The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Can you tell us about the enhancment shaman changes and there effectiveness in pvp?

hey all just wondering how pvp is in the beta. are shaman more powerful vs other classes then they are on live? how much does searing hit and tick for? was the damage buffed? cause yeah on live magma does more. lava lash now can 330% offhand damage? lol tell me more about that. the buffed 50% ap to sp sounds cool. also how is healing steam totem? i see 25hp per tick on live and 28hp per tick on cata on wowhead. have the coefficients changed?

there effectiveness will be either about the same, or worse.

the searing flames/lavalash mechanic is of questionable use in pvp. unless we can use searing totem to hit our focus targets allowing a somewhat controllable dps burst shift (no matter what people say, controlled burst will still be king in pvp). though it takes a long time to build up, and can probably be cleansed, and can be stopped by the player running away from totem, running out of LoS, destroying totem etc...lots of ways to stop the slow stacks.

we will be working with our base mana pools, and spell costs are going up, the only reliable casted heal in pvp lesser healing wave costs a crap ton more, coupled with us having base mana we will run oom very fast.

our way to increase our mana is related to melee range still, though its tied to stormstrike. its not as powerful as the current SR, though its constant. sadly the jousting nature of pvp im hesitant to state whether or not it will be enough to sustain us.

SR still pulls double duty only now its damage reduction as well as making our spells free to cast for 15 seconds. though useful, i still think enhancement will OOM before anything dies.

while it may be too early to tell, i think at best we will be about the same

Deleted
    If i know my shaman class (and i do) i cannot see how enhancment or ele will be good preformers in pvp.
    Then again its impossible to say how it will all play out when everyone has cata HP.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    If i know my shaman class (and i do) i cannot see how enhancment or ele will be good preformers in pvp.
    Then again its impossible to say how it will all play out when everyone has cata HP.
    Elems damage is going up, and they're more than fine now. I don't see the problem? As it looks now there'll still be LSD in Cata heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    Elems damage is going up, and they're more than fine now. I don't see the problem? As it looks now there'll still be LSD in Cata heheh.
    damage going up? that tends to happen, i think nearly everyones damage is going up lol.

Yes, hence Elem shamans will probaply(or most likely) end up at the same sweet spot they are now, hence why I don't really see any problems yet for Elemental shaman's PVP future. This is also related to their resetting lavaburst cooldown etc.