Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
    Though it wasn't meant to be offensive, it gets annoying. Mostly because I have seen way too much of this lately, people trying to be clever to appeal to their idiot friends, when they are just acting rather immature. It's not clever. And don't be insincere. You knew exactly what you were doing. You were trying to be clever with the term gay, and it was just a silly and pointless joke. If you meant happy, you would say happy. There are too many people trying to impress their friends in WoW by acting like everything they say is hilarious. It's really old.

That being said, I never report people. I either ignore them, or if I am in a random dungeon group with them, I will initiate a vote for them to be kicked. Unfortunately, I've gotten groups where there are two friends, trying to be 'clever' and impress each other, and at that point you can't vote to kick. If you want to be taken seriously in this game, don't act petty and make jokes that are only funny to immature trolls. I'm not offended easily at all. I'm just tired of people broadcasting their really bland, obvious jokes and expecting everyone to laugh along with them.

Edit: Altus summed up my sentiment in fewer words xD
    >.< TY but you can explain it at least so but ty jyoos RAWK

Well if people can get by with much worse, either you got mass reported, or a mod was on pm rage...unless pm rage is only for sites like these. But yeah, try to use words that you are pretty certain people will interpret properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

On my server, i wonder where the GMs are, constant trade trolling, stuff way worse than what the OP had said, (Which IMO wasn't very bad at all) and all those gold spammers spelling shit with their bodies.

It's sort of like using the word 'niggardly' these days.

I don't see the reason to make a thread about this

Quote Originally Posted by Heris View Post
    Definition of "gay" according to the dictionnary: Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry. Conclusion: Blizzard canNOT get you banned for this, and I hope that you will make them realize it.
    Blizzard can ban you for no reason at all.

Conclusion: You have not read the ToU.

The dictionary definition of balls are a 'round or roundish mass' but I would like to see how long you last with your impeccable logic when you talk in trade chat about the lovely taste and texture of balls.

Using gay to mean happy and pretending to be surprised at people taking it as homo is just gay.
    In mediocre MMOs, people complain about some classes.
    In good MMOS, no one complains about any classes.
    In the best MMOS, people complain about every class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scionni View Post
    It's sort of like using the word 'niggardly' these days.
    I never heard that word....

Most people try to do humor on the internet because it is the easiest way to 'connect' with people, on the internet it is hard to love/hate/and etc. using humor is a great way to introduce your self and get along with everyone. SO since it is easy more people do it and then more people do it so other people start doing it too,it is a domino effect.

But many people take it way to far and end up looking like dumbasses.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Texar View Post
    Interesting you actually have GM's on your server that actually do stuff? GM's on my server are a myth..only ever heard about, never have we seen a GM actually answering tickets or dealing with harrasment in trade chat.
    A little off topic here, but we have GM's that do stuff too. Just last night my friend put a ticket in to become guild leader because our buddy has been inactive for 45 days and the GM started talking to him in like 25 mins. He logged onto our old Guild Leader's character too and put some stuff in the gbank (which had been returned to our leader from an account compromise in the guild). It was pretty funny to see a GM talking to us on our buddy's character with a BLIZZ tag next to his name, haha.

Anyway, back on topic. I personally think it's silly that you got banned for that comment. I see things FAR worse than that in trade all the time from our server "trolls" and they seem to be on every day regardless of what they say.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a dream, that someday I'll check my E-mail.. and there will be 1 post report about someones sig being to large..
    I have a dream that trolls will no longer exist and everyone will take part in mature, constructive discussions..

Then I wake up and have 54 post reports, curse to myself and start banning people.

[Locked] I suppose any mature discussion regarding offensive material relating to WoW just won't happen on these forums yet.

By the way.. Refrain from using offensive language on these forums.. Note that doesn't mean not swear but there are some words better left unsaid.