Deleted

Cool The World Party of Gamers!

Hello, i would like to propose the creation of a World Party of Gamers.
    In recent years there are a bunch of people who thinks they know what is good for gamers (like Hilarry Clinton when she wanted to ban violent games) and at this moment some woman from my country wants to make a law to punsish people who curse other people on forums.
    I think there are a lot of other people that should be out there, making laws for games, internet, people that stay 10 hours playing wow and 2 hours trolling on forums!
    This people know what we need/don't need!
    Also, there are this machinima movies that are made in the entire world, a new art if you ask me, and no one is making any law to protect this new creators, but they make law to punish us if we call dumb a person on the wow forum!
    So post here if you like the ideea to be a member of this world party, and enter European Council and make some laws or smt.

first 10 members get the vicepresident (i get to be president ,hehe) , the next 100 will be important members of the party, the next 1000 will do something with their lifes like getting other members from the streets , or smt, and the rest will be nothing, we just need their signature to use them to vote new laws!

Would love to see something like this happen tbh.

Its usually the church groups or parental / family groups that target gamers. And generally the gamers don't group up despite the sum of their numbers being greater than some pathetic conservative group.

Gl with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-ST. View Post
    Hello, i would like to propose the creation of a World Party of Gamers.
    In recent years there are a bunch of people who thinks they know what is good for gamers (like Hilarry Clinton when she wanted to ban violent games) and at this moment some woman from my country wants to make a law to punsish people who curse other people on forums.
    I think there are a lot of other people that should be out there, making laws for games, internet, people that stay 10 hours playing wow and 2 hours trolling on forums!
    This people know what we need/don't need!
    Also, there are this machinima movies that are made in the entire world, a new art if you ask me, and no one is making any law to protect this new creators, but they make law to punish us if we call dumb a person on the wow forum!
    So post here if you like the ideea to be a member of this world party, and enter European Council and make some laws or smt.

first 10 members get the vicepresident (i get to be president ,hehe) , the next 100 will be important members of the party, the next 1000 will do something with their lifes like getting other members from the streets , or smt, and the rest will be nothing, we just need their signature to use them to vote new laws!
    Gaming, although considered a sport in some countries and something everyone enjoys at one point or another, is a form of entertainment. Politics is a field that seeks to fix problems within society. Gaming can only act as a sub-category to politics but gaming itself as a political representation is at most an unlikely attempt at being a form of representation outside of issues dealing with law. Plus, we have lobbyists who do things like this for us anyways not to mention millions of companies and corporations who speak for the entertainment industry who just so happen to vote for politicians.
    Last edited by Toxcat; 2010-08-12 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcat View Post
    Gaming, although considered a sport in some countries and something everyone enjoys at one point or another, is a form of entertainment. Politics is a field that seeks to fix problems within society. Gaming can only act as a sub-category to politics but gaming itself as a political representation is at most an unlikely attempt at being a form of representation outside of issues dealing with law. Plus, we have lobbyists who do things like this for us anyways not to mention millions of companies and corporations who speak for the entertainment industry who just so happen to vote for politicians.
    Not really. Conservative groups love to target anything remotely outside of their conceptions of moral. And gamers generally don't do a thing about it then complain when something gets outlawed. Basically something that has very little to do with one group , often wins over a larger group that actually does care.

I think what he wants to do is get gamers together and if theres a law being proposed in a country or state or province, have the gamers that live in that particular region get together and vote against it and contact any government officals that they can about opposing it. Like in the US we can write to the congressman/woman of the state that we live in and tell them to oppose it and if enough people do it then usually the congressman/woman would do that. This would be a group with the means of getting information out to people that the law would be affecting and let them know so they can do something about it. Alot of times it goes unnoticed by alot of gamers when someone is trying to pass a law involving gaming unless it makes a big media splash, with this kind of group if someone heard about it then the information would be passed along and everyone would have a chance to have a say in the matter.
    I like this ideal and wish you alot of luck with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Russelcoight View Post
    Not really. Conservative groups love to target anything remotely outside of their conceptions of moral. And gamers generally don't do a thing about it then complain when something gets outlawed. Basically something that has very little to do with one group , often wins over a larger group that actually does care.
    The conservative groups cannot often affect current law except on a state level and even then its in a form of a tax to control things such as internet. Gaming censorship has appropriate representation already. Not to mention the amount of support for content in games is often within the bounds of moral acceptance. If you ever get the chance or have heard about it, there was an article in game informer referencing a game that was created to "take players through the events of Columbine" by playing as the two killers. Morally the game was rightfully challenged, but it does not take away from the fact, and you said it yourself "Conservative groups love to target anything remotely outside of their conceptions of moral." That there is an example of an interest group that serves as a part of a political structure. Interest groups (in the states at least) do affect who gets elected and things that may get passed but entertainment is something that can be censored, regulated, and manipulated by a political entity but gaming itself as a political entity that determines what the entertainment industry can do directly - does not really exist.

