Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    it wasnt a major retcon it was minor which added alot more story archs.... OMG THE ERADAR DIDNT CURROPT SARGARAS IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND OOOH FUCK! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THE DREADLORDS ALONE MADE SARG EVIL!!! IMPOSSIBLE
    How about the fact that Akama and his draenei claimed to be the natives of Draenor in Warcraft 3? And the hideous baleen mouthed monsters they were got changed to Akama just having bad teeth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    they barly had any of tbc to themselves
    damned b elves stole the spot light
    So the fact that Shattrath was their ancient city, as was the Black Temple, and the fact that their major lore Warcraft 3 character gets redeemed while the blood elf one gets killed off OH and then there's the little bit about the draenei reigniting the Sunwell!

Not to mention that nonsense about the draenei crash landing on Draenor, naming the fucking planet after themselves, and then never mentioning to their friendly orc neighbors that evil incarnate and his legions of unholy monsters which is lead by the dreanei's fallen brothers has been hunting them for something like 20+ thousand years. Nope. The draenei never mention that and act so damned surprised when the eredar find them and corrupt the orcs just like how the eredar were corrupted.

BRILLIANT writing right there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's because the Night Elves are the ones that helps on the Gilnean Exile. Teldrassil is their new home.
    with plenty of trees to piss on

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    It's as if I didn't bring that up.. oh wait:
    If you understood it, what exactly is your problem?

Draenei don't just hit "well over 11" in their starting zone. They hit 20 if they play it all the way through, as they're designed to. As such, there's no need to design another 11-20 zone with them in mind.

There is no issue here.

It's as if I didn't bring that up.. oh wait:

It's an absolutely strange decision.

Cater to Draenei entitlement? You mean being almost completely forgotten about post-BC and the class issue in Cata? Blood Elves haven't been forgotten about post-BC and there's no Cata class issue for them. By your logic both the BC races should have any race building at all. Blood Elves and other races continue to get race building. Draenei have been standing still since BC.

I play Horde, and Undead. If this seems strange to me it definitely should seem strange to people that actually play Alliance and Draenei.
    I agree with the whole Dranei thing. They are the forgotten children. Like, a super rich influential family (blizzard) and the one son in jail no one ever talks about (dranei).

As far as the Worgen going from 11-20 in Darkshore it makes perfect sense to me. Of course I am only looking at it from a lore point of view, from a mechanics point of view it makes sense to get the races together quicker, for grouping purposes mostly but also just to highlight the whole social aspect of things. Obviously there will be an ass load of Worgen at first but on down the line, it'll be important to have that cross over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    How about the fact that Akama and his draenei claimed to be the natives of Draenor in Warcraft 3? And the hideous baleen mouthed monsters they were got changed to Akama just having bad teeth?

So the fact that Shattrath was their ancient city, as was the Black Temple, and the fact that their major lore Warcraft 3 character gets redeemed while the blood elf one gets killed off OH and then there's the little bit about the draenei reigniting the Sunwell!

Not to mention that nonsense about the draenei crash landing on Draenor, naming the fucking planet after themselves, and then never mentioning to their friendly orc neighbors that evil incarnate and his legions of unholy monsters which is lead by the dreanei's fallen brothers has been hunting them for something like 20+ thousand years. Nope. The draenei never mention that and act so damned surprised when the eredar find them and corrupt the orcs just like how the eredar were corrupted.

THERE CITY THEY HAD TO SHARE! in there language it was called draenor and im sure the orcs had a name for it too but it just didnt stick cause draenor sounded cool, bt was taken over by demons and reaaallly didnt feel draenish at that point at all really infact there is an area thats a small patch of demonic silvermoon filled with hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because nothing involving the draenei has happened!

SHOCKING! I KNOW!

It's almost like they were never on this planet before and just crash landed recently or something!
    /brofit.

Nice Flonne avatar by the way.
    Anyone else notice the Pokémon breeding center is on Route 34? Just sayin'.

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!" - Hakumen.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    If you understood it, what exactly is your problem?
    I already outlined the problem.

