Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just deleted a 66 shaman because I did not like playing him, but I dunno if I could do it to an 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I'd at least use the warrior to farm BoA gear for your mage, then, and some gold too. Stack it up so your mage is loaded at launch.
    Lol i actually did that. farmed BoA for mage, currently in the process of farming gold just from mining on the rogue. i'm currently at about 5k...which is high for me. i've always been pretty frivelous with my spending and never got all that rich. want to hit 10k gold though to be sure my mage gets all the necessities like epic flying and dual spec with plenty to spare for leveling professions and whatnot.

lol, back in BC I deleted an alliance 70 warrior & priest, raid geared. Just because I wanted to transfer one of my horde toons from another server over.Remember at this time you could not have horde & alliance on the same PvP server. So I deleted them, transferred my horde over and 2 weeks later blizzard announces you can now have different factions on the same pvp realm! Needless to say I /quit the game just out of rage. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    deleting an 80 is pointless, just make another

Don't see the point in deleting a toon that high level.
    Just because you are bored of it now, doesn't mean you will be a few months from now.

But I have deleted a ton of toons around level 40ish. three 36-42 rogues, few level 30ish hunters

It's really easy to level that high now. but 80 still takes a few weeks, even if you are hardcore about grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulloar View Post
    lol, back in BC I deleted an alliance 70 warrior & priest, raid geared. Just because I wanted to transfer one of my horde toons from another server over.Remember at this time you could not have horde & alliance on the same PvP server. So I deleted them, transferred my horde over and 2 weeks later blizzard announces you can now have different factions on the same pvp realm! Needless to say I /quit the game just out of rage. lol.
    Why not just petition to get the char restored? You guys do know you can do that, right? If you do it too often they'll stop doing it for you, but if it's a one off situation, especially for something like that, they'll do it. (or at least they used to.)

I would never delete an 80 though. On my alliance server all my char slots are full with 80s or my one bank alt. I was going to reroll a char on that server in Cataclysm, so even now i'm just going to delete the bank alt and make one of my other chars my bank (possibly with the guild level 80/85 bank alt)

I once deleted a 19 Rogue twink, and despite its level, a lot of time and gold went into that little Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    yes I think its safe to say that brother is mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Athyle View Post
    1. do you like the warrior class ?

If so why arent you playing it now ?
    If not why did u level it ?

2. Do you think in the future you will be needed for raiding or otherneeds?
    3. What is your current role?

Also a GM can rectify any deleted characters before the 3 month mark, Just becareful you dont wana piss a guild of by deleting there best (Tank/DPS).

What im getting at is your 5 lvl's from 85 not 84 id think hard about it, im supprised people are still playing WOTLK atm theres nothing new to do my personalap tho xD
    Nothing really against the warrior class. i leveled him when i had a brief "pve love" phase, mostly from just watching the first videos of guilds attempting Lich King. i also wanted to help the tank shortage and roll him prot. while i was farming heroics for BoA for mage i was reminded that I don't particularly like pve. it got dull for me pretty quick. that said, i suck at warrior pvp. i've played rogues so much that i've grown very dependent on the ability to vanish from combat when situations get hairy.

I saw what everyone was saying about leaving a char in Honor Hold for months and months, I did the same.

Levelled a Warrior to 59, then didn't play it for around a year.. Recently picked it back up, and now it's level 70.. and I can't wait to level it to 80

Dont ever delete chars above 30, it's such a waste of time. (Although level 20 is my cut-off point for deleting)

if you have an level 80 and you don't want him, why not sell it? thats the smartest thing to do, aside from not deleting.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I didn't have two accounts I would be in a similar predicament. I have considered deleting high level characters before, but the closest I ever came to that was transferring my level 70 warrior (during TBC) to my brother's account; which is now my second account anyway.

I would recommend against deleting a high level character. You never know when you may want to play it. Unless, of course, you have the tenacity to replace that toon with one that you level from 1 all the way up to 85. But consider the lost achievements and the sense of wasted time (as if playing the game isn't enough time wasted.) >.<

So there are three choices for people who want to roll Worgen/Goblin:
    • Re-roll on a new server, where you have no contact with the rest of your toons, your guild or your in-game friends.
    • Create a second account, which means double the cost of playing for the sake of having new characters.
    • Delete a toon and replace it with a Worgen or Goblin of the same class, knowing that you have the tenacity to get all the way to 85.
    • Secret option #4: Roll a Worgen/Goblin on a new server and take it through the starting zones, OR watch TotalBiscuit's video coverage of the zones and forget about rolling one of the new races (his videos are faster than playing yourself, anyway). Either way, do a race-change with an existing toon rather than levelling a new one from the start.

If you are like me and you love levelling alts, then you may really consider deleting the toon that you want to replace. Since the slot will be filled and you will have a good few weeks, if not months, of fun taking a fresh toon through new content, it really may not feel like a loss; especially the closer you get to 80, where that toon currently sits.

Me, I'm struggling to decided whether to delete my level 33 Warlock to make way for a new toon on my primary account. >.<
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt advise at deleting any character, i once did with 5 lvl70 after Zulaman and i regretted that.. A LOT.. damn you Zulacrap!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    if you have an level 80 and you don't want him, why not sell it? thats the smartest thing to do, aside from not deleting.
    i sold my old account and just got around to purchasing the expansions over again. don't want to get rid of this one. already committed to the whole goblin mage project.

I deleted a 74 DK, but not an 80. Hindsight, it was silly.
    I'm a cheerleader priest. What I lack in intellect, I make up for in spirit! \o/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I'd go for at LEAST 10k gold. Rumor has it that people will be able to purchase 310% flying training in Cata (toons that already have a 310% mount will receive it automatically). Things will only get more expensive in Cata, though. They always do.
    Wrong. Those with 310% flying may still have to purchase it. This has not been confirmed. Please check facts instead of believing speculation and rumours around various WoW communities.

Originally Posted by Frejya (Blue Tracker)
    - 310% training will be available; price/location unknown; will scale for all flying mounts once purchased! Unknown whether those with 310% fliers will be grandfathered in.
    But there will definitely be new gold sinks. I also struggle to save gold but want to have at least 10k by the time the expansion is released.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Why delete it when you could just make another

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    Yes, the "smartest" thing to do is risk getting your entire account banned because you're bored with a character.

To explain a little more clearly, my logic in deleting the 80 is keeping my account bare because I'm 26 years old now and don't have the time to be concerned with tons of alts. I'm really looking at the goblin mage as THE toon that gets completely decked out and becomes pretty much 1 and only main. i played mage on old account and loved it so not worried about getting bored with him too =p love pvp and being a tiny caster is badass. so glad horde finally got one =)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    So I recently decided I was bored with my level 80 warrior and seriously considering stripping him and deleting him. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this and deleted level 80 toons of their own.
    You'll maybe want him back in a few years. So don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've deleted a level 76 character, but it was a death knight. So I guess you could say he was really like, level 21.

The highest non-DK I've deleted was a level 40-ish priest. Then I remade a priest in another race (this was before race-swaps were available).

I don't regret it, really. But having to slug through those painful 40 levels before shadowform again sure sucked.

Now, to play devil's advocate:

If you are really, really REALLY sure you will never play him again, as I was with my death knight, go ahead and delete him with no qualms. You and only you can make this decision. I don't regret deleting my DK, as close to 80 as he technically was.

However, the "keep my account bare" excuse is moot. Who cares if it's technically there, if you don't intend on playing, levelling or gearing him? Doesn't hurt anything but a technicality.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2010-08-12 at 12:58 AM.