No Demonology in Cata PvP?

Demonology Warlocks were pretty much non present in serious PvP during WotLK.

With all the already announced changes coming in Cataclysm, it seems to me that Blizzard intends Demonology to be PvE only?

At this moment, the only 2 serious PvP talents in Demonology are Soul Link and Metamorphosis.
    Compared to what Affliction and Destruction have, this seems very very poor.

So, what do you fellow Warlocks think?
    Is Blizzard going to make Demonology a viable PvP spec?

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't be banished/pally feared.
    Meta's cooldown can be reduced for every dd you get off
    Baseline movement speed increase
    Immolation Aura + Hellfire while moving
    Demonic Leap instead of Charge (should be able to jump up platforms!)

I think it'll work out.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Also, we'll be able to have Felguard + Doomguard/Infernal out (both affected by mastery, if that's on PvP gear), we can leave HoG on the ground, keep running through it/porting back to ditch melee, if Demon Bolt is still on the cards then our demons will be hitting even harder, and our Demon Soul gives haste so we can get spells off quickly and move.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post

I think it'll work out.
    I thought they were upping the damage on Hellfire and removing the self damaging aspect of it. Allowing you to channel it while moving was put in place to replace Immolation Aura, I thought. Can someone clarify? So on AE fights, all you're doing is channeling Hellfire to make up for the fact that you can't do RoF+ImmoA or HF+ImmoA or SoC+ImmoA.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post

I think it'll work out.
    Can you site these two changes? I believe you, but I somehow missed them saying it.

Also, Demo has the ability to SF people in the face. Once one pvp target goes down, you have 10 seconds of soul fire (aka five casts) left to take down another. If a lock can manage to chain decimate in a BG AND pop meta... be afraid.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    Can you site these two changes? I believe you, but I somehow missed them saying it.

Also, Demo has the ability to SF people in the face. Once one pvp target goes down, you have 10 seconds of soul fire (aka five casts) left to take down another. If a lock can manage to chain decimate in a BG AND pop meta... be afraid.
    Demo can do that now, do you see them doing it tho? Nope. Baseline movement speed won't be that epic honestly. Any sort of snaring effect will probably be on you. If it broke all snares, ok sweet, if not...it'd be like a rogue popping sprint with Hamstring up. Yeah...not really a great idea.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Demo on beta atm is nice but needs some tweaks and bug fixes

Hellfire and Immo aura in Meta form is a melee killer (they should fix Hellfire self damage and able to move while channeling , NOTE these are bugs are will be fixed soon )

Hand of Guldan is a big hitting nuke (hits harder than Chaos Bolt)

Also locks and mages have 200% crit damage on beta

with 4k spell power i was hitting 6-7k Hand of Guldan and criting around 20k
    Chaos Bolt is 5k hit and 15-16k crit

I am more worried about affi , it has good stuff on paper but in reality/testing in PvP it isnt so great (as affi i lost every singe duel vs rogue while i owned rogue in demo and destro spec )
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrim View Post
    Demo can do that now, do you see them doing it tho? Nope. Baseline movement speed won't be that epic honestly. Any sort of snaring effect will probably be on you. If it broke all snares, ok sweet, if not...it'd be like a rogue popping sprint with Hamstring up. Yeah...not really a great idea.
    Actually I do see a fair number of demo locks in BGs. Not as many as Destro or Aff but they still exist.

The reason you don't see it as much now is because demo lacks a lot of other pvp ulility for arenas that the two other specs provide. And since the current form of pvp is that arenas are the only thing that offers any sort of viable rewards you don't see many Demo locks in BGs.

With rated BGs the reign of arenas should be over and hopefully we'll see more pvp viable demo locks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything Demo starts being viable in PvP in Cata. No more demonic CC, one hell of a melee peel and some nukes. These sound nice, i'm eager to test it!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr View Post
    If anything Demo starts being viable in PvP in Cata. No more demonic CC, one hell of a melee peel and some nukes. These sound nice, i'm eager to test it!
    No offense but it sounds like you dont know much about pvp. Demo locks have decimation (loses strength in pvp), molten core (pretty useless in pvp due to dispells), Felguard (worse pvp utilty than felhunter) and Meta (immolation aura being the best thing about demo pvp). Demo in pvp plays pretty much like a 0/0/0 warlock with massive amounts of spellpower. Cata has not changed any of this and demo is still reliant on long casted nukes and weak dots for its damage.

edit- actually we will get one nice buff for demo when they increase range on our spells baseline.
    Last edited by mmoc137b91173a; 2010-08-14 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see why was Demo useless in PvP and what's ben fixed:
    - no pushback reduction - fixed
    - no extra range - fixed
    - long casted nukes - NOT fixed
    - crappy DoTs -NOT fixed
    - an extra way to get CC'd(Banish, Turn Evil) - fixed
    - an extra way to receive damage (Exorcism, lol) - fixed
    - no way to get melee of you - fixed

And Demo was THE spec for all and any 5v5 featuring a Warlock. I doubt you'll see a Demo lock in a 2v2 team but you'll see a lot more in BGs.
    Oh and... you have no ideea what you're talking about when you say Decimation and Soul Fire lose strength in pvp. Chaining Decimation on an incoming team in the flag room is godly and you will drop a lot of them like flies. SF doesn't hit as hard as in PVE gear but... nothing does in PVP gear.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr View Post
    Let's see why was Demo useless in PvP and what's ben fixed:
    - no pushback reduction - fixed
    - no extra range - fixed
    - long casted nukes - NOT fixed
    - crappy DoTs -NOT fixed
    - an extra way to get CC'd(Banish, Turn Evil) - fixed
    - an extra way to receive damage (Exorcism, lol) - fixed
    - no way to get melee of you - fixed

And Demo was THE spec for all and any 5v5 featuring a Warlock. I doubt you'll see a Demo lock in a 2v2 team but you'll see a lot more in BGs.
    Oh and... you have no ideea what you're talking about when you say Decimation and Soul Fire lose strength in pvp. Chaining Decimation on an incoming team in the flag room is godly and you will drop a lot of them like flies. SF doesn't hit as hard as in PVE gear but... nothing does in PVP gear.
    I am talking about arena where players are not usually at low health and landing a long nuke on them at low health is unlikely. Demo was certainly not the 5v5 spec in wotlk, it was popular at the start of BC when the Felguard was overpowered. Obviously they are balancing around bgs in Cata where class balance doesnt really matter.