Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preparing for H LK

So, yeah, finally gonna have a go at Heroic LK 10-man, after getting Heroic Halion 10-man. I already know the fight, is there anything else I need to know? IE:

-Is there a specific Disc spec to use, or just the standard?

-Downrank bubble or max rank?

ect ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    What is ect?
    People like you are what makes this forum worse then what it could be.

I am very interested in this as well. I read at one point that not using max bubble was best (maybe i am mistaken).

Anyways, I would appreciate restoration druid tips as well.

Sorry, I'm not much help.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

etcetera? Ectera? I have no idea how to spell it, but it basically means "things of the same nature". so in this case, "other things I need to know?".

Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpinte View Post
    Anyways, I would appreciate restoration druid tips as well.
    No sense in asking for Druid tips in a Priest forum.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Very helpfull post, Lysdexic

I'm not much into priests but if you should downrank or not depends on your spell power I guess. You gotta just try and see if you're getting rapture procs with highest rank.

Quote Originally Posted by adaptinee View Post
    Very helpfull post, Lysdexic

I'm not much into priests but if you should downrank or not depends on your spell power I guess. You gotta just try and see if you're getting rapture procs with highest rank.
    Yeah, I'll just test it out when I go tonight. I used a macro that calculates your PW:S absorption amount and added +30% to it (ICC buff) and it came out to somewhere around 11k, if I remember correctly.

Not a priest here, but what benefit would you get from down ranking shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Larancy View Post
    Rapture Trick. It's a long story. (Translation: I'm too lazy to explain it right now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    What is ect?

Emergency Crepe Table

To go with the pancake theme he has

But yeah, the disc priest in ours does that and works rather well.

I am currently using rank 11 PW:S for Heroic 10 man I believe. If not then it's rank 10. Basically you want to use whatever the highest rank of shield is that Infest will still break in 1 shot so it procs Rapture. Going too low will result in the Infests getting out of control rather quickly. Not much else in terms of Disc tips other than watch for the Soul Reaper on the tanks and try to get there with a shield and Penance.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

you want your shield to break on infest, but keep the damage your raid members takes from dipping them below 90%, this way you negate infest, keep yourself from having to heal further, and still get the mana return from the rapture talent (aka when your shield breaks)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanisbad View Post
    you want your shield to break on infest, but keep the damage your raid members takes from dipping them below 90%, this way you negate infest, keep yourself from having to heal further, and still get the mana return from the rapture talent (aka when your shield breaks)
    Oh I see. Makes sense now.

Yeah i'd say, having played paladin and shaman, priest are much more intricate and require more skill to play to their fullest.

OP: sometimes our shambling tank needs pain supression during phase one, and keep track of shields during phase 2 there can be instances where you get picked up by the valk before you finish refreshing everyones shields and its a good idea to let the other healer and raid know whos going into infest without a shield so they can be ready to offheal/use cooldowns

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=etc

or

The abbreviation etc or ETC may stand for:

* et cetera, a Latin expression meaning "and other things" or "and so on"

What adaptine said, only realy needed to downrank if you have enough spell power, I don't realy know the whole 'calculation' but what adaptine said, just try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    So, yeah, finally gonna have a go at Heroic LK 10-man, after getting Heroic Halion 10-man. I already know the fight, is there anything else I need to know? IE:

-Is there a specific Disc spec to use, or just the standard?

-Downrank bubble or max rank?

ect ect.
    For 10m, you MUST rank down for Rapture procs, or you will have some mana issues.
    I suggest rank 11 or rank 12, it's what works for me, all variant on your SP. (It will be somewhere around there.)
    If you're not completely sure about your spec, go ahead and armory Skytech on Mal'Ganis (Won't let me post url's for some odd reason) and copy that Disc spec.

And if you ever have any questions, feel free to log onto Mal'Ganis and ask me (if you play US) or PM me on here. I'm always willing to help :P

~Sky~

For example on 10man, if you bubble 8 people, but not the tanks, then if they all break at the same time you get 20% of your mana back instead of 2.5% because it counts all 8 together if they break at the same second.

Your playstyle will depend on your group makeup. If you have outstanding dps (and ranged is preferable for H LK), you can get away with 3 healers, but it's actually easier IMO with two -- paladin/disc priest is a great combo.

I did this with my normal spec, and found that downranking PWS wasn't absolutely critical but there was no reason not to do it. It allowed me to easily manage mana and go into P3 at nearly full mana where you'll be spending it much more quickly, and saved the innervate in our group for our holy pally. Make sure to have full rank PWS for use when you're not guarding against infest.

You'll want to be ready with your PS for the add tank when there's a 2nd shambler up (should be around the time you're getting ready for the ledge transition) as he'll be taking a tremendous amount of damage otherwise. If you have a dps that can manage the disease cleansing, that would be ideal. If not, you should do it -- the tank healer will not be as easily able to spare the GCD.

P3 in the Frostmourne room, make sure to keep PoM bouncing, and Holy Nova mixed with shields and renews (yes, renews) works great too -- you don't have a lot of opportunity for spells with cast time. We had our moonkin shift to caster form and throw a few hots around as well, and that worked great (starfall is OP in there, even in caster form).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=etc

or

The abbreviation etc or ETC may stand for:

* et cetera, a Latin expression meaning "and other things" or "and so on"
    The guy was being sarcastic, because the OP spelled it "ect", not "etc".

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    The guy was being sarcastic, because the OP spelled it "ect", not "etc".
    Then that would be being a spelling nazi, not sarcasm.