Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Morzath sighed. It appeared as if this was everyone. He walked to the side of the coffin, and coughed, getting everyone's attention. "Friends, we are.. we are gathered here today to mourn the loss of Xana, a draenei orphan... Bitter, from the loss of her family, she cared not for her life... When I found her, she was sneaking out of the Exodar, just to see the moons in the sky... When I visited her orphanage, she slept in a prison cell, not a room. Since I freed her, she has done much to change the lives of everyone she met... She was... truly, a great person, and a great daughter..."

"Please, pay your final respects to that which remains of her."

With that, Morzath stepped aside, prefering to go last.

When everyone payed their respects, Morzath walked up to the casket. He tried to think of eloquent words, but none came. After sobbing silently for a few minutes, all he did was place a hand on the side of the coffin, and whispered "I love you..."

With shaking hands, he cast a spell. The coffin rose into the air, and entered the pristine vault. Setting it down gently, he waved his hand, and the doors closed and sealed. Sobbing, he made his way back to the Scholomance.

~~~

Two weeks later, Morzath had not improved. He had tried everything to forget what had happened. The normally dreary Scholomance had been completely refurbished, a futile attempt by Morzath to make himself think about less grim subjects. Instead of a crypt, it reminded one of a castle. The dark tapestries of the Cult of the Damned were replaced with a new banner, depicting a silver phoenix rising from a mountain. The broken upper mansion had been rebuilt, once again a beauty. In Morzath's study were numerous bottles of various wines and liquors, an attempt at drinking his depression away. Nothing helped.

He was yet again in his study, now trying to use art as a way to focus his attention elsewhere. Despite focusing on the canvas, he kept thinking about Xana, and the terrible fate he forced her through... It was his fault she was gone...

Deleted
    Breathe, breathe... You've got to breathe..

The entire mansion was shaking heavily as if an earthquake had errupted right under it. Magical powers so dense that they could be seen drawing out from the surrounding ley-lines were feeding something, somewhere in the mansion.
    Opening her eyes, the Draenei had no clue where she was, or who she was. High fever, she was sweating immensely into the bed she was lying in. Weak, trembling, hungry and thirsty. What was this place, and what was happening..?
    Laying in what was Morzath's chambers, the unknown girl was breathing heavily, clearly needing care. Unable to speak any language, like a newborn, she was making unintelligeble sounds to crave attention to herself.. from anyone, or anything...

the sudden quakes and flare of his more arcane senses caused him to jolt, a long line of red trailing across the painting, though he couldn't see that. Temporarily blind (on account of his eyes), Morzath stumbled around his study. Soon enough, the quakes subsided, and the levels of energy lowered to regular levels, and he could see again. Despite his blindness for that period of time, he could obviously tell where the energy was being collected. Someone, or something, was in his quarters, doing who knows what.

When he was outside the door, he heard strange sounds, coming from inside. The sounds were feminine, and reminded him of an infant. Opening the door, he saw a draenei on his bed... she looked familiar...

With a gasp, Morzath realized who she was. How did Xana return to him? Elation filled him, and just as suddenly, it disappeared as he realized she was grievously ill. Rushing to the bed, he put her under the covers. With a wave of his hand, he conjured a bucket of ever-chilled water, and a piece of cloth. Folding the cloth, he soaked it in the bucket, and laid it across her forehead. Moving his chair to the side of the bed, he sat down, gently holding her hand in comfort.

Deleted
    Mumbling in Eredun, Xana was clearly out at a stage where she would be unable to make any proper sense. "Dark... Sargeras.. Spirit.. Nether.. Light.." Shaking, Xana was making movements as if she was to vomit, but due to not having anything in her stomach it remained at the movement combined with some pained growls. Reciting something her mother had said many years ago, Xana at least seemed to have somewhat of her memories, deep down.

Morzath gripped her hand a little tighter, brushing the other one over her cheek. "Hush.. It's alright... It's alright..."

