Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have just started on LK10HM and have found that rank 11 works for me, but thats with 4pc t10.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    I have just started on LK10HM and have found that rank 11 works for me, but thats with 4pc t10.
    I've got 4pc T-10, so I'll try using Rank 11 and Rank 12. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

etcetera
    You got it right on the first try!

Then that would be being a spelling nazi, not sarcasm.
    You might be right here. So many people make this mistake that it bothers me.

School lesson:
    Abbreviation: First letter from a bunch of words, with a period between each:
    S.O.B.
    son of (a) bitch
    Contraction: First few letters from a single word, with a period at the end:
    Etcetera --> Etc.

Of course, that's a fake school lesson, because the English learned in English classes (grammar and stuff) is absolutely terrible. I had to learn about linguistics & grammar in Spanish and apply it to English. And people wonder why they suck at speaking their mother language...

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I've got 4pc T-10, so I'll try using Rank 11 and Rank 12. Thanks.
    depends how much spellpower you have, and what trinkets you use for LK.

I was sitting at about 3830 or so last night (swapped a spellpower trinket to an int trinket), had no lock or ele shamans though

I thought everyone knew that "ETC" stands for Elite Tauren Chieftan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    blah blah
    Post 2 and still nothing to help the thread. thx 4 dat

anyway OP, make sure to use shadowfiend in p1, pre shield before pull, try to get the most out of rapture and be selfish with power infusion =P I haven't downed him yet, but I have used max rank and mana hasn't been the problem so far.. =)

on my alt im pretty much fully 264 gear and i use rank 12 shields, one or 2 may not break but enough for mana gains anyway, i hav around 4k sp fully buffed, if your not shielding you should be spamming MT to keep insiration up if your 2 healing it, its pretty easy until frostmourne room i just need a little more practice healing in there as its a pain to heal the raid and watch where the bombs are.

in 2nd transition phase i switch to full rank shields as there is no infest to worry about.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

this thread has been derail.

/locked
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

How has it derailed?

Seems on topic atm

With the 30% buff you definitely need to down rank! Of course how low you go depends on your spell power and so on - Also a good tip - make sure you don't bubble the tanks when you rotate your infest bubbles - they pop early and trigger the cooldown it has so you might not get mana back at infest!
    In 10 man you should have no problems shielding everybody before infest so you shouldn't need to heal people up - but keep an eye out for it anyway.

Don't forget you have Divine Hymn if the aoe damage gets too high at any point.

Other than that it's just normal healing... and what someone above said if you are shielding people in a no-infest period make sure you switch to the proper rank!

10+ Year Old Account
    You got it right on the first try!

You might be right here. So many people make this mistake that it bothers me.

School lesson:
    S.O.B.
    son of (a) bitch
    Etcetera --> Etc.

Of course, that's a fake school lesson, because the English learned in English classes (grammar and stuff) is absolutely terrible. I had to learn about linguistics & grammar in Spanish and apply it to English. And people wonder why they suck at speaking their mother language...
    As you've shown you obviously understood what he meant. Why would you go into a grammar rant instead of answering his question? A few pointers:

"Of course, that's a fake school lesson, because the English learned in English classes (grammar and stuff) is absolutely terrible. "

Obviously that is ridiculous, when you are referring to English classes are you aware English is taught as subject in institutions such as Oxford, Cambridge, Yale, Harvard and Stanford.

"I had to learn about linguistics & grammar in Spanish and apply it to English"

Now why would you do that? I can see why if you want to learn French or Italian both being Latin languages however English grammar differ quite a bit being a West Germanic language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germanic_languages) and its grammar differ quite a bit from Spanish. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_grammar)

See, nobody likes a smartass.

S.O.B.
    son of (a) bitch
    That's the definition of "acronym," not "abbreviation."

Etcetera --> Etc.
    "Et cetera" is two words, and this is the definition of "abbreviation," not "contraction."

If you're going to troll a post for poor grammar, it's a good idea to be correct.

Alrighty, after a good few wipes, I got to test out some different ranks:

Rank 11: Seems to be the only one that works for the mana return. But when I use Rank 11, there's always at least two people (not the tanks) that still have Infest after the shield breaks.

Rank 12: Same as 11, except no Rapture return.

Max Rank: Infest is nullified completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I tend to do things outside the norm. I healed it with a resto druid and chose not to down rank PW:S and yes I have a ton of spell power (over 4000 self-buffed).
    Here is why:

- Even without the massive rapture procs, I did not run into mana issues, but we had a boomkin's innervate just in case I did. We ended up giving it to the mage.
    - It allowed me to shield the tanks.
    - After the first transition, a lot of people will be taking damage from defile. Stronger bubbles means less-chance that infest will go through.
    - The only downside is that if you have any spell power procs (such as the ashen ring) you will not be able to overwrite the old bubbles. Just swap out any gear that could cause that problem.

Anyway, regardless here are a few incites from our runs:

1- I stopped shielding 15seconds before the end of the first transition because an infest would come right after and I did not want anyone to still have weakened soul. I barely had enough GCDs to cover everyone before it would hit. Our elemental shaman helped us top off everyone at this point because even if I would shield someone, if they were not at max life, infest would continue to tic through.
    2- In the ghost room (phase 3), I would bubble everyone and cast Holy Nova/PoM/Renew while following whoever was assigned to watch bombs. We also had our shadow priest and boomkin toss out HoTs, although it wasn't necessary with the resto druid.
    3- Cooldown usage is key. We had a ret paladin cast Aura Mastery whenever I was picked up by Valks. And a Spriest's Divine Hymn if things got out of control. Make sure your tanks are using their survival cooldowns.
    4- During phase 3, we ignored the ghosts and had our tanks soak them with cooldowns. However, you will most likely not have a tank available for the first batch because you will most likely still have adds up from the 2nd transition. We used our ret paladin to soak the first batch with Divine Shield.

Rest is standard strat.
    Good luck!
    Tigerlily - US-Mannoroth
    Last edited by Tygerlily177; 2010-08-18 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    That's the definition of "acronym," not "abbreviation."

"Et cetera" is two words, and this is the definition of "abbreviation," not "contraction."

If you're going to troll a post for poor grammar, it's a good idea to be correct.
    An acronym is a word formed from the initial letters of the several words in the name, and pronounced as a word. When you pronounce the letters individually, it's called an initialism. (And both of these are abbreviations.)

At 30% you will need to downrank unless you want to totally go OOM.

Be wary of aggro, and when you should time your shields. Heres a link that goes into more detail: http://talesofapriest.com/?p=807