Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Because most MMOs nowadays have a really shallow plotline. And let's not forget the chineese abominations with "Hey, Im in a little trouble here, please go kill riflemen, that'll really help" and also , the cinematics seemed to hint that.
    Why on earth would you say that when they specifically said otherwise? (the manifesto)

Also it would seem like you never played the original GW games the plotline is in your face, and is much more involved as in WoW where you pretty much only get involved in the plot when you are raiding.

Finally GW2 isn't an Asian MMO *AT ALL* it's being developed by a US company called Anet - I do agree some of the attacks have gotten a bit excessive and console like but still nothing like the asian MMO's.

--

Also for the people that say the dragon looks like Deathwing, well dragons look that way in GW (with the chin) just take a look at the Dragon called Glint from the original game from over 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Maklor; 2010-08-23 at 11:03 AM.

Im not trying to make GW2 look bad, im just trying not to overhype it, overhyping stuff is bad. Also , the attacks dont seem too wrong. The asura are a potential danger to the plotline tho. from my PoV. what I really would like to see from GW 2 is being able to be an ass to others. that gives me the most pleasure.

Also if they do manage to pull it off with a decent plotline it would override the sales for cata. it has amazing potential, but Im worried that they might screw up, not trying to make everything look dull. =)

I basically only followed this game during Gamescon and it looks pretty awesome. I would provide a link to the big dragon fight but I cant post links yet :<

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Im not trying to make GW2 look bad, im just trying not to overhype it, overhyping stuff is bad. Also , the attacks dont seem too wrong. The asura are a potential danger to the plotline tho. from my PoV. what I really would like to see from GW 2 is being able to be an ass to others. that gives me the most pleasure.

Also if they do manage to pull it off with a decent plotline it would override the sales for cata. it has amazing potential, but Im worried that they might screw up, not trying to make everything look dull. =)
    Look at the demo footage from one of the german sites (the only one that isn't captured by a video camera) the graphics are a natural evolution of gw1's (not too demanding but looks great).
    OT
    the Asura are less of a threat than the Sylvari (who seem a bit too much mary sue to me). The asura are destructive little creatures with little to no ethics and a thirst for knowledge.
    Also there's the personality system where you can be any mixture of charming, dignified and ferocious. I'd think Dignified + ferocious = a complete ass.

The way the designers tried to promote the game made me interested in some ways, but then they started promoting the questing. "Gonna make it focus more on the player", not the "kill 10 boars in a forest" type of quests. What they literally explained was the same thing as Phasing in WoW. Now I'm not saying they are stealing the idea, cause everyone "steals"/get inspiration from the different things out there. I'm just saying that the Phasing thing is cool for a while, till ya hit that there quest that you need a group for. That is the time you suddenly notice that there aren't that many people around in the same Phase as you, they might be there before that village got attacked by acid spewing rabbits, or they might have saved the village already. Even Blizzard with Cataclysm (where they are going to use Phase more), they have expressed their feelings about not making it too frequent as that would ruin the whole MMO aspect of the game. Guildwars 2 might become a excellent game, but it feels like it is heading for a Singleplayer type of experience with the exception of when people are raiding together. Looking forward to the critiques and reviews, see how well they did.

Quote Originally Posted by ledger View Post
    The way the designers tried to promote the game made me interested in some ways, but then they started promoting the questing. "Gonna make it focus more on the player", not the "kill 10 boars in a forest" type of quests. What they literally explained was the same thing as Phasing in WoW.

Now I'm not saying they are stealing the idea, cause everyone "steals"/get inspiration from the different things out there. I'm just saying that the Phasing thing is cool for a while, till ya hit that there quest that you need a group for. That is the time you suddenly notice that there aren't that many people around in the same Phase as you, they might be there before that village got attacked by acid spewing rabbits, or they might have saved the village already. Even Blizzard with Cataclysm (where they are going to use Phase more), they have expressed their feelings about not making it too frequent as that would ruin the whole MMO aspect of the game. Guildwars 2 might become a excellent game, but it feels like it is heading for a Singleplayer type of experience with the exception of when people are raiding together. Looking forward to the critiques and reviews, see how well they did.
    Newsflash it's already like that in the current version of GW so it's nothing new or stolen.

Dreadlord
    Well hot damn. Last time I took a look at this game, it intrigued me, but nothing more. Now, I can't wait to see how this game turns out. High hopes!