So what you really mean is that you don't like the Draenei or their inclusion in the lore, so you don't want them mentioned again or developed further. It's not BC anymore, so by your logic the Draenei shouldn't ever be mentioned again.

Humans, trolls, dwarves, undead all the races from the initial release shouldn't be getting any further development by your logic. Goblin and Worgen shouldn't get any further development by your logic.
    Last edited by Purple; 2010-08-11 at 10:28 PM.

The draenei have Bloodmyst isle, they dont need to go to darkshore, though most choose too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaline View Post
    BAH! we cannot intrust the Kingdom of stormwind to a priest! there are children in the city

So what you really mean is that you don't like the Draenei or their inclusion in the lore, so you don't want them mentioned again or developed further.
    Hey, you're allowed to complete ignore the fact that draenei have a perfectly good 10-20 zone and continue this pointless topic. Why am I not allowed to point out the fact that the draenei had their time in the spotlight and the reason the expansions that deal with Warcraft 3 (or older) lore don't involve draenei SINCE THEY WEREN'T AROUND IN WARCRAFT 3?

I already outlined the problem.
    Here's my understanding of your understanding of the problem:

DARKSHORE IS DESIGNED FOR NIGHT ELVES AND WORGEN BUT DRAENEI LIVE NEAR THERE

This "problem," as several people have pointed out, does not exist. They have their own zone. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no reason for the development team to design Darkshore with Draenei in mind when they have their own starter zone rich in their own lore.

Two expansions ago as of Cataclysm. They've been standing still since BC. Blood Elves have continued to get lore and content and class updates for Cata. Draenei have stood still.
    "New Blood Elf Content" = Blood Elves getting the class they should have had from the start. And like. One sword questline in Wrath of the Lich King.
    Last edited by Taen; 2010-08-11 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei and Night elfs : They meet in Ashenvale , and general in Kalimdor.

Dwarves and Gnomes : They share Dun Morogh , Loch Modan , Wetlands.

Worgen would be nice if they shared Westfall and Duskwood later with Humans.

It would be a nice sharing of the zones among the races if you know what i mean.

Hey, you're allowed to complete ignore the fact that draenei have a perfectly good 10-20 zone and continue this pointless topic. Why am I not allowed to point out the fact that the draenei had their time in the spotlight and the reason the expansions that deal with Warcraft 3 (or older) lore don't involve draenei SINCE THEY WEREN'T AROUND IN WARCRAFT 3?
    Right, a major event of the Scourge and world changing event of Cataclysm completely don't effect the Draenei. The Lich King was totally going to ignore the Draenei, and the Cataclysm will hit and effect everyone, everyone.. except for the Draenei apparently. Every other race continues to be developed and they just get ignored. Blood Elves were a BC race too, maybe you didn't know, they continue to be developed. Shocker I know. Just because it isn't BC anymore doesn't mean the races stop development.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Draenei and Night elfs : They meet in Ashenvale , and general in Kalimdor.

Dwarves and Gnomes : They share Dun Morogh , Loch Modan , Wetlands.

Worgen would be nice if they shared Westfall and Duskwood later with Humans.

It would be a nice sharing of the zones among the races if you know what i mean.
    Westfall and Duskwood are actually where I expected the Worgen to go.

---------- Post added 2010-08-11 at 10:35 PM ----------

Here's my understanding of your understanding of the problem:

DARKSHORE IS DESIGNED FOR NIGHT ELVES AND WORGEN BUT DRAENEI LIVE NEAR THERE

This "problem," as several people have pointed out, does not exist. They have their own zone. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no reason for the development team to design Darkshore with Draenei in mind when they have their own starter zone rich in their own lore.
    Yeah. No reason. No reason at all.

It's not like they'd get involved in some world changing event or anything.
    Last edited by Purple; 2010-08-11 at 10:36 PM.

Yeah. No reason. No reason at all.

