Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Because since the release of ICC, a Strict guild is allowed to do ToC25 normal runs but not HC and it's one of/the best trinket he can get due to the lack of caster dps trinkets from ICC 10.
    /Gnuss, The Typhoon Struggle

I've played in a 10man strict guild up to ICC, and people only say it's easier because they've never done it before.

This stuff has gone all the way back to Karazhan, when guilds would challenge themselves to beat Karazhan without using anything other than the gear available up to that point. It's a great challenge for small, tight-knit guilds that have the talent of much larger guilds, but can't fill up the slots. I've always found it far more rewarding than 25-manning (with, quite literally, no recognition whatsoever) just because it is a legitimate raiding challenge that can be done with people you actually know or like. It appears we were ahead of the curve considering Cataclysm is now legitimizing 10-man strict raiding.

TL;DR Gratz but the best guilds in the World would wtfpwn 10man strict guilds if they chose to do it.
    I haven't seen a single person here or anywhere claim otherwise. Up to this point, 10-man strict guilds are a niche, and I think everyone understands this. Your comment is in no way constructive and attempts to diminish what is a significant achievement.

Grats OP...

To all the people laughing and trolling him ... well your gonna be upset when cata releases and your 25 man guild no longer exists and you'll have nobody to carry your sorry ass.
    Bubbles: Have a nice day, and go ____ yourself.

WOW.
    Everybody in this fucking thread are dipshits, learn to read.
    Thank you.

GZ on this btw, must have been very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    I think the point is more that the strict category eliminates a vast amount of the playerbase. If I'm correct, doesnt it also count for past tiers like ToC? Its an arbitrary addition of difficulty that results in a relatively small possible number of competitors, and determined by the players rather than the game or Blizzard. Thats why you get so many people not really considering this something to shout about.

Congrats to them for doing it though.
    Not nearly as much as you'd think russykh. Since almost all of them fall completely under the radar due to their niche status, most people just don't know about them. I know for most 10-man strict guilds, they are mostly made up of alts who did competitive raiding on their mains, usually on other servers. No one knows who they are, they do no advertising whatsoever to recruit new members, nor do they have a website. They are groups of friends with a pioneering spirit, looking for a new challenge.

You people who spit on their achievement do so out of little more than ignorance. It is an achievement worth being lauded, and as someone who didn't think any 10-strict guild would end up killing Heroic LK, I congratulate them. Come Cataclysm, I'm sure you all will get the props you deserve .

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    haha, funny. soon there will be "world first LK 10 hm 9 man", "world 1st lk 10 hm without mage", "world 1st LK 10hm without teamspeak", etcpp. no congratulations. btw, did they use the 30% buff? sure they did. so how strict is that, if they want to be strict?!

*yawns*
    countless guilds, my own included already take people in and sell them the Bane of the Fallen King for substantial fee. The person paying dies instantly at the beginning of the fight so they technically are 9 manning it. I wouldnt be suprised if guilds better than my own are perhaps even taking 2 people to sell them it and make more money so would be 8 manning it. In 277 gear and the 30% fight its depressingly easy.

Good job on the kill, granted people will be whining about 30% buff and the time to farm all of the 4x 264 tokens and 264 heroic items a week but at the end of the day keeping all the raiders in line to keep on the strict ladders must be a difficult task considering there already is so little to do in the game that cutting off 50% of potential raids to them must be difficult work.

Quote Originally Posted by navai View Post
    keeping all the raiders in line to keep on the strict ladders must be a difficult task considering there already is so little to do in the game that cutting off 50% of potential raids to them must be difficult work.
    Truthfully, it's more that they opted out of 25-man raids to begin with. You'll not go far with guildmates and raiders who fidget and grate their teeth constantly at wanting what's forbidden. If they want something the guild doesn't offer, why are they in the guild in the first place?

How is this any harder than when people did normal 10man kills with the buff only at 20% or below, am I missing something here; is this without the 30% buff?

edit* I meant "normal" 10man kills as in non-strict heroic 10man kills

Quote Originally Posted by Seolla View Post
    How is this any harder than when people did normal 10man kills with the buff only at 20% or below, am I missing something here; is this without the 30% buff?

No, this kill is with the 30% buff, which makes making a big fuss about it a bit strange.

I killed Heroic Lich King 10man on my alt which had a single item (the rep ring) above ilvl 264, the rest of the group were similarly geared alts with maybe one or two ilvl 277 epics here and there ... and this was months ago with 10% or 15% buff.

You can be sure the extra 15-20% buff more than makes up for any handicap a "strict" 10man guild might have.

Heck, it's almost certain some alt group with solely ilvl 264 gear managed to kill it before these guys, they just didn't realize some might consider it a big accomplishment.

I suspect the reason we had to wait for a strict 10man kill for so long is simply the fact that most skilled players want to raid 25mans, because that's where the greatest challenge is.. 10mans are simply a lot easier (with maybe a couple of bosses where the 10man version might be more challenging).

Now, at this point some people like to yell "Hey, of course you find 10mans easier.. you're overgearing them", but no, that's not really true. I have loads of alts and I can say that ICC25man normal/heroic with 264/277 gear is definitely harder than ICC10man with 251/264 gear. The same can be said about the previous raid tiers.

This is something Blizz will have to work on in Cataclysm, they have to make 10mans harder. I suspect they will be a lot closer to 25mans in Cata, but having just 10 people often limits what kind of abilities you can give to bosses. 25mans won't die, because they will be what the challenge seeking raiders want to do.. and all the best guilds in the world will be raiding them.

Now, all that said, grats to these guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seolla View Post

Why do people keep bumping this thread? Most of the posts in it are extremely old.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Why do people keep bumping this thread? Most of the posts in it are extremely old.
    A month is not extremely old. And besides, people have stuff they want to add?

WOW.
    Everybody in this fucking thread are dipshits, learn to read.
    Thank you.

GZ on this btw, must have been very hard.
    You realise that in that comment you are including yourself along with people that were part of the kill?

Deleted
    Similarly unimpressed with this, as others have said hundreds of people have killed this on alts with bad gear indeed the last character I did this with was on a horribly geared ret Paladin. The first time I did it was with a Warrior alt with very few 25 man items months ago. The fact that they persevered with not doing 25 man content is admirable but who actually believes they dont raid 25's on alts? If these guilds are made specifically for strict content how is it impressive when, you would expect at this point, they have already killed it in other guilds and if not, why not? (bads).
    Last edited by mmoc20a281d1e5; 2010-09-11 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to them!