Conjuring a glass of water, he raised it to her lips. "Drink.."

Deleted
    Clutching the glass, though weak, seemed as if she would never let go of it. It was clear to everyone that she had been thirsty, extremely thirsty.. At that point, Morzath mustve noticed. The magic around her, seemed to have side effects. Not only did it cause her to become extremely exhausted, sick and weak, but she also seemed to.. grow?
    Still mumbling, her eyes flickered around the room, and she seemed scared.
    "Dark.. cold, voices.. spirit, offerings, sacrifice!"

Her extreme thirst was gratifying, somewhat. If she was worse, she would not have wanted it. After she drained the glass, Morzath refilled it, pressing it to her lips again. The magic around her intrigued him, but also worried him. If she was growing at a rate that was fairly visible, she would be using up energy. Quickly, he conjured a plate of sweetrolls, the same thing she ate on her first day of training, many years ago.

still holding her hand in a comforting gesture, he took one of the rolls and offered it to her, saying "shhh... It'll be alright..."

Deleted
    Closing her eyes, Xana rejected the sweetrolls. The stomach of the youngling was in chaos, and as such eating something wasn't in her interest, even if she was hungry beyond anything she had been before. The mumbling continued with almost the same words, over and over again, untill she seemed to decide to rest.. Stopping her stream of talking, the eyes flickered around, before she closed them. The fever was getting stronger slowly, yet she seemed to gain strenght.
    "Alor, An'haka tor emen"

He put the sweetroll back on it's tray. Though most wouldn't understand the language Xana spoke, Morzath knew what she said. Smiling, he replaced the cloth on her forehead, and hugged her, conveying as much emotion as he could through the simple gesture. Letting go, he waved his hand, and muttered "Sleep, little one... I love you...". Magic flowed from his palm to Xana, who seemed to calm down more. Her breathing was more calm and regulated, at any rate.

Deleted
    Overnight Xana's hair had grown long and wild, she had begun getting female forms, and her height had increased to the point where she was in her middle teens. The growth had stopped, and her fever had gone down. Now she just seemed confused. Xana's sentences were making more sense now though, and the Draenei was speaking Eredun fluently, for a change. "Where am I? Who are you? Where's my brethren?"...
    "Don't I know you?.. Mor..."

Her questions worried Morzath for a few moments, but he quickly realized she had lost her memory. Smiling, he softly said, "It's Morzath, little one, and you certainly know me, though you seem to have lost your memory. As for where you are, this is the Scholomance, where necromancers used to study. Now, it's been changed for another purpose, namely as our home. You've been my apprentice in the arcane arts for many years now.."

Deleted
    "I don't remember anything.. My head is hurting. What has happened?"
    Looking at Morzath, Xana seemed to be quite ill, yet far from being in a dangerous condition. It was more just a fever, bad tummy and a headache worth thousands of gold.

His expression soft, Morzath said "You gave me a vial of the Sunwell, which restored my life, and possibly enhanced it... but the cost was you. You... ceased to exist, for a time. I buried what remained, your white dress, and after a couple weeks... a strange anomaly occured, and you reappeared..."

"Are you certain you don't remember any of it?"
    he asked, summoning the goblet of water again, silently asking if she needed a drink.

Deleted
    "I only remember darkness.. Pain, cold. Very cold. Yet, for some reason, I was happy with something I have done. Green eyes were watching me. Then a voice, someone I know.. Aalena?" Xana hugged the pillow, making sure she was keeping herself warm.
    "Thats all I remember.."

Morzath raised an eyebrow when he heard Aalena's name mentioned. "The draenei woman from Tanaris? Hmm..." That was definately an interesting bit of information.

"Well, what matters is that you're back, safe and sound, and I can finally stop cleaning and drinking... ugh..."

Deleted
    "I died.." Xana muttered in a low voice. Slowly she could remember few things of what happened. "My life didn't end, my life was given on.. Yet I am here? I don't understand.."

"There are facets of magic which are entirely unknown to us. Perhaps this was one of those. Perhaps Aalena had something to play in this.."