Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    Random loot is random. Same drop rate as any other item.
    You don't know that. Over infinite iterations, a process can appear to be random for a set of variables.

i.e. a dice appears to be random, because we can't accurately control its throwing and environment parameters.

i.e. a drop appears to be random, because we can't raid with 25 gnomes or 25 mages.

therefore, there is no real legal way of knowing for the user on whether it's TRULY random.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2010-08-13 at 02:16 PM ----------

I didn't know it was rare. Got it on my 1st or 2nd run after 80 ding on my main feral druid. Now i don't use it cuz i got arp trinket from halion ane my hit rating messed up so i use mark of supremacy.
    Last edited by Blur; 2010-08-13 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Well , I still dont have Deathbringers Will - YAY for trinkets drops

To a certain extent, the earlier trinket analysis is true. As far as I know, the BiS breakdown on physical classes is something like this:

Warrior: Deathbringer's Will, Sharpened Twilight Scale
    Death Knight: Deathbringer's Will, Sharpened Twilight Scale
    Ret Paladin: Sharpened Twilight Scale, Tiny Abomination in a Jar
    Hunter: Deathbringer's Will, Sharpened Twilight Scale
    Enh Shaman: Herkuml's War Token, Sharpened Twilight Scale
    Rogue: Deathbringer's Will, Sharpened Twilight Scale (?)
    Feral Druid: Deathbringer's Will, Sharpened Twilight Scale

So, given 8-10 physical dps in a group, the raid needs 8-10 Sharpened Twilight Scales to fully BiS the group. If one drops every week, that is 2.5 months of farming. Every other week, 5 months. If you don't bring the same 8-10 dps to the raid every week, even more.

Of those 8-10 dps, 6-8 of them need Deathbringer's Will. Again, if one drops every other week (lawls), then you're looking at 4 months. Given that the drop rate is, at best, 20%, that is 10 months on average, assuming you never change up the group and you don't recruit new physical dps.

Compare that to TAiaJ, where your group needs 1-2, then it turns into a shardfest.

So what you say, if they can't get BiS trinkets, there are still other options. Let's consider the 6 trinkets that are end-game options for raiders.

Sharpened Twilight Scale: Heavy competition. Even running it every week, you are unlikely to get all of your raiders decked out in one before Cata.

Deathbringer's Will: Competition has died down, but there are still a lot of well geared toons that don't have this because they have to compete with 5+ people each time it drops. When guilds finally got it on heroic again, the pool reset and these toons had to recompete with people who won the regular one.

Death's Verdict/Choice: Amazing trinket, but if you don't already have it or know 24 people who are willing to go back and farm for it with you and not ninja it, its too much of a pain to pug for it, especially if you want the heroic.

Whispering Fanged Skull: This is actually the best trinket in terms of drops per member and competition, because you should not have to compete with more than 2 fellow raiders for it, and farming it repeatedly will usually earn you the item. Also relatively easy to attain on heroic, and for some it is near-BiS. That said, for others it is a whole lot of wasted crit due to crit-capping for dual-wielders. Not a terrible trinket for anyone, but very passable for many.

Herkuml's War Token: About half of the physical dps classes get very little from the haste, and avoid this trinket like the plague. Players wear it because 3 of the better trinkets are out of reach (DBW, STS, and DV/C), or because they are a rare class that gets a lot from it (Enh/Ret). Also, the nature of the build-up AP means it is bad for burst, has a reduced effectiveness on short fights, and sucks for many fights (Gunship, getting infected on Rotface, getting spore on Fester, 2 guaranteed resets on PP, sucks for heroic Princes, 2 guaranteed resets on BQL, can fall off on Val, multiple guaranteed resets on Sind, getting Valked forces a reset on LK).

Tiny Abomination in a Jar: Frankly, a terrible trinket except for the fact that the extra hit procs Seals for ret, so we're forced to change the rest of our itemization to accomidate for the hit on it. As far as I know, only a rogue would want it so they could proc poisons, but then they have several clearly superior options. BTW Blizz, please stop making trinkets with hit on them. We hate them. Kthnxbai!

If you're not using one of those trinkets, well you're probably doing it wrong. It sucks that every class wants the same trinkets, because it means that we go from usually having to compete with, at most 4-5 others on a piece (ring/neck/cape) to having to compete with 10 others. If I wanted to do that, I would have rolled a caster.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, the fabled Whispering Fanged skull!!! The guild I am in has run ICC since it launched and downed LDW almost every time (Some weeks we extended lockout to progress). Looking at my raid leader statistics, we have downed her 24 times, and we have seen it drop ONCE. It went to a scrub RET pally (No not all of them are scrubs, just this one) Who couldn't push himself over 8K DPS on sarufang when he was at 5900+GS. He won it, started to complain that our faction had a bad PuG scene, and proceed a few weeks later to Xfer to the horde side, where he has yet to get into a PuG because he sucks. Karma, how I love the!

