Thread: fps issues

fps issues

hey there

im just curious,often when i play ill get a fps sitting at 15-20 in raids and dalaran on my computer but ocasionally it will jump way up to 45+. im just curious if anyone can give me an estimate of how well my computer should run with the following spec.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz
    RAM 3GB (im thinking of upgrading this, anyone know if it will help?)
    OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit
    VIDEO CARD: GeForce 9500M GS

i mean its pretty decent but im not sure, games like counter strike, half life, l4d, CoD4 run better then wow which really throws me off.
    any help would be well apreciated.

What type of settings do you generally run the game on?

Props to Rockhorn for the awesome sig!

usually its low to low-medium

short view distance, no shades, low enviroment detail, no weather effects

Quote Originally Posted by arrav View Post
    i mean its pretty decent but im not sure, games like counter strike, half life, l4d, CoD4 run better then wow which really throws me off.
    FPS in raids and idling in Dalaran depends on your CPU speed, not graphics card. That's why most 3D games run lot faster than WoW in typical gaming PC. Your FPS is totally normal, and going up from 3GB will not give any notable speed boost.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, the fact that you get 15-20fps on that machine in raids and Dalaran is quite amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Frankly, the fact that you get 15-20fps on that machine in raids and Dalaran is quite amazing.
    With "short view distance, no shades, low enviroment detail, no weather effects" it will
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    With "short view distance, no shades, low enviroment detail, no weather effects" it will
    The majority of those effects are GPU based (some CPU in view distance, though). I'm just surprised the CPU can handle the raw number crunching of raid combat (25-man? I don't think the OP said).

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    The majority of those effects are GPU based (some CPU in view distance, though). I'm just surprised the CPU can handle the raw number crunching of raid combat (25-man? I don't think the OP said).
    yes it is for 25 mans, 10 mans are usually a bit better (all i can say is screw you marrowgar)

my biggest reason for asking this is becaise when i bought this computer i used a website called system requirement labs (can you run it) and wrath of the lich king was seemingly blown out of the water. if anyone wants the site i can lin it, its kinda cool.

also, any suggesgtions for increaseing fps?