Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    He was warned previously about his choice of words, and disregarded that.

Please remain on topic, or else I will have to close this thread.

In an attempt to get back to the original focus:

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Back on topic, I have been wondering if H Trauma is better than reg Lockjaw myself. I would imagine the haste and mp5 would beat the spell power, however big it might be. I guess the proc and extra SP would help, but I don't ever feel like my Holy Light doesn't hit hard enough, more than I have mana troubles.

Maybe for VDW I'd use H Trauma but it seems R Lockjaw would be better for most fights.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

@ Foibles.
    I have posted the comparision before, but I'll do it again.

Regular Lockjaw:
    + 20 Stamina
    + 26 MP5
    + 52 Haste
    + 0.4 Speed (Doesn't matter a whole lot, but you do have a higher chance to proc Seal of Wisdom when judging, resulting in a slightly higher mana gain)

Heroic Trauma gemmed with 20 Intellect:
    + 184 Spell Power
    + 16 Intellect
    + Low chance to proc an AoE heal (only procs on direct heals afaik. This means it does NOT proc of Glyph of Holy Light, but I could be wrong).

You should be able to make the choice yourself.

i have already said it but will say it again.

tooltip:
    each time your spells heal a target you have a chance to cause the target of your heal to heal themselves and friendly targets within 10 yards for 245 each sec for 6 secs

this does proc from glyth of holy light as i checked this a few times in a row to make sure, in around 18 secs with beacon up and splash healing meele you will heal 7 targets at a time so in around 18 secs you will have cast 100+ heals so the mace will proc, it may not be the best for a pally but used properly its very good.

if it only procced of direct heals then a drood would not get any better usuage out of this tnk since HoTs are not direct heals.

if you have plenty haste like 800+ then i would say hc trauma is preferable to even hc lockjaw but its preference at the end of the day i prefer the extra sp for better sacred shield and the proc for a little extra healing compared to stats that i dont really need.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    i have already said it but will say it again.

tooltip:
    each time your spells heal a target you have a chance to cause the target of your heal to heal themselves and friendly targets within 10 yards for 245 each sec for 6 secs

this does proc from glyth of holy light as i checked this a few times in a row to make sure, in around 18 secs with beacon up and splash healing meele you will heal 7 targets at a time so in around 18 secs you will have cast 100+ heals so the mace will proc, it may not be the best for a pally but used properly its very good.

if it only procced of direct heals then a drood would not get any better usuage out of this tnk since HoTs are not direct heals.

if you have plenty haste like 800+ then i would say hc trauma is preferable to even hc lockjaw but its preference at the end of the day i prefer the extra sp for better sacred shield and the proc for a little extra healing compared to stats that i dont really need.
    It only procs to those that are in the same group as your target and it does NOT scale with SP, so it is still only about 217/tick. If you honestly think that that will help your group better (including the minimal absorption gain on SS) than the extra haste on lockjaw, then something is a little funny with your way of thinking. How many times has that minimal proc saved your raid compared to getting that heal off just in time?
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

in icc the tick is around 400 as it scales with the buff and the heals do add up, if you use it properly you should get at least 100-150k healing out of it.

if you use hc lockjaw if will provide only around 0.02 cast time increase which is nothing as you will have to do at least 60-70 holy lights to get an extra cast in.

hc trauma gives you a lil more healing through the absorb from sacred sheild and the proc, the proc can hit the whole raid as long as everyone is in range when it procs it will hit everything including pets so i dont know where you get it only heals ppl in the same group,i can see the proc on my grid if i want it and have used it for many months now, when i used it there was always at least 10 ppl around meele that got the proc. Alot of the heals from it will be overheals but you will get more output overall using it other than the 0.02 cast time increase.

you can use whatever weapon you want but if you dont understand why this is still a decent mace for a pally then dont put a post when you dont know about the mace at all. either of the maces is unlikely to save a raid from a proc or a slightly faster heal so its irrelavant if the proc saves a raid or not.

use which mace you feel is best for you but at least understand how this mace can be good in the hands of any healer.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Kenn, I think you misunderstood what ATTHEREADY said. He said the the heal and only PROC on a player hit by the GoHL if that person is in the same group as the person you hit with HL, causing the splash. But that player that it proced on will "heal themselves and friendly targets within 10 yards for 245 each sec for 6 secs". That is why you see is "proc" on players in other groups.

Did I get it right?

Thank you all for helping with my OP. I have since acquired HC Lockjaw and plan to stick with it until 25M LK.

After a bit of my own testing, I found the proc to be quite unreliable, and the SP difference hardly noticeable compared to the haste/mp5 difference.