Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya... im leveling my third character and im already bored. I like it from 68-70 because I give that char BoA epic flying and BoA gear so that part goes by quick. But from 70-76.5 (yes im serious about the .5) its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo boring. but 76.5-80 is perfectly fine, I hope 80-85 will be as epic as Blizz and everyone else says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    10th 80 and i still enjoy northrend 0o

In fact just got loremaster of northrend for the 10th time :P
    Die.. you... CYBORG!

But seriously, I'm at 8 80s and I have 2 lvl 72s, I dread northrend anymore =/
    Like I'm one faction away from my Crusader title and am just bored to death by dailies I've done at least 100 times now

I find it's not so much that it's boring, Northrend quests are the same, at worst, as BC-era quests, and more interesting much of the time.

The trouble lies in the fact that 1) It's the latest content and, thus, the freshest in our minds, so re-doing it again is like watching an episode of Lost then immediately rewinding it and watching it again... then again... then again. 2) It's the slowest leveling period. Leveling up in old world isn't so bad as it gets broken up a lot by going back to town to train new abilities, fill newly accessed slots, browse the AH for new gear, etc. One can go from 70-80 with only one or two trips back to town, a period that usually takes 50-100 hours of playtime.

All of my alts got stuck at 70-72 at one point, and only 3 have been shoved forth to 80, all of which for a speific reason (Herb/Skin, enchant/tailor, and JC/mining, all to feed my Alch/Engineering main)

well I don't know what's wrong with you, because it's a huge improvement over BC or vanilla, especially with the vehicle mechanics and phasing you bump into.

maybe you're just tired of leveling in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I think you hate tanking because you are not good at it. Tanking is much more fun then dps. When you dps, all you are doing is hitting a target and doing damage. When you are tanking, you are dealing damage but also organizing them in your mind thinking about different threat levels, your health, and with my warrior my rage. Think you just need to give it a try. Or do something different then level. Play your 80s. Also, with the amount of high level characters you have, you may just need to take a break from the game and play something else.

Deleted
    how can say that the quests in northrend are boring and those from 1-70 are better? I'm currently only on a wotlk trial account and cannot gain experience but I'm doing them becuase they're FUN! I did instances/AV from 1-68 just because the quests are always the same "kill x of that, collect y of that" but in northrend there's lot's of fun, epic, loregasm quests. Also, doing instances/pvp instead of northrend will make you lose quite a lot of gold. I made enough to afford a epic flying mount when I leveled. AV does give you honor to buy epic gems but it's a lot less than what you make from questing and it's slower.

I admit that some things are worse in wotlk but leveling is not one of them.

I find Northrend much more interesting then Outland, current EK and current KL.

The reasons why people feel bored of Northrend are

1) They have already been leveling, and too much of anything becomes boring.
    2) Northrend takes the same amount of time as 1-58 does. And people now want their characters to hit 80 asap, so they can start farming epics.
    3) Northrend actually requires you to level in ZONES, because leveling through dungeons and BGs is just not enough.

In simple words, Northrend's questing require a little more effort then leveling through EK, KL or Outland. Just like how Outland did back in TBC, when you actually leveled in zones, and not hit level 64 (or even 65) just in HFP.

All I can think of is, lazy people are lazy.

Northrend is far more interesting and fun at this stage of the game then Outland was during the end of TBC.

---------- Post added 2010-08-12 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by atree496 View Post
    I think you hate tanking because you are not good at it. Tanking is much more fun then dps.
    I agree.

I have a healer, a ranged dps, a melee dps and a tank (all have OS(s) ofc).

Healing is the most fun for me (personal opinion), then I find tanking to be the most fun. Tanking is the reason I stopped playing both my DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always enjoyed northrend on my characters...

