Thread: UH live longer?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

UH live longer?

Hey all, so i was thinking, do UH DKs live longer then blood in pvp? Not including rune tap and death strike.

Doubtful, just because of bloods insane self healing, but unholy is capable of doing more damage if I remember right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I tried UH a few days ago, but couldn't do damage at all, i have ok, gear (furious) and just got into pvp last month, i do more damage as blood though which is irritating.

Well unholy is more disease based, so you wouldn't notice quite as much out of your active abilities, but from what I hear death coil is insane, personally I never pvp'd on my dk, so I cant be accurate, I am only giving information based on what I hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Alright, im just testing specs and deciding which is better for me, thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've PvPed in my Tank gear in blood spec, and I only die to casters. IMO, UH is better because your ghoul normally has 100% uptime (Make sure you glyph it!), and if you can keep your diseases up (Without them being cleansed) and hopefully spread, there is nothing that you can't kill.

I did a fight with a Resto Shammy, UH DK, and Blood DK... Was a great combo.

Deleted
    DKs in PvP aren't a damage class per se, more of a utility one. It's true it sucks, but as long as you can do some damage and survive quite a bit, you're mostly there for harassing people with interrupts, chains of ice, strangulate and such.

In arena, that is. In BGs DKs still don't do a lot of damage though.

Oh, and unholy is the way to go. Blood has far less utility, and far less damage on non-cloth. Especially while being kited. Might survive a tad longer, but it doesn't matter that much.

you need to get a good spell routine for unholy. with blood it isnt always necessary to use a routine. pop you diseases on your target then dump your blood runes with blood strike which should give you death runes (if you have the talent) then go for scourge strike and death coil back and forth for a few times. note that you will have down time but in that down time you can use ghoul frenzy (if you have the talent) to keep you dps from falling too much.
    Help!
    I'm surrounded by unparalleled mediocrity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samar View Post
    you need to get a good spell routine for unholy. with blood it isnt always necessary to use a routine. pop you diseases on your target then dump your blood runes with blood strike which should give you death runes (if you have the talent) then go for scourge strike and death coil back and forth for a few times. note that you will have down time but in that down time you can use ghoul frenzy (if you have the talent) to keep you dps from falling too much.
    He's talking about PvP. I hope you're not, cos what you said only applies to PvE.

>.> i've gotten top damage in bg's with that
    Help!

Deleted
    >.> i've gotten top damage in bg's with that
    Heh. Top damage in BGs is some serious business.

Basically you didn't say anything new, you just told him to use a rotation. But in PvP using a rotation isn't possible, obviously. Unless you're just pounding on a stunned target in a BG, but that's not really a 100% typical situation in PvP.

Also, ghoul frenzy in PvP? Right.

o.o angry people are angry, sorry for contesting your omnipotence
    Help!

blood = survive longer vs melee
    unholy = survive longer vs caster

uh sucks in 2on2s - games take forever, noone dies. melees don't really bother me. but then comes a ele sham who lavabursts me for 8k.
    as blood i 'll do more damage in 2s. i think i'll try some blood spec for 2s.

cant say how dpressed i am with 2on2s...

Deleted
    Blood spec has better PvE survival than unholy. Also personally think blood is best for
    leveling, i only died twice leveling to 80 in blood spec.

I now use Unholy for end game PvE, but thats just personal preference to my play style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC118 View Post
    Blood spec has better PvE survival than unholy. Also personally think blood is best for
    leveling, i only died twice leveling to 80 in blood spec.

I now use Unholy for end game PvE, but thats just personal preference to my play style.
    PvP thread.

If you need to consider survival talents in your raids as a DK, I'm not sure how the other DPS can function.

Unholy is better for survivability because regardless of spec, the scariest thing to fight is wizards. Unholy has more things to stop wizards from being so scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomps View Post
    I tried UH a few days ago, but couldn't do damage at all, i have ok, gear (furious) and just got into pvp last month, i do more damage as blood though which is irritating.
    Death Coil more, it's your hardest hitting ability vs not cloth. Blood only feels like more damage because you're not paying enough attention to your death coils, or your weapon is better than your gear in a relative sense. Blood still isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    Well unholy is more disease based, so you wouldn't notice quite as much out of your active abilities, but from what I hear death coil is insane, personally I never pvp'd on my dk, so I cant be accurate, I am only giving information based on what I hear.
    Unholy's damage really isn't disease based and our diseases are really easy to just HoT through. The death coil part is right though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    I've PvPed in my Tank gear in blood spec, and I only die to casters. IMO, UH is better because your ghoul normally has 100% uptime (Make sure you glyph it!), and if you can keep your diseases up (Without them being cleansed) and hopefully spread, there is nothing that you can't kill.

I did a fight with a Resto Shammy, UH DK, and Blood DK... Was a great combo.
    The beginning of this post is mostly obvious crap, but rsham/dk/dk is just terrible. I felt the need to point that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    DKs in PvP aren't a damage class per se, more of a utility one. It's true it sucks, but as long as you can do some damage and survive quite a bit, you're mostly there for harassing people with interrupts, chains of ice, strangulate and such.

In arena, that is. In BGs DKs still don't do a lot of damage though.

Oh, and unholy is the way to go. Blood has far less utility, and far less damage on non-cloth. Especially while being kited. Might survive a tad longer, but it doesn't matter that much.
    DKs do plenty of damage, just not a lot of pressure. If one of your partner's is MSing, Dispelling, or Mana Burning your target (every viable dk comp) then you'll do fine because our damage is still pretty good vs not plate.
    Rotations are dumb in pvp and you should never have ghoul frenzy. The person that called you dumb was right to do so, and you should feel bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9 View Post
    blood = survive longer vs melee
    unholy = survive longer vs caster
    Unholy's death strikes heal for just as much as blood's, Vamp Blood lets death strikes heal for a ton, but that vs bone shield and the ability to just throw out a ton of death strikes via reaping still makes me wonder what blood has in the way of self healing that people still think it's so strong at self healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madarame View Post
    uh sucks in 2on2s - games take forever, noone dies. melees don't really bother me. but then comes a ele sham who lavabursts me for 8k.
    as blood i 'll do more damage in 2s. i think i'll try some blood spec for 2s.

cant say how dpressed i am with 2on2s...
    Get better at your class and you'll be less depressed.

Oh crap I ran out of quotes. Anyway, regardless of which one lasts longer, unholy brings much more to the table than frost or blood. You don't have to worry about being kited to death as much, and you can much more easily do damage from range than either of the two other specs. You don't have the big survivability holes that frost does, and you don't have to deal with lacking all the early unholy talents as if you were blood specced. It just all in all is the strongest spec and I have no idea why you wouldn't want to go unholy.

Deleted
    Get Shadowmourne and i am sure your damage in both unholy / blood will be noticed

Quote Originally Posted by stev0 View Post
    Get Shadowmourne and i am sure your damage in both unholy / blood will be noticed
    even bryntroll is omgggggg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furykin View Post
    even bryntroll is omgggggg
    Umm, what? With bryntroll I still only crit platewearers for like 2-3k in pvp. We noodles hit for more (as does deathcoil )
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!