10+ Year Old Account

RealID - No privacy

Hi,

I've starded using the RealID battle.net feature, adding my IRL friend, so they can contact me if I'm playing SC2 or on another server. I think it's a good feature and all, but I feel I've kinda lost my privacy IG. If I'm playing SC2 I'd rather not get spammed for doing this and that ingame, and when I play on one of my alts on another server, I'm also expected to log to my main and assist them with whatever.

Is there anyway to "disable" the feature, so my RealID mates temporarily can't see if I'm online?

(Also, sorry if there already is a thread about this, didn't check ^^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. There is no way to. Just set yourself as busy and hope for the best.

No, sadly there isn't. Aside from messing with it in the parental controls on battle.net.

Blizzard put a lot of work into RealID so they could leave important features like that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

You would have to go into your parental controls and completely disable the RealID feature in order for that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

yepper its a double edged sword mate.
    The greatest question of all time: If you encountered a big red button with a sign that says DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON....would you press it? i sure as hell would...who could resist a button like that? No one thats who...and if they say they wouldnt...theyre dirty liars and you should slap them with a pickle.

Learn to say no. If you are doing something else, then your friend can wait. Unless it's something serious, then they shouldn't have a problem with it. If he does, you can always remove him from your RealID friends (I assume you can anyway).

Not a perfect fix, but part of RealID is bringing real life relationships into games, and none of that is ever perfect.

It kinda sucks as now the guild knows all my bank alts/AH farmers, or if I'm just trying to chill out on an alt, for some time out. Not because I gave my RealID to everyone, just it doesn't take long for the few that do and the word to spread

It's really not that complicated

Whenever I go ingame and wish to be left alone I toggle DND. People might still whisper me but I do not answer since "Do Not Disturb" is pretty self-explanatory. At least that's how I do it. In my book it's not rude not to reply when you are DND. Some might even state that it IS rude to whisper someone with a DND tag.

Also! Be more careful who you add as RealID friend. People tend just to add away and I don't think that was the purpose of the function.
    Last edited by Zhira; 2010-08-11 at 07:07 AM. Reason: typos

I only have a few real life friends on my RealID and those were only the people that I knew wouldn't constantly bother me so I think the best way to avoid your issue is only add people you know you won't get annoyed by or people you're ok with getting annoyed by.