo video.

Starts off slow but looks really awesome. Quite hacky and slashy as well. Video doesn't really do it justice though, looks awesome regardless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks nice, but I'd rather play this on a console than my PC.

firstly, whoever basically said it wasnt ingame video, it actually was ingame footage. they just took away the UI and flashied it up by giving a sort of spectator PoV "like when you die in some multiplayer fps games" and moved the camera around to make it more epic looking.

even without that its pretty impressive combat wise. I also like the armor looks like armor (in wow your plate chest piece is more like cloth and you can see yourself breath in it)

im not saying its gonna be better or kill wow, but it might provide a very attractive alternative to players. I hope they can deliver

---------- Post added 2010-08-20 at 12:38 AM ----------

oh and btw, gamescon has the demo for the game, here is a boss fight (its retardedly epic looking)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qk4t...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Wtf are you talking about too flashy? At least the spells/ abilities aren't just the same rendition and animation with just a different color (look at shadowbolt, firebolt, frostbolt, FFB, pyroblast and chaosbolt for example). All that "flashy" is to make you feel like you're actually doing something different. It's meant to be like whenever you press a button for a spell people will be like "Oh shit! That's cool!" not the boring bolt, cone, and circle-on-the-ground stuff WoW's got.
    Admit it, he's right. flashy just tries to divert your attention from the gameplay to the graphics. However, this game atleast has good concepts beind it, the devs are actually trying something different instead of "go kill X"!!! and that's why this should be supported, it's a much needed change to ditch the grind cause there is NO MMO WITHOUT GRINDING. Flashy things also spice the game up, if it isnt too much flash then it's alright, and that's what the devs are going for. also NCsoft are not the best company to make MMOs , their idea is quantity > quallity, the thing is, they're just the funders, the devs on the other hand are arenanet, which are a pretty decent company. Now, what they need to figure out that a generic plotline doesnt work anymore. " Kingdom X was attacked by Y, and Z's Parents were killed by Y's soldiers oh btw you're Z" That doesnt work. Depth and character are needed aswell. What they should add is an option in conversations where you can chose to be either a good guy or an ass, which should also have an effect who helps you, how the game retacts, how everything revolves. I dont know but happy elflike dyard sounds times worse then Psychotic Nature Bitch. What I am saying is, that they should allow people not only to be nobles who help the world get rid of t3h 3v1L dragon but also enable you to strike backdoor deals with the evil antagonists and such. Someone ordered you to hunt a clan of bad guys down? Bring the bad guys to your boss to show him who's boss. that plus required skills to handle the consequences of your actions will make this MMO shine.
    Last edited by Keller; 2010-08-20 at 09:26 PM.

while i agree extra flashy can be used to detract from gameplay, i found at least watching the demo shows the gameplay looks very solid even without the spell animations.

still dont think it will kill wow, but it has me quite intrigued.

there are three actually Charming; Ferocious and Dignity which can be built up (read the personality in gw2 Article). I'm assuming that you can be a chaotic evil sylvari and a lawful good char.

Oh and one big thing is that you can cast while moving and all evasion is player based (ie not a base "I have more pts in evasion than you watch me evade you")
    Last edited by Kaleina; 2010-08-21 at 02:59 AM.

This game looks loving epic. There's a great series of videos on gametrailers.com at the moment with GREAT quality cam. Seeing as it doesn't come out for a long time I think that gives me enough time just to enjoy Cataclysm's content then leave WoW forever. The concepts and the passion they're putting into this is great, and even better seeing as it's free. It looks like they are delivering on the dynamic events/quests which is great to see.

anyone have the feeling that the characters will be nonexistent and the plot will be cheesy?

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No, why would anyone think that.

If you are going to post something please explain why or it's rather pointless.

--

Btw. there's some neat writeup here -> http://gw2fans.com/content/
    Because most MMOs nowadays have a really shallow plotline. And let's not forget the chineese abominations with "Hey, Im in a little trouble here, please go kill riflemen, that'll really help" and also , the cinematics seemed to hint that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Because most MMOs nowadays have a really shallow plotline. And let's not forget the chineese abominations with "Hey, Im in a little trouble here, please go kill riflemen, that'll really help" and also , the cinematics seemed to hint that.
    well its german not chinese, and while i cant say anything concrete, its supposed to have a well developed plotline as well as a fleshed out dragon age origins'esque personal plotline.

Right in wrong. Elder Dragons have been in the lore since the start, their destroying of the world has been in the lore at least since May 2007, and the Shatterer (the dragon at the end of the video), god know how long, but seems like it was a thing that was only made up in some of the later stages of design.

Meh, i can't post any links with this few posts, but you should check out the gameplay footage from gamescom. I'm impressed and i didn't even like Guild Wars.

Im not trying to make GW2 look bad, im just trying not to overhype it, overhyping stuff is bad. Also , the attacks dont seem too wrong. The asura are a potential danger to the plotline tho. from my PoV. what I really would like to see from GW 2 is being able to be an ass to others. that gives me the most pleasure.

Also if they do manage to pull it off with a decent plotline it would override the sales for cata. it has amazing potential, but Im worried that they might screw up, not trying to make everything look dull. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Im not trying to make GW2 look bad, im just trying not to overhype it, overhyping stuff is bad. Also , the attacks dont seem too wrong. The asura are a potential danger to the plotline tho. from my PoV. what I really would like to see from GW 2 is being able to be an ass to others. that gives me the most pleasure.

Also if they do manage to pull it off with a decent plotline it would override the sales for cata. it has amazing potential, but Im worried that they might screw up, not trying to make everything look dull. =)
    Look at the demo footage from one of the german sites (the only one that isn't captured by a video camera) the graphics are a natural evolution of gw1's (not too demanding but looks great).
    OT
    the Asura are less of a threat than the Sylvari (who seem a bit too much mary sue to me). The asura are destructive little creatures with little to no ethics and a thirst for knowledge.
    Also there's the personality system where you can be any mixture of charming, dignified and ferocious. I'd think Dignified + ferocious = a complete ass.

The way the designers tried to promote the game made me interested in some ways, but then they started promoting the questing. "Gonna make it focus more on the player", not the "kill 10 boars in a forest" type of quests. What they literally explained was the same thing as Phasing in WoW. Now I'm not saying they are stealing the idea, cause everyone "steals"/get inspiration from the different things out there. I'm just saying that the Phasing thing is cool for a while, till ya hit that there quest that you need a group for. That is the time you suddenly notice that there aren't that many people around in the same Phase as you, they might be there before that village got attacked by acid spewing rabbits, or they might have saved the village already. Even Blizzard with Cataclysm (where they are going to use Phase more), they have expressed their feelings about not making it too frequent as that would ruin the whole MMO aspect of the game. Guildwars 2 might become a excellent game, but it feels like it is heading for a Singleplayer type of experience with the exception of when people are raiding together. Looking forward to the critiques and reviews, see how well they did.

Well hot damn. Last time I took a look at this game, it intrigued me, but nothing more. Now, I can't wait to see how this game turns out. High hopes!

Here is a 50 minute uncut game play video. http://vid.buffed.de/v/mvzjEXAUHA7/G...-2010-Folge-7/