Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Dead and the Living. [Private SRP]

(( End'ghao, Aalena, Morzath and Drakir are welcome. ))

Though Morzath had gotten a letter, stating that Xana would be gone for a three days time, the quiet Scholomance wasn't exactly what he was used to. Though many preparations required his attention, he didn't seem able to commit his soul to it. There was something big underway, and everyone at Scholomance could sense it, being dead or living. Behind the dropped portcullis, arcane energies seemed to slowly gather themselves, indicating that someone was going to be portaling there shortly.

In a flash of blue light, Xana stepped out of the wall, looking to opening the portcullis. The Draenei's expression was serious, there was something that had to be done, and it could only be done one way, this way. The young Draenei had chosen to wear something that wasn't usually her style. It was a long white dress, reaching just above the ground, where a pair of sandals could be seen. Walking slowly, without taking notion of any commotion she was headed towards Morzath's room. For some reason, Xana knew that she would be able to find him there, waiting for her.
    Knocking the door, Xana pushed it open with a gentle gesture, peaking inside before entering the room wholly. "Master Morzath, I have returned. Before you say anything, there is something that I must ask you" Their eyes met, Xana seemed to be dead serious, a side of her he had never seen to the same extent as now. This was important to her, showing her master exactly how much she cared for him, exactly what she would do, to see him happy.. "To become elven again, to breathe and smell life. To be able to taste the flavors of the world, would you risk losing everything you hold dear? Would you be able to make a sacrifice so big, that life could return to you?..."
    Xana held a minor pause, spending the time to look at Morzath.
    "For, I have made that possible."
    Stretching out her hand, a vial in a golden chain was hanging from her fingertips. The liquid inside was golden, yet transparent. It seemed to constantly shift, as if it was trying to reach for Xana, or the few sunrays that entered the door behind her.

Morzath was glad that Xana was home, but disconcerted that she was so serious. This was not like her. Still, she offered him a chance to fufill his greatest wish. Caught up in that, he stammered, "I... I would. I wish for you to have a family you always wanted... not a corpse, but a living, breathing being. I will gladly make any sacrifice for this."

Gently lifting the vial out of her hand, he stared at it with wonder. The magics emenating from the vial were almost blinding for him and his magically gained eyes. "Is this a vial of the new Sunwell? It must be..."

((This hurts Have fun though! ^^))
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    ((even zombies need a lil love once in awhile))

((Aalena now lives in Xana's head. Yay me!))

((Will join in as soon as I finish Drakir's bio. Keep fiddling with it as was ending up to much like Sora.))
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

Deleted
    The young Draenei nodded. "That is exactly what it is. Though, a sacrifice must be made for you to return to the living.. This sacrifice will be chosen by your heart, once you empty the vial.." With a gently gesture, the chains were removed and the vial handed over to Morzath.
    "Regardless of what happened, you'd always be my family, my father.. I did this, so that you would.. be happy"

"I thank you..."

With that, Morzath unstoppered the vial, and drank it. Almost imediately after that, he felt pain. Severe pain. The holy energies of the Sunwell were burning the curse of undeath off of him so powerfully that he felt he had been thrown into the deepest pits of the elemental plane of Fire. Slowly, he began to withdrawl into himself, and slowly drift off...

only to be brought back into his body once more. Morzath sat up, his heart pumping vigorously and his breathing ragged from the pain he just experienced but he was alright. Wait...

Blinking, he raised his hands, looking at them. They were not the claws of his undeath, but pale, elven hands. He recognized his breathing and his heart, remembering their sensations when he was alive. He quickly scrambled to the nearest mirror, viewing his old face being reflected to him. The only difference was his gray hair, obviously a memento of the stresses of his time as one of the undead.

"Xana... I... I cannot thank you enough... I.."

Looking over to where she was, he saw a heart-wrenching sight...

Deleted
    The young Draenei had begun to fade rapidly. From her small fingertips, small pieces of what looked like silver chippings dropped slowly. Dusting through air, as if they were feathers, they disappeared just before touching the ground. Morzath would recognise this, as life slowly ending. Xana coughed lowly, before a smile returned to her face. It was clear that she was in some sort of pain, yet she seemed happy.
    "The sacrifice has been made. That, wich stands your heart dearest, will cease to exist.." Xana held a short pause, only stopped because she would have to hurry, if he was to know everything.
    "I have been sacrificed. When you drank the vial, I already knew what was to come.. I gave you my life" Growing fainter by the minute, her voice also slowly lost power. Morzath could see right through her now, seeing the objects on the other side. Slowly streching her hand, ready to touch his cheek she continued.
    "Morzath.. I.."
    Tears slowly emanated in the corner of her eyes, fear became apparent, painted over her entire expression. Even so, Xana was still smiling.
    "I love you.."
    With those words, Xana completely disappeared, just before she'd have managed to touch him. Ceasing to exist, dead.. The white dress was released from the air, and slowly dropped to the ground. The sound of parchment dropping to the dungeon hall reached his ears. Inside the dress, he would find a parchment, adressed to him.. from Xana.

Morzath broke into tears, the first tears in seven years. Slowly, he reached into the dress to find an envelope. Slowly opening it, he found a note.

