Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    apparently season 7 never happened and Ret+Other Plate teams didn't happen. Where Paladins would faceroll any other team...... When did you last pvp? Have you forgotten the moments of early LK? Have you? Go look at Season 7 2000+ ranked teams. I have, just to remind myself of all the Ret+Healer+Deathknight teams
    i wish people would fricken drop that, yes we were Op, but it was the start of WOTLK where all classes hadnt been nerfed / buffed, its the opposite now and anyone who thinks we are still like that needs to play a pally at 80 in pvp

all the people who got killed by a ret pally once in arena just QQ QQ QQ constantly about it.

Edit: Rets are " easy to play" because its FCFS, the only base rule is to keep sacred shield up and FOL, i find my paladin a heck of a lot funner to play than my mage or Dk, my mage is just spam frostbolt and counterspell, i prefer an enviroment which is constantly changing and you have to be good at it, i found that in a paladin, only problem is we rely too much on defense and bursts

Edit: ye, the guy below me has it right, the amount of resto druids at the moment is mad, me and my cousin ( 2v2 and 3v3 player) dont even attempt to kill them now, its a 100% loss rate for us against resto druids, he's an ench shaman and im protret, the burst isnt enough to dent them, nothing a swiftmend or lifebloom cant outheal.
    Last edited by Martyn 470; 2010-08-11 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    apparently season 7 never happened and Ret+Other Plate teams didn't happen. Where Paladins would faceroll any other team...... When did you last pvp? Have you forgotten the moments of early LK? Have you? Go look at Season 7 2000+ ranked teams. I have, just to remind myself of all the Ret+Healer+Deathknight teams
    Thats season 5. Go look at the number of locks mages priests rogues resto/balance druids warrs and shamans above 2k atm. and fyi, 2k is viable in 90% of setups

Quote Originally Posted by greengrower View Post
    im not here to argue, i was here to debate a class mechanics.
    If you think ret paladin at 70(for example, in 60-69 BG) is the same as retpaladin at 80 vs people in pvp gear, you are wrong.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

lol, the nerfs do look slightly heavy, but in all honisty pallys only have to sit on there damn keyboards to be good at pvp....as 1 poster said "the cheapest class in pvp"

nobody can deny how cheap pallys are at pvp. there designed for blind children to play.

and no im not QQ'ing that pallys are too OP, but they are very cheesey, and compared with other classes, they are much easier to PvP with.

such as....an idiot plays a pally who doesnt understand the full mechanics and gains lets just say a 1.4k arena rating.....now a player with alot of skill who knows his class very well, and he gains a 1.5k rating.

the above is just a hypothetical example.

ah duuurr durrr durrr, i are pvp'ing.. *bubble* *heal* *run away*, *heal some more* (3 v 1 pally) i are da best cos i are healing faster than you dps. oh u CC'd me, 1 mo let me use my arsenal of removing absolutly anything u throw at me. oh i have a disease and a magic debuff and a poison, lets use this all in 1 button to get rid of them all.

honistly paladins take what wud cost other classes time and effort along with 3 times as many buttons and roll it up in to single buttons.

just to reiterate, im not stating that pallys are, or ever were over powered. im stating that there a piece of piss to play in PvP in comparison with other classes. its something your gran might play because she doesnt have very fast reactions.

and yes i do have a pally, i stopped playing it at lvl 70 or so
    As a person with multiple classes including warrior rogue ret pally and dk i can confirm that you sir, are an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Possiblyreefer View Post
    Thats season 5. Go look at the number of locks mages priests rogues resto/balance druids warrs and shamans above 2k atm. and fyi, 2k is viable in 90% of setups
    ....and season 1..2...3..4....5...6.. wait a minute druids/warriors/priests/rogues/mages have ALWAYS been on top of arena, face it these classes are the only ones bliizard gives two craps about, look at priests now, retardedly OP disc or shadow its disgusting. HERP DERP LOOK AT SEASON 7, how about look at all of classic, bc, and end of wotlk, ret is shit and always will be shit, im done wasting my time with a class blizzard refuses to fix and simply bait and switches the entire class every single expansion with empty promises. I can say i enjoy my warrior a thousand times more then my ret simply because its easier to pvp with then having to deal with no utility, ret is simply frustrating to play in arena. OH BOY BUBBLE PLAET N HERLZ!!!!11 SO OP.
    Last edited by Lord_Zeromus; 2010-08-11 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Ahahaha

All of the FotM and scrubadins FINALLY get balance applied to their Fisher price kid's warrior class.

Enjoy Cata guys!

