Alchemy + Mining = EPIC

I recently got my warrior's alchemy and mining to 450 and I gotta say, it is the best thing I have ever done. It's no herbalism and alchemy, but it's almost the same. If you spend about half an hour farming saronite in Sholazar, you would have enough for say... 10 titanium transmutes. While mining, you should have also picked up some titanium ores for some more bars and also some crystallized shadow and earth. Now all you need is the eternal fire. If you don't want to spend any money, while you are flying to Dalaran from Sholazar, swoop into the fiery part of Wintergrasp. Kill some of the elementals/revenants and get a couple eternals. (If you don't want to farm these, don't plan on flying etc., and you're desperate, use your daily transmute on [eternal x to eternal fire]) Smelt them to titansteel and you're done. 45 minutes of work results in 3-5 titansteel bars that sell for 70-80g each depending on your server. Pretty basic stuff I suppose, but the titanium transmute you get with alchemy REALLY speeds up the titansteel process. Have fun and post any suggestions etc. here.
    Last edited by Smalls; 2010-08-11 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Added the daily xmute eternal fire thingy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's my way to make gold. I actually do it a bit different. Saronite ores are cheaper on most of the servers atm. I find 40 ish stax for about 13g each so i buy em all or i buy them even more cheaper from farmers. Then i buy big amounts of eternals when the price is decent.

Buying the titanium bars is much cheaper than buying the saro ores on my server. Besides, this guide-thing is focusing on how to do it without buying anything. (I admit, I actually end up buying eternal fires and shadows because I don't mine/farm them enough)

Yep, that's pretty much all one alt is for. As the above guy said, with saronite so cheap now, you can usually just straight up buy it off the AH if you don't have time to farm one night or something.

If you use your daily transmute on shadow->fire instead of making an epic gem, you lose out on 100G. Which, on my realm at least, is 5 eternal fires.

Anyways, check your realm prices first. I was thinking of doing it on mine, but the profit made is minimal atm, at least if I buy and sell. I'd actually make a bigger profit on selling them as titanium bars rather than making titansteel, but I suppose it doesn't sell as well.

what do you can do with alchemy actually then ?

Deleted
    20 minute tournament daily for about 200g every day. I rather use a profession i like (engineer). Also have enchant so i can disenchant stuff i get from quests and instances. Its good amount of money, at least if we aren't on the end of an expansion.