Thread: Retx2 2v2 team?

Deleted

Retx2 2v2 team?

Hey guys what's your opinion about 2 ret paladins in a 2v2 arena team?

It doesn't seem effective to me at all because of the low mana, no real CC, not that much health and the lack of dps

Problem is i've been out WoW way too long so my judgement on this is kinda easily said

So again, what's your opinion about it?

The Ret simply gets a 1H + Shield, specs protret and joins forces with a Rshaman(interrupt-goodness along with tremor) or with a Druid(totally not-oomable, ungibbable + cyclone)

My tip, dont do ret in arena at all Times changed..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    The Ret simply gets a 1H + Shield, specs protret and joins forces with a Rshaman(interrupt-goodness along with tremor) or with a Druid(totally not-oomable, ungibbable + cyclone)
    How about a prot paladin and a holy paladin then?

Quote Originally Posted by luckystarz View Post
    How about a prot paladin and a holy paladin then?
    I've heard of it, but you need to be stupid geared in PvE gear pretty much.

My opinion, go with a warrior, DK, or rogue for good control & burst or MS/burst. (Forgot to mention hunter, good ones pair amazing with ret)
    I've done well with all those comps (1800) but not much beyond that.

The reason he said shaman was due to dispels & interrupts which are really OP with how high prot-burst is atm.
    Last edited by conqq; 2010-08-12 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Last sentence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    You're pretty stupid, aren't you?
    Can we keep this on topic?

I need to know if there's any use for ret paladins in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by luckystarz View Post
    I need to know if there's any use for ret paladins in pvp
    Double ret - no.
    Ret+Resto Shaman - yes. You get interrupt, slow and offensive dispel.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Double ret - no.
    Ret+Resto Shaman - yes. You get interrupt, slow and offensive dispel.
    there's more than just that... and I posted it, a priest healer would pair better with ret due to mana burns & friendly-dispels. but GL finding any priest that isn't with a rogue or mage already.

I met an holy pal-protret team and the damage the protret did to me each time he had a chance (very often with double freedom and so many dispels)was simply obscene, I died in a stun+silence with reju rolling on me after I was out of cooldowns.
    I'm not a skilled pvper but their burst felt like a spriest and a rogue on you.
    Who needs mortalstrike when you can autoattack your way to victory

Double ret sometimes proves effective if you wings+spam all CD's to down 1 person, pillar, repeat, but if the other team has a capable healer it won't work too well.

My double ret team got a 2,1k rating, but it wasn't as easy as some of my other setups.

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    there's more than just that... and I posted it, a priest healer would pair better with ret due to mana burns & friendly-dispels. but GL finding any priest that isn't with a rogue or mage already.
    Priest would be free cookies for all warriors out there and you wouldn't win one mana-war, while the ret can't keep the mana-burn target in place apart from a 1 min cd hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Double ret sometimes proves effective if you wings+spam all CD's to down 1 person, pillar, repeat, but if the other team has a capable healer it won't work too well.

My double ret team got a 2,1k rating, but it wasn't as easy as some of my other setups.
    I'm sure this was S5 amirite

People mentioning Prot/ret Hybrid classes in a Cataclysm Pvp Forum make me sad, and angry at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derichian View Post
    People mentioning Prot/ret Hybrid classes in a Cataclysm Pvp Forum make me sad, and angry at the same time.
    prot ret is the best spec for pallys in WOTLK and it will be in Cata so deal with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ECZO View Post
    I met an holy pal-protret team and the damage the protret did to me each time he had a chance (very often with double freedom and so many dispels)was simply obscene, I died in a stun+silence with reju rolling on me after I was out of cooldowns.
    I'm not a skilled pvper but their burst felt like a spriest and a rogue on you.
    Who needs mortalstrike when you can autoattack your way to victory
    Ret pally/dpriest is not good since warriors with rape your priest because of the lack of peeling that pallys are capable of.

You need an MS.

If this is in fact referring to Cataclysm arenas (seeing as you posted in the "Cataclysm" forum), the comp's viability may increase as ret will be adding an interrupt to the arsenal, alongside the newly implemented stamina increase across the board.

That being said, 2 paladins playing side by side is generally never good news. If you do try and run this comp, I would highly recommend running double Blood Elf, as you will need any CC you can get your hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by Martsus View Post
    Priest would be free cookies for all warriors out there and you wouldn't win one mana-war, while the ret can't keep the mana-burn target in place apart from a 1 min cd hammer.
    Not as good as you might think, I have tried this comp as the priest, Ret pally lacks the damage output to be a healer/dps 2's. Ret has its place in 3's with a warrior and a resto shammy or druid or in 5's on a melee team but in 2's they really are gimped. I have played with a ret pally on my mage also and as arcane that team actually has some good synergy with quick stuns and enough burst between the two that if u can seperate the dps from its healer or focus a dps that cant bubble/magic shield, you can melt a target quickly. The other good thing in that comp is that it has great defensive cd's with bubble, Bop, Ice block, and Evo for health. If you run ret mage i suggest after killing the first target reset the fight, heal up, then re open on the person.