AHAHAH
    All of you FotM and trolls FINALLY get bans applied to their Kinda Surprise infractions.
    Enjoy the vacation fella! ~ Synthaxx
    Last edited by Chronalis; 2010-08-11 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Possiblyreefer View Post
    And you dont think fear whilst killing or draining is cheap. mana burn spamming and dispelling whilst having competitive burst is cheap. 10k shield slams in pvp is cheap. or shadow step ambush spam is cheap.
    well to start off, i only pvp with my lock and my rogue. and i would fully agree that fear is cheap, i say it every time someone fears me as for rogues, hmm ambush realy doesnt have much of a kick wen your attacking someone over 1k resi, but my rogue was my last char to ding 80 and hes behind on the gear ladder

you are also referring to a classes key abilities, such as fear or ambush, whereas i am referring to pallys on a whole, and there entire play style

P.S. this thread is about paladins, not my alts/main

I just want you folks to realize that anyone QQ'ing about how 'cheesy' or 'op' ret is, is probably a warrior.

All paladin specs totally reck warriors in a 1v1 situation without fail. Its a real piss off.

All that said. It looks like retribution spec will be worse off than any other spec in the game right now. You guys really aren't getting any compensation at all.

Also, it seems as though Blizzard is taking you down the same path as WotLK where you have an insane amount of burst (which you don't right on beta but you probably will) but you'll only have a window of about 3 seconds to dish it out in against casters.

With the reduction of the MS effects I've got a feeling healing is going to take a huge hit so pallies won't be made absolutely useless against them. The interrupt also helps. But they honestly need to start doing somethings to remove penalties on major class abilities.

I am talking, of course, about forebearance. I understand that pallies become to overpowered if bubble didn't reduce damage and avenging wrath can be used at the same time. But being shut out from the abilities for 2 minutes after usage is just stupid. On a happy note though, you guys are getting sudden death without RNG with hammer of wrath being usable during avenging wrath which gives you a bit more ranged viability.

I don't know what direction they should take retribution in. All I know is that it shouldn't be the direction its going in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zeromus View Post
    As a person with multiple classes including warrior rogue ret pally and dk i can confirm that you sir, are an idiot.

....and season 1..2...3..4....5...6.. wait a minute druids/warriors/priests/rogues/mages have ALWAYS been on top of arena, face it these classes are the only ones bliizard gives two craps about, look at priests now, retardedly OP disc or shadow its disgusting. HERP DERP LOOK AT SEASON 7, how about look at all of classic, bc, and end of wotlk, ret is shit and always will be shit, im done wasting my time with a class blizzard refuses to fix and simply bait and switches the entire class every single expansion with empty promises. I can say i enjoy my warrior a thousand times more then my ret simply because its easier to pvp with then having to deal with no utility, ret is simply frustrating to play in arena. OH BOY BUBBLE PLAET N HERLZ!!!!11 SO OP.
    I hate it SOOO much when people do this. Compare one spec of a class to other classes as a whole. Yes, retribution hasn't been at the top. Yet at the moment, one of the best players in the world is a retribution paladin.

At the same time, your guys' holy spec is the single most prominent spec in the game and has been without fail just because of how ridiculous your utility and healing is. Don't cry about a single spec when there's no class out there with all 3 specs perfectly balanced for arenas. Your prot spec is amazingly viable.

All the classes you have mentioned have, 90% of the time, had only one viable spec. During season 5, it was because of retribution and holy specs of paladins as well as death knights that those same classes were made absolutely useless.

You guys had your time in the limelight just a little too strongly and nerfs were most definitely needed. Its just that Blizzard thought that the burst niche was perfect for you when its only good for caster classes. You have 3 viable arena specs. You have your retribution spec to be the most powerful in battlegrounds by far. Once retribution is fixed for cataclysm, your class will be the single most perfectly balanced class in the game.

Truth be told you guys were never 'shit' in all of WotLK. Blizzard balanced you pretty well. Yes, the nerfs were a little harsh to the extent that you became nearly as reliant on your team partners as a warrior, but at the same time that's where you really shine. The amount of team defense a paladin brings along with infinite resources and great bursts allows you to play arena for what it is, a team battle. Those that know how to do it right end up doing it well. I reference, of course, the great Vanguards from whom you guys could take example.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2010-08-11 at 11:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

well to start off, i only pvp with my lock and my rogue. and i would fully agree that fear is cheap, i say it every time someone fears me as for rogues, hmm ambush realy doesnt have much of a kick wen your attacking someone over 1k resi, but my rogue was my last char to ding 80 and hes behind on the gear ladder

you are also referring to a classes key abilities, such as fear or ambush, whereas i am referring to pallys on a whole, and there entire play style

P.S. this thread is about paladins, not my alts/main
    If you're going to come in here bashing paladins you're only going to get bashed yourself what do you expect, common sense kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree completely, that said, anyone who goes " LOL BUBBLE" With 5 horde around them is an idiot, thats what gets on my nerves, there are bad pallys and good pallys, the bad pallys bubble in the middle of 5 horde, heals, then tries to kill a horde and dies.

a good paladin, in that circumstance, would either run away, or pop avenging wrath / divine protection and atleased do something.