Dear Morzath..
    Reading this, I no longer reside in this world. My quest to bring you back to life, has come to the expense of mine.
    When you took me in, you gave me life, a reason to live. You gave me a family and a loving father. You've always been there when I needed you, and I've valued you more than anything...
    When I was told what the cost of your life might be, I wasn't scared. I knew what you wanted the most, I knew what you deserved. I did this, knowing the outcome. I've granted you my life, my everything, in the hope that you will create an empire, our empire. The place where birds can fly free, and the Draenei, Trolls, Orcs, Undead, Gnomes, Elves and humans alike can find peace..

Now Morzath, live your life, for the both of us.

Xana.

P.S: Your cooking still sucks.

He hiccuped, a depressed man's version of a laugh, at the last line. Though it helped some, he still felt tremendous guilt and sadness at what happened. Morzath never wanted his life at the expense of Xana's. He was too cought up in the promise of life to realize what could... did happen.

The least he could do would be to honor her memory, with a funeral.

((What a twist!))
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

It would have to be done, for Morzath to even take one step forward. He immediately went to his office, to compose letters to Arygos, Meraena, Drakir and Velanaa. They would want to know what had happened, seeing as the young girl had had an impact on their life, just like she had had an impact on his own..
    Then, he began to manufacture a small white coffin, that would match the size of her dress. It was the only thing that still indicated how large Xana had been.. Or rather, how small. It hurt him that the thing he had sacrificed was the one thing he couldn't properly live without. Though, Xana had counted on him to establish their dreams, and he would honor her last wish..

The place he dug the grave was in the woods Xana usually looked at from the top of Scholomance. This was the only place that had been cleared by plague, and it had been done by herself. It wasn't far from the water, and the place grew many beautiful flowers, white red and yellow. It was her favorite place.

It had been a fortnight since he sent the leters, the day that they were all supposed to come for her funeral. The coffin was to be placed in a small tomb Morzath had created, made entirely of white marble. Intricately designed, it reminded one of the beautiful architecture of the Titan ruins in the Storm Peaks of Northrend.

In front of it, his head bowed, Morzath wore unadorned black robes, symbolizing his grief, waiting for those he contacted to come.

((Now sure if me and Saerwen were to continue here, but I'll start.))

The void. An endless expanse of darkness surrounded them. Two beings stood in its centre. The sole creators of what illuminated this space. It was silent and cold. Standing there was a Draenei child, and opposite her, and aged Draenei woman. "Your end was too brief, child. You seem to have abandoned hope...", spoke the elder priestess, in her continuous, melodic voice. The void did not consume it, but the space around them made the statement continuously echo. Echo into the darkness.

The day was dark, a cold wave of darkness permeated the surrounding hills. Meraena walked out, a cold breeze blowing her black dress. She had a black hat on, netting wrapped around her face, a scar on her upper forehead. She passed graves, the rain beginning to fall from the dark sky.
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Looking up, Xana's eyes met Aalena's. Exactly where they were, was unclear, yet this seemed to be the place you pass. It would be an awful place to be alone, Xana was glad someone was there with her, giving life to the darkness. If that was even a possibility. "You know why my life has ended, Aalena. Morzath wanted to return to the living, that he may forge peace. In his heart, my master was afraid he would inflict terror upon friends. The commotion of having the dead leading the living would've jeopardised the paradise we were dreaming of. Morzath gave life to me, I merely gave it back."
    Xana's appearance shifted, slowly she grew to take the appearance of the young woman she would've become. Long dark hair, shining warm eyes. Curves, height, everything seemed to be fitting.
    "Besides.. I love Morzath. The suffering he has gone through has been tormenting my heart. I've thought of him, in the cold nights where I've been laying awake, sleepless.."
    A smile slowly slid over her lips, it seemed to be a strong resolve.
    "Though, that is not what is most important to me. The smile, the joy when he returned to life.. The happiness of feeling every heartbeat, tasting every ounce of air.. That alone, would be enough for me to do it again."..
    Now Xana turned to the darkness, greeting Aalena to follow.
    "This place, it is the void, right? This is where your true home is, where you would've gone, had you not stuck with me?"
    Taking a few steps, Xana turned again to look at Aalena.
    "I'm glad you're here with me.. at least I won't suffer eternal loneliness..."

"But you are not to suffer, child. As Velen's prophecy had stated, you would live on. I am merely here to fulfill it.". Aalena look a slight pause, the expression upon her face seeming slightly uplifted, "I stated I would be here within your darkest hour. The time has passed. You are to return, for the Light has plans for you...". The Grand Anchorite's voice getting quieter by the moment, till it slowly faded away, as did she. Xana was to return.

Deleted
    "Return, in the name of the light? I thought the light had guided me here.. Aalena?" There was no response, now Xana was truely alone. Yet, the words seemed to have a melodic ring, as the echoes of the whispers returned with that very sentence. Deep in the dark, a tiny candle had started to burn. As Xana walked towards it, she realised something. Just before the candle burns out, it emits the strongest light and the warmest flame.
    "Morzath.. Wherever you are, know this... I will find my way.. home"

A roar of unprecedented force shook the ground around the small party. A shadow came over all of them as the figure of a dragon passed in front of the sun. He circled above them all, inspecting them all.

A sudden feeling of hope came to Morzath, though it almost instantly dissapeared. He looked to the sky, rain hitting his upturned face. After looking for a couple minutes, he again bowed his head. He wished for a few more people to get here, before he began the ceremony.

Velanaa arrived. Her usual white robes changed for a darker colour. Misery and grief was present on everyone's faces, as the sky cried tears.