Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather just have them keep it the way it's currently in Wrath of the Lich King, but since they don't Balance is the way to go for me - can't really say I have much to care like both the same, I suppose that's just at least one healer less.

Some confusion going on here, but from my knowledge and this convenient spell link from WoWhead...It's a temp shapeshift with a 5 minute cooldown, at the moment. No loss of offensive abilities or spell limitations, just a movement speed debuff.

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=33891

Shapeshift into the tree of life, increasing healing done by 15% and increasing your armor by 120% but reducing your movement speed by 50%. In addition, some of your spells are temporarly enhanced while shapeshifted. Lasts 45 sec.

Enhanced spells: Lifebloom, Wild Growth, Regrowth, Entangling Roots, Thorns, Wrath

So this is a movement speed debuff with enhanced abilities, armor, and healing. During this shift, you'll be in a new Ancient model they're making for tree form, etc.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    So play a different class.

IMO, Taking away tree form because Blizz wants Resto druids to be able to see they're gear in combat makes zero sense.
    With that logic bear, moonkin, and cat forms should be taken away too, because they won't get to see they're gear.

personally, I rolled a tree druid to be a tree, and I'm quite disappointed that it's going away (and don't say its not going away, its going to be a cool-down, because that's really not the same thing). The druid is a shapeshifting class, and should be kept that way.

Well isn't it enough to see your gear when your AFK'ing in Dalaran or something lol? I loved the forms tbh.. Pitty Tree of Life is going away!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again I'm going to quote a Blizzard statement that I have no idea where it is but I'm sure I've read it....

Tree of Life is going to be a cooldown not a true form (making it much like metamorphosis). The effect of the form will be greater than the live version and I "believe" they also said all spells will be castable in this form. They also said they will be updating the model to make it "grander", which many have taken to believing it will be closer to the Tree of Life from Warcraft 3 (huge freakin Ancient form ftw) instead of a treant form.

Although exactly what it is going to look like has NOT been confirmed to my knowledge , they have confirmed that it will be updated. (A poster below has responded that it has been confirmed by Blizzard the model will be in the form of an Ancient, I have not seen this source but it is fairly likely to be true).

Remember that I have read this from a blue post somewhere in the past but as I don't play a druid as my main I didn't have much interest in keeping the link.
    Last edited by Stevenmr; 2010-08-12 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmr View Post
    Again I'm going to quote a Blizzard statement that I have no idea where it is but I'm sure I've read it....

Tree of Life is going to be a cooldown not a true form (making it much like metamorphosis). The effect of the form will be greater than the live version and I "believe" they also said all spells will be castable in this form. They also said they will be updating the model to make it "grander", which many have taken to believing it will be closer to the Tree of Life from Warcraft 3 (huge freakin Ancient form ftw) instead of a treant form.

Although exactly what it is going to look like has NOT been confirmed, they have confirmed that it will be updated.

Remember that I have read this from a blue post somewhere in the past but as I don't play a druid as my main I didn't have much interest in keeping the link.
    Few posts up, and you can see the updated spell for Tree of Life. :P
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    Few posts up, and you can see the updated spell for Tree of Life. :P
    Yeah I know I took too long to write my piece... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vilvadia View Post
    Then why have caster form? If ones just a buffed version of the other, you should just consolidate the forms. Oh wait...
    Then why have moonkin? lol. I realize <--- is not a very good argument, but if its good enough for balance then its good enough for resto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although exactly what it is going to look like has NOT been confirmed, they have confirmed that it will be updated.
    Actually they did confirm that the new model is an Ancient.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Actually they did confirm that the new model is an Ancient.
    Changed my post to reflect this. I just hate dealing in speculation when replying to threads and only post what I have read/ seen myself and like to make it clear when I am typing a reference to a blue post or compared to that of another player who has seen a blue post (once handled too many times from the source information gets muddled).
    Last edited by Stevenmr; 2010-08-12 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehCrunchbyte View Post
    Then why have moonkin? lol. I realize <--- is not a very good argument, but if its good enough for balance then its good enough for resto.
    By limiting Balance's (and Shadow's) healing capabilities, they can increase its damage. Theoretically.