I've found there's really only two problems with ret paladins in PvP.

1. Their burst against low resil targets. I'm not talking no resil, everyone has huge burst against that, I mean the people with 600-900 resil. If your undergeared paladins are a nightmare, but once you hit around relentless to wrathful their damage is laughable.

2. I've this is getting changed in cataclysm, but they can play offensive and defensive at the same time. They can deal their damage, but they also keep up sacred shield and do decent healing with flash of light. This is usually why people find Paladins OP, but really since they can't do either really really well, it only makes sense that they can do both.

Quote Originally Posted by windways View Post
    Ahahaha

All of the FotM and scrubadins FINALLY get balance applied to their Fisher price kid's warrior class.

Enjoy Cata guys!
    You're about two expansions too late, friend.

Too bad, there's no fast and easy way to have players get a <insert class here> and just have a BG going. Beta servers are no good place. More like a "insta BG with standard equipped class of choice". Then I'd like to see all those "haha you got what you deserved" guys playing the oh so OP classes. It would be a sight to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I've found there's really only two problems with ret paladins in PvP.

1. Their burst against low resil targets. I'm not talking no resil, everyone has huge burst against that, I mean the people with 600-900 resil. If your undergeared paladins are a nightmare, but once you hit around relentless to wrathful their damage is laughable.

2. I've this is getting changed in cataclysm, but they can play offensive and defensive at the same time. They can deal their damage, but they also keep up sacred shield and do decent healing with flash of light. This is usually why people find Paladins OP, but really since they can't do either really really well, it only makes sense that they can do both.
    fyi a little secret us warriors keep to ourselves, its just as easy to heal as a warrior as a pally 1v1 or even 2v1 in some cases, defense stance/shield->shield wall etc enraged regeneration etc etc.. Zzzz

What i don't understand is why is there so much scrub QQ about ret, but not druids and priests who are litterally invincible 1v1 and even 2v1 or 3v1, hell ive seen a wrathful resto druid tank 5 people.. totally balanced, but our BUBBLE IS OP OMG PROLONGING UR DEATH GTFO RAAAAGE!

(note i was ret before it was fotm hence my nerdrage about tards qqing about it.. we've been shit for so long and now everyone forgot lolret and only remembers DERP OP 3.0)
    Last edited by Lord_Zeromus; 2010-08-11 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by windways View Post
    Ahahaha

Enjoy Cata guys!
    Thanks for your insight, but you can drop the trolling now and maybe just MAYBE really try and contribute to the matter in question. And to Darkthunder's post: Yes those new abilities are nice and dandy, but everyone of those abilities require Holy power to use. And now we're back to the discussion of how you're gonna generate that HP when you can't even get to melee range while being kited etc.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If judgements return mana on absorbs in cata, I'll be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    That would be an improvement, but doesn't fix the underlining problems. :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamgee76 View Post
    lol the cheapest class in PVP is complaining, im sorry but for once since bc enjoy the nerfs to a class that is already horribly overpowered in pvp.
    They wont get fixed , why ^
    Deal with it troll hate you..
    reroll holy or prot or change you class
    Wana stay ret ? Deal with it !!

If you're going to come in here bashing paladins you're only going to get bashed yourself what do you expect, common sense kid.
    I'm noticing my post hasn't received any bashing.
    I hate being right sometimes. It's so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendy View Post
    They wont get fixed , why ^
    Deal with it troll hate you..
    reroll holy or prot or change you class
    Wana stay ret ? Deal with it !!
    i almost feel like my keys were logged reading this...

Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    I'm noticing my post hasn't received any bashing.
    I hate being right sometimes. It's so boring.
    Eh? Wasn't talking to you..

Quote Originally Posted by llubtoille View Post
    Welcome to world of the warriors =) No rage on absorb, no overpower if rend is absorbed, and for some reason crits won't generate extra rage in Cata.

On live I have a fair chance against retri palas, but in beta atm I only have a chance if my bugged blood craze procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

so far the only input iv seen you point towards me is abuse, you seem like the only child here....

this "kid" is sat at work bored looking through forums, and making posts, but unfortunately, some people cant actualy say anything useful, apart from your an idiot, or trying to belittle people by saying referring to them as "kid". "you sir," need to grow the hell up and think of something slightly more usefull to say regarding the thread.

i made a post on here, that wasnt trolling, it was my opinion of a paladin mechanics, some people actualy gave meaning ful responces that i cud reply to....you just came out arrogantly and might aswell have sed...."i dont wanna hear it, shut up please" that kind of attitude goes no were [I]mate[I]

EDIT: you dont say please do you