Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just don't use it? I don't know what you'll say to some of your friends when they ask for it. I would feel kind of shitty lol

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I just don't get it. Maybe I'm wrong about this.
    Anyone else follow this train of thought, or am I stupid?
    Umm when you post a sentence like this, You are inviting people to insult you on a personal level. You literally asked them if you are stupid, how can you possibly get upset when they answer with "Yes you are!!"

And to be honest if you don't understand that then you really are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave my e-mail address to maybe 3 friends in my guild, but i have more than 3 realID friends. The Friend's friends list is pretty useful.

Remember that you CAN'T see the e-mail adress of your friends, only their name. So a hacker getting your account could only see their names and character names(if they are online) They still need the e-mail and password (and authenticator number in my case) to actually hack your friends account.

As the new loggin message says, stop having the same password for all your things online and you probably never will be hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDesertDragon View Post
    Are your friends hackers who want to do you harm?
    No, but there are people that I meet in game that I would like to keep in touch with, but not have to give out my real name to. For example, it would be nice to keep in touch with cool people that you meet who might play a few different characters by using an online handle rather than my real name.

I think that Blizzard is skipping a few steps with their system. Personally, I think the RealID system is basically useless in its current state. The only people that I'd give permission to add my RealID are the people I don't need to because we're all on a vent server or using Skype.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play all that often on my main server, with there being nothing new to do for at least the next 4 pr 5 months (assuming Cata comes out at the end of this year).

RealID stops me from alting over and wasting time running laps in Dalaran.

It also has let me keep in touch with buddies while rocking out to SC II, which I've been doing a lot of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    RealID is only for real life friends.
    Or for those who you've playing with for many years,
    and really trust them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball2452 View Post
    No, but there are people that I meet in game that I would like to keep in touch with, but not have to give out my real name to. For example, it would be nice to keep in touch with cool people that you meet who might play a few different characters by using an online handle rather than my real name.

I think that Blizzard is skipping a few steps with their system. Personally, I think the RealID system is basically useless in its current state. The only people that I'd give permission to add my RealID are the people I don't need to because we're all on a vent server or using Skype.
    Pretty much this.
    Anyone who says that using RealID, even if it's with RL people, isn't a safety flaw, just doesn't know what they are talking about.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Imagine this guys reaction when Bizzard were going to put our real names on the forums LOL