Quick Grid Question

I call out battle rezes during raids (as well as many other warnings), and for a long time I've used the default unit frames. I like to be able to get as much info as possible at a glance, and with the default unit frames, it was much easier to see who was dead: their frame was transparent. With Grid though, all it does is say DEAD, which gets lost among all the rest of the text.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to set the color of the frame for those who have died to something that I can quickly recognize. Any way in basic Grid to do that, or are their additions to Grid I would have to get.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can set the transparency, border, or healthbar to respond to the "DEAD" and "GHOST" statuses - open the grid config, go to layout, then the indicator you want (transparency/opacity, border, unithealth, I think they're called), and check the "DEAD" and "GHOST" statuses.

I'm seeing none of this under the layout tab, or any other for that matter. I just updated Grid to be sure it was the current version as well. You're not talking about Grid2, are you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Grid2 is win, just upgrade to it, it's much much better.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Any way to transfer settings from Grid to Grid2? Or does it do it automatically? I kinda don't wanna go through that whole set up process again

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. They use an entirely different setting system, that isn't compatible.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 01:36 PM ----------

I actually had just reinstalled all my addons - and forgot to install a raid frame. I'm going to pop Grid in and find the options for you.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 02:24 PM ----------

Open the Grid configuration - /grid config
    Expand the "Layout" option on the left tree, and choose "Advanced". On the right side, I would suggest clicking the box for "Enable Health Bar Color indicator". Then go up to "Health Bar Color", and choose it to display the "Death Warning" and "Debuff: Ghost" statuses.

Then, go down to the "Status" option in the left tree and expand it. Select the color for "Death Warning" that you want it to use - this is the color that their healthbar will turn when they're dead - I suggest something obvious, like a bright purple (warlocks using a dark purple, and paladins use pink, and those are the closest colors to bright purple). This way, when they die, their HP bar looks "full" - but it's look full of a weird color.

You could also use "Frame Alpha" or "Border" in the frame section to use for that display. Not sure what the color option does with frame alpha, but you COULD set the border around their HP bar to turn something like bright white (or the aforementioned purple) to let you know they're dead.