Deleted
    what i want to do is a world party
    in each country make a sub-party of the Gamers Party who can be voted to enter in parliament or congress, etc, depends on country
    from this position we are able to make laws for us
    there are a lot of wrong things in the games world
    at this moment the wow player, for exemple, has NO rights whatsoever.
    In the eula agreement it says in 200 pages who no one ever reads, that Devillzard own everything, can do everything to you, etc, change anything... etc, etc, and you can t do nothing about it!
    I think players should have rights. Like the right to sell their account if they want, or the right to own a character, not to "rent" it.
    I mean you pay 200 dollars over the years to make a warr 80, and one day you decide to quit and recover some of the money you spent and sell it for 100 dollars. Why is this forbiden?
    A state law can make this legal, even if Devillzard doesn't want to.
    This is an example, but there are a lot of other exemples.
    It s a large comunity (12 millions wow players + 100 millions of other players) , a lot of money... and a lot of danger.
    I mean, a sticker on the box of wow who says "This game creates addiction!" could saved 3 years of my life... etc.
    Do you want that this matter to be discussed by people who never played any game? Because politicians don't play games but they vote laws for them.
    We need gamers inside the system to take care of important things.
    There are some dudes from pirates bay who end up in the european council but what have they done ? Well... nothing.
    They fight for the free share of information. But this FREE is bad for bussines, and movie/music company who made billions with a stupid song recorded once and duplicate after are not happy about this.
    they want information to COST you a lot. The same thing happen when the printer apeared. Back then, to have a book ment that u were rich... but the printer made 100 books per day, cheap... and poor people had acces to information and they didn't liked that either.
    there are a lot of wrong things and probably they will be considered in the next 10-20 years... but why not start now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-ST. View Post
    what i want to do is a world party
    in each country make a sub-party of the Gamers Party who can be voted to enter in parliament or congress, etc, depends on country
    from this position we are able to make laws for us
    there are a lot of wrong things in the games world
    at this moment the wow player, for exemple, has NO rights whatsoever.
    In the eula agreement it says in 200 pages who no one ever reads, that Devillzard own everything, can do everything to you, etc, change anything... etc, etc, and you can t do nothing about it!
    I think players should have rights. Like the right to sell their account if they want, or the right to own a character, not to "rent" it.
    I mean you pay 200 dollars over the years to make a warr 80, and one day you decide to quit and recover some of the money you spent and sell it for 100 dollars. Why is this forbiden?
    A state law can make this legal, even if Devillzard doesn't want to.
    This is an example, but there are a lot of other exemples.
    It s a large comunity (12 millions wow players + 100 millions of other players) , a lot of money... and a lot of danger.
    I mean, a sticker on the box of wow who says "This game creates addiction!" could saved 3 years of my life... etc.
    Do you want that this matter to be discussed by people who never played any game? Because politicians don't play games but they vote laws for them.
    We need gamers inside the system to take care of important things.
    There are some dudes from pirates bay who end up in the european council but what have they done ? Well... nothing.
    They fight for the free share of information. But this FREE is bad for bussines, and movie/music company who made billions with a stupid song recorded once and duplicate after are not happy about this.
    they want information to COST you a lot. The same thing happen when the printer apeared. Back then, to have a book ment that u were rich... but the printer made 100 books per day, cheap... and poor people had acces to information and they didn't liked that either.
    there are a lot of wrong things and probably they will be considered in the next 10-20 years... but why not start now?
    Copyright, trademark, licensing laws seem to be what your getting at. Remember, games created by certain entities serve as intellectual property. They make the rules regarding their product. In terms of a gamer having any say doesn't matter, its not their property in any way, shape or form. This is an issue about ownership and intellectual property issues. Think of it as neutral law entities such as the Judicial system trumping politically motivated laws enacted by people.
    Last edited by Toxcat; 2010-08-12 at 12:09 PM.