Changed my post to reflect this. I just hate dealing in speculation when replying to threads and only post what I have read/ seen myself and like to make it clear when I am typing a reference to a blue post or compared to that of another player who has seen a blue post (once handled too many times from the source information gets muddled).
    Understandable. :)

15+ Year Old Account
    In WC3 the ToL was a Nightelf base building. It was a blue grumpy ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    So play a different class.

IMO, Taking away tree form because Blizz wants Resto druids to be able to see they're gear in combat makes zero sense.
    Gear, PVP/PVE issues, having to give up utility/offensive arsenal, lack of intrinsic mechanics and thus lack of distinctive gameplay. These are the reasons and not so easily being shrugged off. Most of them being there since day 1.

With that logic bear, moonkin, and cat forms should be taken away too, because they won't get to see they're gear.
    Moonkin is similar to ToL. But no way you could compare Cat and Bear form with ToL. The differences are far too big in the design.

personally, I rolled a tree druid to be a tree, and I'm quite disappointed that it's going away (and don't say its not going away, its going to be a cool-down, because that's really not the same thing). The druid is a shapeshifting class, and should be kept that way.
    That's what I am reading all too often. But being in ToL 24/7 is not really playing that "shapeshifter class" out, as a whole ToL has little to do with the Druid shapeshifting paradigms. It's closer to Shadow form by design than to Druid forms actually. A handful form-typical perks doesn't make a Druid form - as indicated by the existence of Bear and Cat form. Alot self-declared defenders of shapeshifting conveniently are living in denial of that difference. If you want to design a new Druid form start with the premises which lead to the implementation of both core Feral forms and our travel forms and then look how they got implemented. If it's any different to that: Mission failed.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Actually I'd be happy if they did the same with oomkin form. Cat and bear are fine. The oomkin just isn't very druidish at all and doesn't even make sense in the Warcraft universe. Just look at Malfurion for instance.. he doesn't turn into a giant fat owl to cast balance spells and hes technically a balance druid with wrath spamming and treants and all. The only druids that turn into oomkins(for some reason) in WoW are the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Actually I'd be happy if they did the same with oomkin form. Cat and bear are fine. The oomkin just isn't very druidish at all and doesn't even make sense in the Warcraft universe. Just look at Malfurion for instance.. he doesn't turn into a giant fat owl to cast balance spells and hes technically a balance druid with wrath spamming and treants and all. The only druids that turn into oomkins(for some reason) in WoW are the players.
    What druids are REALLY pissed about is the idea of having to look at the terrible, terrible Night Elf casting animations when they're not in tree.

Tauren still having it good cause their animations are awesome

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    What druids are REALLY pissed about is the idea of having to look at the terrible, terrible Night Elf casting animations when they're not in tree.

Tauren still having it good cause their animations are awesome
    Alliance are REALLY screwed if they want to be male as the male worgen animations are like the inflatable wacky wavey arm dudes.... so they have two terrible casting animations to choose from as males.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    malfurion always looks like a half owl thing with feathers and horns though.....

I still think they should have just put in a minor glyph that turned boomkin/tree of life into a buff instead of a form.

Would've been a lot fucking easier, and wouldn't have pissed off anybody.

Alliance are REALLY screwed if they want to be male as the male worgen animations are like the inflatable wacky wavey arm dudes.... so they have two terrible casting animations to choose from as males.
    I'll take the wacky wavey over casting spells through the power of terrible migraines that the male night elves have though.

The only reason they removed the Tree form is because the forums always had a topic asking to have a form to actually see their character, then at BlizzCon 2007 someone asked on the character panel and the entire crowd cheered.

Now it happens and everyone whines.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    You mean all the time, or just when Tree of Life is active? Because Tree of Life is getting an Ancient model, it's not going to go model-less even as a cooldown.
    Like those huge trees? I'd love that!!

I believe they are doing that.
    Last I heard the ToL will look more like an Ancient and your spells will looks fairly different in form.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~