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im allways glad when i go to northrend with my characters at lvl 68. I friggin hate the old world, and i hate the outlands even more (and i play since classic wow ^^). Northrend is cool, the quests are fun, and the zone-design is really awesome.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansgar View Post
    Do what rabbimojo said, and along with that you either get a 2nd monitor to your computer or a television close you, on which you run several movies / series on, that way you have 10% attention to WoW and 90% attention to your movie and you might find it more enjoyable
    Hm, it gets old pretty quick - I've had a second monitor (actually been using my TV as a second monitor for a few months), and I've seen most episodes of ALOT of series, and ALOT of movies...
    But better than nothing I guess
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    10th 80 and i still enjoy northrend 0o

In fact just got loremaster of northrend for the 10th time :P
    HOLY CRAP. Once was WAY more than enough for me. I despise old world leveling in particular... Getting Northrend and Outlands was no problem, but EK and Kal... :/

Incidentally, I'm still enjoying Northrend on my 4th toon. I try to spice it up a bit... I may do Grizzly Hills and Zul'Drak this time. Perhaps Icecrown which I've never leveled in at all (only did IC for Loremaster on my main.) And of course, all the while I'll be queued for dungeons, so if I start turning quests green, I move on so that I'm not getting too terribly bored of an area.

PvP

Strand of the Ancients
    - Strand of the Ancients
    - - Strand of the Ancients
    - - - Strand of the Ancients
    - - Strand of the Ancients
    - Strand of the Ancients
    Strand of the Ancients

SotA BG's - Do them; I went from 73 - 80 in a weekend.

Eh I feel your pain, doubt it's really anything about Northrend leveling though. As other people have mentioned it's because once you hit 70 the levels suddenly take waaay longer. They nerfed the XP requirements for 1-70 like... absolutely insane amounts. Definitely a big shock to the system after breezing through 1-70. Just park your guy in the inn of whatever quest hub you're at and blue level it up once or twice per week.

You have 5 80 characters, you answered your own question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Right now i got 4 characters (Mage, Warr, DK, Priest) at level 70, 5 level 80 characters (Sham, Druid, Hunter, Lock, Rogue) and lvl 1 loladin bank char.

However whenever i try to play any of my 70 chars in Northrend, i get instantly bored to death.
    All zones in Northrend are very extremely boring to me, and i did the highest level zones in Outland.

I do not know how am i going to reach lvl80 on those 4 alts, since i fall asleep as soon as i even approach any Northrend leveling zone.
    I HATE Tanking and Healing, so all those chars are DPS specced - hence it is always a 30 minute waiting timer in LFG system.

Does anyone here have any advice on how to get these chars to lvl80?
    Alterac Valley

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when I get too Northrend,the quest their (in my opinion) are ten times better than outlands questing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop playing. Why force yourself to play something you cannot find a personal reason to play. If I have to tell you how to enjoy the game, something is wrong. Unsub, wait around for cata. Get hyped up, and come back that last month before 4.0 hits and level the toon you want to play in Cata to 80.

But seriously, STOP F'ING PLAYING IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY THE GAME. Seriously, would you spend 15 dollars to go see a movie you hate, I certainly hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

I've leveled 5 times through Northrend now and it is still by far my favorite to level through. Every toon except for my main has gone 68-72Borean, 72-74 DB, 74-75ish Grizzly Hills, 75-76 zul'drak, 76-78ish Sholozar(by far the fastest zone after Borean),78-80 Storm Peaks(To open Hodir a.s.a.p) Then if I'm not quite 80, or even if I am I roll over to IC to open up Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade rep hubs. Throw a few intances in some of the zones and you'll skip half the quest. DTK has always seemed to be some of the fastest experience I've seen through Northrend. Always make sure to only mount when there isn't a mob in attack distance. Kill EVERYTHING you can in between quest and just kite, kite, kite, and you'll blow through Northrend in 24-36 hours of game play rather easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinderwurst View Post
    Try to level in places you haven't leveled before.
    This. I couldn't level my Mage because I had already done Borean Tundra three times, but I leveled my Rogue easily by doing Howling Fjord, seeing as I had never done that place before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

After leveling a Warrior from 1-75, the class has started getting a bit dull to me. There's not much difference between Fury and Arms while leveling(at least not for me), so I just hop on my Warrior now and then to tank a 5-man.

I quite like the zones though, and I've just realised that Survival Hunters are awesome when it comes to leveling, so I've started leveling my Hunter again after getting stuck from boredom as a Beastmaster at 73.

Perhaps you should consider a different spec so you don't do the same for 80 levels straight.