at the initial release taiaj was so mind blowingly op for several specs (ret/mut primarily) that blizzard had to stealth nerf ALL ppm mechanics to fix it (and to a varying extent bryntroll for rets/uh-dk's). they made it so that poison procs, enchant procs (ie berserking), seal procs, scourge-strike part 2, etc etc, no longer procced motes or life-drains, meaning both items lost a lot of value. in fact, i believe the bis list for combat is sts/dbw, and mut is sts/wfs(264), with some gear sets being very close and using taiaj simply for crit cap issues. as it is, wfs264 is actually BETTER than taiaj277 for most specs, as a result of the aforementioned stealth nerf (the nerf was badly done, but definetely needed, as mut rogues gained 3-400dps over DC switching to taiaj in its original form).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both normal and heroic versions but if I didn't have one at all I sure would try to persuade who ever would win it next time to give it to me. Everyone in my 10 man wants all of our melee to have it; which is the only reason our drake has been pushed aside for now.

In total, I've seen it drop 4 times in normal, 2 times were on my alt. Only once on heroic. I'd say it's pretty rare..but man that offhand drops everytime on heroic =.=

15+ Year Old Account
    like said before.. random stuff = random
    I got a hunter in my guild who has been using a 245 bow for about 14 weeks now.
    My rogue hwo has been 80 for 2 weeks just got the bow from deathwhisper hc 10 man.

random = random

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by marius_0228 View Post
    Well , I still dont have Deathbringers Will - YAY for trinkets drops
    I will get so much hate now.

My hunter dinged 80 about 10 days ago, 2 days ago i did my first icc 25 and won over 9 other people with a 87 roll.

the trinket i replaced, was the on use arp trinket from the raptor boss in dtk
    Last edited by eids; 2010-08-13 at 08:25 PM.

I ran icc10 since it came out on 2 chars every week for WFS and only saw it once, which I lost.

Last reset, my hunter and feral druid both won one. And this reset, my hunter won WFS hc, so now I've gotten a total of 3 in less than 2 weeks lol.

I've been killing Deathbringer Saurfang for so long. We had DBW drop 6 weeks in a row(!) and I still haven't seen the toskk bracers from that very same boss.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryinmilkme View Post
    That was the nice thing about Faction Champions in TOC 10 man was someone was always getting a trinket (even thoguh most of those trinkets were horrible) I do think they should put all the trinkets on one boss though in the first wing of the raid so people are always getting trinket upgrades.
    If that was the case then there'd be alot more ninjaing . Look at Deathbringer's Will every week on my server there is a thread moaning about it being ninjad . Yet I've never seen one moaning about Tiny Abomination in a Jar being stolen .
    Insert Signiture here.

I'm really unlucky with trinkets, haven't got Muradin's Spyglass on my mage OR WFS/TaiaJ on my pala still using the Triumph trinkets
    Last edited by Joshcozy; 2010-08-14 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we only ever saw WFS, like, four times on normal...and once on Heroic...Silly trinkets.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryinmilkme View Post
    That was the nice thing about Faction Champions in TOC 10 man was someone was always getting a trinket (even thoguh most of those trinkets were horrible) I do think they should put all the trinkets on one boss though in the first wing of the raid so people are always getting trinket upgrades.
    I strongly believe that ALL trinkets should be badge gear, never dropped from bosses. There are just too many people that need each one AND everyone needs two of them. No other slot comes close to that demand. My warrior doesn't have a raid and has been trying for the NES for months. Its dropped only one time and four people needed it.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    I strongly believe that ALL trinkets should be badge gear, never dropped from bosses. There are just too many people that need each one AND everyone needs two of them. No other slot comes close to that demand. My warrior doesn't have a raid and has been trying for the NES for months. Its dropped only one time and four people needed it.
    That would just add to the "OMG loot is too easy to get" QQ storm.

Trinkets are the most game-breaking slot of any gear. Winning one should have an epic feeling about it. Not a "Hey, got 60 badges, can buy a trinket now."

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanoble
    If that was the case then there'd be alot more ninjaing . Look at Deathbringer's Will every week on my server there is a thread moaning about it being ninjad . Yet I've never seen one moaning about Tiny Abomination in a Jar being stolen .
    You don't hear about TAiJ being ninja'd because ninjas are almost always incompetent raid leaders and incompetent raid leaders can't pug putri25. If TAiJ dropped off marrowgar or something I guarantee it'd get ninja'd almost as much as DBW.
    Last edited by Toas; 2010-08-16 at 09:22 AM.

we're working on hc LK, got mostly BiS gear across my DK apart from..... still using DC greatness, and HWT. Never even seen Deathbringers Will, never seen Sharpened scale from Halion, Never seen Whispering fanged skull and obviously of course never saw Deaths verdict.

Correction, I did See Deathbringers will once, it was when I was on my priest.