It's not like they'd get involved in some world changing event or anything.
    "This particular zone isn't where the Draenei will level from 11-20" =/= "There will be no Draenei NPCs anywhere in Cataclysm because we're Blizzard and we hate Draenei"

Right, a major event of the Scourge and world changing event of Cataclysm completely don't effect the Draenei. The Lich King was totally going to ignore the Draenei, and the Cataclysm will hit and effect everyone, everyone.. except for the Draenei apparently. Every other race continues to be developed and they just get ignored. Blood Elves were a BC race too, maybe you didn't know, they continue to be developed. Shocker I know. Just because it isn't BC anymore doesn't mean the races stop development.
    The draenei weren't around for most of the Lich King's campaign. All they were there for was the zombie invasion at Wrath launch. That didn't stop draenei from joining the Argent Crusade.

You make it sound as if the draenei were completely left out. They weren't. They were present and accounted for it's just that there is lots of history involving the Lich King that the draenei aren't a part since they just showed up.

Deleted
    The point is: Draenei have their 10-20 zone. Why should they get another?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very pointless thread.
    Besides, its not like anyone is going to roll a Draenei in cataclysm.

"This particular zone isn't where the Draenei will level from 11-20" =/= "There will be no Draenei NPCs anywhere in Cataclysm because we're Blizzard and we hate Draenei"
    The only outpost they have in Azeroth as a whole is in north-eastern Ashenvale. Which is probably razed by the Horde, since everything except the far north-west seems to have been decimated by them. So what do they have left? A grand total of jack and shit.

just remember guys... the draenei are aliens... they have nothing to do with the undead scourge or the dragon aspects... so it's basically none of their business... they are more worried trying to rebuild their lives in this new world they crash-landed on than fighting other people's battles... of course, they owe the alliance a huge favor, so they do have a lot of people helping the alliance in their own conflicts... think about draenei players and a handful of NPCs (such as the shaman guy who discovers humans are mutated vrykul or those draenei in the alliance's place at the argent tournament)...

when the game's focus goes back to something that really HAS something to do with the draenei (read: the Burning Legion), we'll see our favorite blue aliens in the spotlight again X3

just as a sidenote... I'm an undead warlock, not draenei... but I still think they are cool and deserve to shine in this game... but the thing is... it's not time for this yet...
    Last edited by Mortis Darkskull; 2010-08-11 at 10:48 PM.

Shipping out half way around the world to play with the Night Elves only makes sense if you're a Druid. Otherwise it makes more sense for Worgen zones to exist in areas closer to what they're familiar with, while occasional Night Elf representatives would be around as global NPCs. Especially with the Auberdine port for ships being entirely destroyed as far as we know.
    The reason they don't level in the Eastern Kingdoms as part of the bread-crumb trail is because they are still a little iffy about the old Alliance (SW particularly, if you do not know why: http://www.wowwiki.com/Gilneas#History ) and they are still a little iffy about the Gilneans because they feel like Gilneas pulled out of the war effort, taking their massive armies that would have easily won many battles for the Alliance.

The Night Elves come in mainly because of the Druids of the Scythe (Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Druids_of_the_Scythe http://www.wowwiki.com/Faded_Journal ) helping the newly transformed worgen tame their beastial natures.

This is why they are buddy buddy with the night elves. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    just remember guys... the draenei are aliens... they have nothing to do with the undead scourge or the dragon aspects... so it's basically none of their business... they are more worried trying to rebuild their lives in this new world they crash-landed on than fighting other people's battles... of course, they owe the alliance a huge favor, so they do have a lot of people helping the alliance in their own conflicts... think about draenei players and a handful of NPCs (such as the shaman guy who discovers humans are mutated vrykul or those draenei in the alliance's place at the argent tournament)...

when the game's focus goes back to something that really HAS something to do with the draenei (read: the Burning Legion), we'll see our favorite blue aliens in the spotlight again X3

just as a sidenote... I'm an undead warlock, not draenei... but I still think they are cool and deserve to shine in this game... but the thing is... it's not time for this yet...
    The orcs are aliens too. They seem to be capable of responding to Deathwing fucking shit up just fine.