Thread: Worgen Druids?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Heres the explanation....Gilneans can be druids for some strange reason. Here is the reason: They have the powers from the druid tree, but this is a mystery for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically the first worgen on azeroth were summoned by night elf from another demension with a scyth. So they've been around druids for awhile
    But i was asking about how the worgen race start as Human druids not worgen druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pugsy, people said that the human druids of Gilneas are mages that started to study the wildlife when the gilnean crops were insufficient for the Gilneans. They are some sort of wild mage, mix of botanist, mage and scientist. When this "nature/wild mages" meet the kaldorei, they become real druids.
    CHINA CALLED, THEY WANT THEIR WALL BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda View Post
    The guy was a freakin' Guardian. He gets a free pass here. Besides, the whole raven thing is symbolic.

Also he's not exactly Human ... saying that there are Human druids in WC3, as if it were some sort of institution, is a bit misleading.
    correct. Medivh is no longer human and hasn't been for a while. he's an Eternal. plus even before he was an Eternal the man was an Archmage(and obviously a Mage by virtue), a Diviner, a Sorcerer, a Warlock, and a Wizard, at least. believe it or not there are distinctions between all of these in warcraft lore.

dude basically learned any and all forms of magic he could study in any format. it's not out of the realm of possibility that he's studied Divine, Druidic, or even Elemental magic as well. my personal bet is that Medivh made a passable priest, druid, and shaman before he even died. and after THAT happened the man was raised as an Eternal giving him even more magic as his disposal.

at this juncture he more than likely makes even Jaina look like an amateur, he's possibly even surpassed his mother in pure magical ability

so yeah. medivh can shapeshift, deal with it
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsy View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked already.

Worgen Druids start out as Human druids does that mean that Humans can be druids in the World....of Warcraft? Maybe not playable but just in game as npcs or lore or whatever.
    To answer your question: yes and no. There are many human cultures and nations in this game. The playable humans are from Stormwind. The playable worgen are from Gilneas. Two separate cultures. So humans can be druids, but only Gilnean humans and not (yet) Stormwind humans. According to new lore, there are human druids. They are not nature mages. Mages are arcanists. They are practitioners of druidic magic, and they refer to themselves as druids. But these human druids are not druids in the sense of the Druids of the Wild of the night elf tradition. These druids are more akin to the ancient Celtic druids (but with magic). But this archaic order of human druids almost went extinct. (I have theories as to the origin and decline of the human druids.) The order became prominent following a famine in Gilneas. These druids were able to make the crops grow. They are not mages who learned nature magic because of a famine. They are druids, keepers of the old ways. And thus far, this ancient order has only revealed to have survived in Gilneas. This human druidic tradition likely has its origins to the earliest times of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemotucu View Post
    Pugsy, people said that the human druids of Gilneas are mages that started to study the wildlife when the gilnean crops were insufficient for the Gilneans. They are some sort of wild mage, mix of botanist, mage and scientist. When this "nature/wild mages" meet the kaldorei, they become real druids.
    This is directly contradicted by actual in-game quest text. In fact, the first quest of Gilnean druids.

Healing Touch (Celestine of the Harvest):
    We were driven to the edge of extinction once before, <name>. But we druids, keepers of the old ways, saved our people from famine.

When we cut ourselves off from the outside world and our crops failed, it was our order who called upon the earth's blessings and restored the harvest.

Just as we did then, it is best to put our fate in the hands of a higher power. Join me now and learn what the wild has to teach us.

Gilneas being Fantasy Britain is required by the Trope Police to have a secret order of Druid who have survived the coming of Crystal Dragon Jesusism(the Light) thus holding onto "the true old ways"

Only place more likely to have Druids is Fantasy Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    The first worgen were druids themselves, night elves to be exact. They were called the Druids of the Scythe and fought in the War of the Ancients, but they grew feral and lost control of their animal nature, forcing the other druids to lock them away in a dream. Only since the Third War have they escaped and started infecting others with the "curse" that was forged by their corrupted druidism, creating the worgen we play out of the humans of Gilneas.

Shapeshifting itself is not exclusively tied to Druidism. Not sure where people are getting the idea that in order for one to shapeshift one must have power over druidic magic.
    Yes and all Demon Hunters are Druids as well.

Come on.

Shapeshifting is not defined by Druidism. Mages are the master of magic. Which means they can shapeshift if wanted to (if they study that magic)
    Polymorph???
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilator12 View Post
    Precisely, they can use simple nature magic to influence their harvests, however; they are unable to shapeshift until the night elves teach them how.
    I would point out that druids learn their first shapeshift, cat form, at level 8. The night elves don't arrive in Gilneas until level 11-12.

That may just be "game mechanics > lore" though. :U

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimgore View Post
    The human 'druids' that become the eventual Worgen Druids aren't druids in the traditional sense. They are more like Nature Mages. They can cast some nature and arcane spells but can't shapeshift or anything of the sort.
    Correct me if this has been changed but they refer to themselves as druids in the starting zone even before they meet the elves. Maybe they just... got bored inside the walls and decided to pick up a new kind of magic? :-p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    I would point out that druids learn their first shapeshift, cat form, at level 8. The night elves don't arrive in Gilneas until level 11-12.
    Level 9 is the first time we meet the Night Elves. We get the Two Forms by level 10.

Also, the class quests are still not in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Level 9 is the first time we meet the Night Elves. We get the Two Forms by level 10.

Also, the class quests are still not in-game.
    Oh, wow, I fail. I completely forgot about that place.

You still get cat form before you leave Duskhaven though. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Any race can be any class with some exceptions, the classes we have for races is what the general classes for your race.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose